Walking Down The Halbeath Road

How about worst performance of the season? I'd say the candidates are Friday's defeat to Ayr, the cup debacle in Kirkcaldy or the home defeat to the worst Falkirk side in living memory with *that* Andy Ryan miss.

You were far worse in the 4-1 game at Somerset.

The Ayr game at home was just abysmal. We had no ideas at all. We looked beat from the kickoff. Add to that our best player injuring himself and the low apathetic crowd.

Never seen such a quiet crowd after a game. Only two more home games, hope we turn up for the Falkirk game otherwise it could be a doing.

Only positive would be a complete clear out. Would like to see Davidson and Crawford as the main two but suspect Davidson will leave. It’s possible he’s behind the good defence as it coincided with him appearing?

If you look at ICT and Ayr you can achieve good results with little money. I’m utterly sick of us wasting cash every season on shitey players who can’t even make the bench. It needs to stop.

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

The Ayr game at home was just abysmal. We had no ideas at all. We looked beat from the kickoff. Add to that our best player injuring himself and the low apathetic crowd.

Never seen such a quiet crowd after a game. Only two more home games, hope we turn up for the Falkirk game otherwise it could be a doing.

Only positive would be a complete clear out. Would like to see Davidson and Crawford as the main two but suspect Davidson will leave. It’s possible he’s behind the good defence as it coincided with him appearing?

If you look at ICT and Ayr you can achieve good results with little money. I’m utterly sick of us wasting cash every season on shitey players who can’t even make the bench. It needs to stop.

If the players can't get themselves up for a Falkirk match then there really isn't much point in them putting on the shirt tbh. That being said, I saw how they played in the 0-1 defeat and this Falkirk side is much better than that one. They'll almost certainly need a result as well.

I know he'll get the gig but I'm not convinced at all by Crawford. I watched that game on Friday and the team was totally flat and I had no idea what we were even trying to do. He probably needs a summer to get his own squad together before we make any judgements I guess.

Could still see McNamara given the gig before too long.

How about worst performance of the season? I'd say the candidates are Friday's defeat to Ayr, the cup debacle in Kirkcaldy or the home defeat to the worst Falkirk side in living memory with *that* Andy Ryan miss.
The 3 you mention or either of the home scuddings that we got off Dundee Utd or Caley Thistle. Both abysmal.

50 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

What advice has McNamara given exactly? Seems and odd situation all round.

I think he was supposed to be involved in recruitment so if he had any say in Blair and/or Anderson then fair play. Any impact he could have should be seen over the summer; will he get us some gems or will we have a Falkirk-esque approach and sign a bunch of useless nobodies from down south?

22 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The 3 you mention or either of the home scuddings that we got off Dundee Utd or Caley Thistle. Both abysmal.

I was going to mention Caley but I at least could admire how clinical they were. The three I mentioned were terrible displays against pure shite.

33 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think he was supposed to be involved in recruitment so if he had any say in Blair and/or Anderson then fair play. Any impact he could have should be seen over the summer; will he get us some gems or will we have a Falkirk-esque approach and sign a bunch of useless nobodies from down south?

Got told he's also giving the board footballing advice, we don't have much experience on the board with regards to how a football team operates, we post profits but from what I got told the board were aware that they make decisions that are wrong on the footballing side, like giving AJ a 2 year contract etc. 

I don't think he's on a permanent payroll as such. 

Really I have absolutely no idea tbf. 

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Got told he's also giving the board footballing advice, we don't have much experience on the board with regards to how a football team operates, we post profits but from what I got told the board were aware that they make decisions that are wrong on the footballing side, like giving AJ a 2 year contract etc. 

I don't think he's on a permanent payroll as such. 

Really I have absolutely no idea tbf. 

Think if results take a poor turn early next season and Crawford leaves then McNamara would take caretaker charge, much in the same way Crawford did.

Perhaps I'm just being cynical.

Still signed up are:

Thomson, Devine, Hippolyte, Beadling, J Longridge, Ashcroft, Smith and have an option on Scully (as seen with Aird last sseason, said option might not be worth the paper it's writtten on)

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

I'd keep Beadling, Thomson and Scully.

The rest can beat it. Maybe Jackson L I'd keep too but f**k me.

Is Jackson Longridge your new scapegoat? You went a bit quiet on Devine.

We should definitely be keeping him. He's a good player who has had poor games because his confidence has been knackered along with the rest of the team.

Big moment in Ryan Williamson's career.  He's 23 now and he's not progressing at the rate people expected or hoped. I think his injuries have really hit his confidence quite badly and he looks so hesitant to make his trademark runs down the right. Yet, even on Friday, we looked so much more dangerous when he tried to get past his man and take on the full back.

I'd keep him but I feel he should have been on the verge of a big move by this point and he's gone backwards. I have faith that with a run of games and a bit of confidence, he can return to the player we all know he can be. I know he's not the greatest defender in the world but I don't think he should need to be if we have a strong core at the back and in midfield.

Will definitely be some big changes in the summer and some big names in the squad could and possibly should be moving on.

11 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Still signed up are:

Thomson, Devine, Hippolyte, Beadling, J Longridge, Ashcroft, Smith and have an option on Scully (as seen with Aird last sseason, said option might not be worth the paper it's writtten on)

Thomson, Beadling, J Longridgr, Ashcroft and Scully to stay hopefully. 

Would absolutely offer Craigan and Lewis Martin a contract. 

I'd genuinely consider Faissal and Andy Ryan but it's already clear they don't work as a partnership but I think when he's played more as a 10 he's been far better, Andy Ryan has a not bad goals to game ratio and I genuinely believe he'll score goals wherever he goes next. 

That'd be it though, get the rest away. 

Is Jackson Longridge your new scapegoat? You went a bit quiet on Devine.
We should definitely be keeping him. He's a good player who has had poor games because his confidence has been knackered along with the rest of the team.
That's because Devine has improved a lot recently. I'd probably punt him though.

Longridge I thought would have been so much better but he's struggled at full back all season.

32 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

That's because Devine has improved a lot recently. I'd probably punt him though.

Longridge I thought would have been so much better but he's struggled at full back all season.

He hasn't struggled all season. He's had some good games and some poor ones.

So he is your current scapegoat then?

Just now, Stellaboz said:
18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
He hasn't struggled all season. He's had some good games and some poor ones.
So he is your current scapegoat then?

Simmer down. Karl had also been horrendous, Williamson too not to mention Vincent.

Pick a scapegoat and stick with him!