Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He is.

^^^ Drunk

Didn't anticipate Wallace being back in training, that's good news!

That photo is painful to look at. Yo-yo sprints and the bleep test are the devil's work.

Would be surprised if we ever get Wallace back to his best. Big season for him. If he breaks down again, he'll have to go, can't afford passengers nowadays. Harsh but would have to be done.

I remember Thistle fans told us Ryan Scully was pish...

Starting once and letting in 4 goals to Queen's Park probably had something to do with that (even if there wasn't much he could have done that night).

I'm of the opinion that BRE looked pretty decent against Motherwell, which is the only time he got any substantial game time for us, and based on that 90 minutes should do alright a couple of levels down, but I guess Airdrie fans are better placed to judge him.

Really happy with our first three signings. With Callum Fordyce apparently being able to cover RB and LB, as well as CB, I'd say that is us completed our dealings for the defensive side of things. Now, IMO, we need these positions filled: (in order of priority)

2 x GKs

2 x wingers

2 x strikers

1 x CM

That'd bring our squad up to 20 first team members. I think if the signings continue to be as good, if not better, as they have been since AJ took over, then I think we will still have a strong and well balanced squad come the first competitive game of the season.

Our defence looks very young and inexperienced, the last few seasons have shown that this doesn't work.

Even Buchanan looked lost at times, we really do need an experienced no nonsense guy at the back. Hill would be a good shout.

AJ sounds content with the defence and it certainly fits with his statement that we'll be pacey and playing football. I'm happy with it anyway - plenty of options in terms of positions, we've added height and aggression too. I'm never convinced the problem has been simply youth/inexperience - more of a basic lack of organisation at set pieces and no positional discipline in midfield and fullback areas, allowing teams to steam through at will. Not scoring enough goals too has been a problem for our defence. Teams clocked that we were dreadful up front so got the confidence to go gung-ho, knowing they wouldn't be punished.

Check the Moff's legs - he has muscles in places I don't even have places.

Our defence looks very young and inexperienced, the last few seasons have shown that this doesn't work.

Even Buchanan looked lost at times, we really do need an experienced no nonsense guy at the back. Hill would be a good shout.

Talbot has plenty of experience though, and he's 29. So that's those cliches covered.

Hill wouldn't be a good shout at all. It's just a name that one person floated and the usual folk have piled on because they can't think of anything original to say.

AJ sounds content with the defence and it certainly fits with his statement that we'll be pacey and playing football. I'm happy with it anyway - plenty of options in terms of positions, we've added height and aggression too. I'm never convinced the problem has been simply youth/inexperience - more of a basic lack of organisation at set pieces and no positional discipline in midfield and fullback areas, allowing teams to steam through at will. Not scoring enough goals too has been a problem for our defence. Teams clocked that we were dreadful up front so got the confidence to go gung-ho, knowing they wouldn't be punished.

Check the Moff's legs - he has muscles in places I don't even have places.

Agree with this. Whilst you could argue that an experienced guy can provide that organisation and set piece, you could also argue that simply having a good communicator, regardless of age and experience, could do that.

Incidentally, have folk checked out the teams that have won this league over the past few years? Have all those teams been full of older, experienced players who played physically*? Because according to a lot of foolish folk, that's 'what's needed to win this league'.

*Aye ok, probably Sevco, but then they had the second biggest budget in the country, so were always going to win the league. They're a clear exception.

I can't see us not signing at least one more defender, any more than 1 out and we are really struggling.

There is normally a lot more pre-season pictures than we got this year, and none of them showed anybody that's not under-contract, wonder if that's deliberate? It would be unusual for no trialists to be there, especially as some of last seasons squad were offered to come in.