Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Check the Moff's legs - he has muscles in places I don't even have places.

I noticed that when I saw the photo - he certainly doesn't skip leg day! He is looking extremely lean, he wasn't obese last season whatsoever however he looks like he has been working extremely hard on his fitness and physique since the season ended and has shed a bit of weight. It would be interesting to see the results of the bleep test.

Craig Brown the photographer does it every year, if he was to put up pictures that included trialists it could alert other teams to there availability etc.

Sensible thing to do.

Don't disagree, just normally somebody gets spotted.

There is a photo on Facebook with 2 blurred players in it, one of them is potentially millen, tho I'm probably wrong.

I noticed that when I saw the photo - he certainly doesn't skip leg day! He is looking extremely lean, he wasn't obese last season whatsoever however he looks like he has been working extremely hard on his fitness and physique since the season ended and has shed a bit of weight. It would be interesting to see the results of the bleep test.

Just need to use him properly - he's built more like a sprinter than the rest of the ultra-marathon squad. The power to turn and get away from defenders is hopefully something AJ can exploit.

Good to see the pics of Geggan looking like a random pastty Scottish guy that has wondered in off the street - there's hope for all of us yet!

Agree with this. Whilst you could argue that an experienced guy can provide that organisation and set piece, you could also argue that simply having a good communicator, regardless of age and experience, could do that.

Incidentally, have folk checked out the teams that have won this league over the past few years? Have all those teams been full of older, experienced players who played physically*? Because according to a lot of foolish folk, that's 'what's needed to win this league'.

*Aye ok, probably Sevco, but then they had the second biggest budget in the country, so were always going to win the league. They're a clear exception.

Wait, didn't you red dot me for saying the same thing a page ago?

I don't know what's do difficult to understand. Unless we get lucky and unearth some prodigy type we need to get at least one defender who has got lots of games under his belt at a decent level who can organise the younger players. An example was Kevin *Rustybits* coming in and sorting us out. QOTS used Higgins and Morton had one or two older physically bigger defenders. Infact their entire back four were physically stronger and bigger. Were you not at the two home games where they scored off corners and down the flanks? Pace, power strength and organisation. It's what we didn't have last season.

AJ has identified it and I'm convinced he will bring in a leader type centre half and yes Hill would be ideal.

It does sound cliched and simplistic but if you're a big centre forward coming up against the likes of Martin you must think you've won a watch. No doubt Martin can play a bit but when you're losing a stone or more on an opponent at every corner then it's not going to work.

Edited to add

1434657268613.jpg

Look at this pic. 90% of them look too weak to compete and are not athletic at all. Williamson will get away with it going forward but Fais Martin and others simply get pushed off the ball.

Edited by D.A.F.C

Wait, didn't you red dot me for saying the same thing a page ago?

I don't know what's do difficult to understand. Unless we get lucky and unearth some prodigy type we need to get at least one defender who has got lots of games under his belt at a decent level who can organise the younger players. An example was Kevin *Rustybits* coming in and sorting us out. QOTS used Higgins and Morton had one or two older physically bigger defenders. Infact their entire back four were physically stronger and bigger. Were you not at the two home games where they scored off corners and down the flanks? Pace, power strength and organisation. It's what we didn't have last season.

AJ has identified it and I'm convinced he will bring in a leader type centre half and yes Hill would be ideal.

It does sound cliched and simplistic but if you're a big centre forward coming up against the likes of Martin you must think you've won a watch. No doubt Martin can play a bit but when you're losing a stone or more on an opponent at every corner then it's not going to work.

Edited to add

1434657268613.jpg

Look at this pic. 90% of them look too weak to compete and are not athletic at all. Williamson will get away with it going forward but Fais Martin and others simply get pushed off the ball.

Did you somehow miss the signing of Jason Talbot then?

Also are you actually saying that all players need to be big and well built to be any good or they'll 'just get pushed off the ball'?

Edited by DA Baracus

Don't disagree, just normally somebody gets spotted.

There is a photo on Facebook with 2 blurred players in it, one of them is potentially millen, tho I'm probably wrong.

He's currently in Madrid, unlikely to be him.

Or the benefit of being part-time. Work outside of football combined with a part-time contract seems to be higher than what a lot of full-time teams can offer.

Kevin Cawley turned down Queens to sign with us and they really do see the benefit of Rangers and Hibs being in the league. Our 2k seater stadium means we see little benefit.

Rangers yes, though we're talking an extra 2,000 people twice. It's not exactly hundreds of thousands.

I doubt Hibs brought any more to us than they did to you most likely. 1,000 the first time, about 950 the second.