Walking Down The Halbeath Road

One of the most poorly written articles I've read. The club shouldn't be letting such shit on the official site.*

https://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Dunfermline_1_FH_Hafnarfjordur_2&ID=11839

Also, f**k that game so much. A horror.

*Having just had a read through many of them they're all very poorly written and clearly not proof read.

Edited by DA Baracus

Why the f**k would we want to remember that match? Up there with the worst days of my life. One of the worst European results in Scottish history, definitely.

Just voted for my Lifeline player of the year. An easy choice of Kevin Nisbet. Ashcroft for goal of the season too.

Just voted for Aaron Comrie. Maybe harsh on Nisbet but Comrie hasn't had a poor game in my memory, absolutely consistently solid.  Goal of the season obviously Ashcroft.

Young player went to FENTON! FENTON! Simply because why the f**k not. 

Edited by Stellaboz

Hahaha absolutely wild that they'd thought putting that game up as the memorable game was a good idea. Tomorrow's going to be Anthony Stokes' hattrick game from 2006? 🤣

Voted Nisbet as POTY, Thomas vs ICT as goal of the season. Could have easily picked Ashcroft's against Ayr or Nisbet's against Dundee on another day.

Edited by Rob1885

33 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Why the f**k would we want to remember that match? Up there with the worst days of my life. One of the worst European results in Scottish history, definitely.

Just voted for my Lifeline player of the year. An easy choice of Kevin Nisbet. Ashcroft for goal of the season too.

Fucking horrendous night. Think we lost a good number of supporters that never came back that evening.

Nisbet and Ashcroft for me too. Some good goals to choose from but  Nisbet is the only choice for POTY. He brings so much more than any other player and is easily our most important player. Anyone who doesn't vote for Nisbet for POTY is some sort of ludicrously stupid mad person.

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Just voted for Aaron Comrie. Maybe harsh on Nisbet but Comrie hasn't had a poor game in my memory, absolutely consistently solid.  Goal of the season obviously Ashcroft.

Oh...

Come on, you're at it with Comrie. He's been decent in most games but that's it. He isn't anywhere near the level of Nisbet in all aspects, but most importantly, in this context, isn't anywhere near as important to the team as Nisbet is and hasn't won us games like Nisbet has. Not knocking Comrie, he's been a good signing and I've been pleased with his performances for the most part, but the reality is that it wouldn't be a massive task to replace him with someone of similar ability, whereas it will be with Nisbet.

Edited by DA Baracus

21 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Hahaha solid right back over best goalscorer we've had in years. You're at it.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You're an Arsenal fan, so it would be like choosing Ray Parlour over Thierry Henry for Arsenal POTY because Parlour was consistently solid.

Finally some fucking recognition for good ol' Ray. 

Kevin Nisbet for Poty, Lewis Martin and Ryan Dow both played well. 

Ashcroft for goal of the season. 

Ypoty makes for grim reading and really shows that our policy of bringing through young players didn't happen this season. 

On contracts, didn't FIFA and FIFPro agree that contracts would be rolled over to the next transfer window automatically? This was obviously to make sure teams still had players if they were able to resume leagues but would also apply here?

On PotY, Comrie has been consistently good and would probably deserve it had it been any of the last couple of seasons tbh. Nisbet had a great run of form before the lay off but that wasn't always the case. His most recent form will probably influence things but to be fair he's been good all season and great for a wee spell so he almost has to win. Martin had a great spell too in there and after Nisbet, Dow is our most important player. Young player is harder as there haven't been many that have played often and played well. Maybe McCann, although I'm not sure what his best position is and I'm not sure Crawford does either

18 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

On contracts, didn't FIFA and FIFPro agree that contracts would be rolled over to the next transfer window automatically? This was obviously to make sure teams still had players if they were able to resume leagues but would also apply here?

How could they do that? Doing so could bankrupt some clubs, unless FIFA will pay for this extra cost. Albion Rovers for example could in theory have next to no wage cost during the summer due to most of their contracts expiring so where are they expected to find the cash for 22 wages with no income.

How could they do that? Doing so could bankrupt some clubs, unless FIFA will pay for this extra cost. Albion Rovers for example could in theory have next to no wage cost during the summer due to most of their contracts expiring so where are they expected to find the cash for 22 wages with no income.
They'd be furloughing the staff anyway and so wouldn't be paying any wages?

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Er, no. 

As said above that makes no sense. You cant force an employer to continue employing someone and you cant force an employee to carry on working when they dont want to. 

There was some preliminary discussion about potentially moving windows and allowing mutually acceptable amendment to contract end dates but nothing was finalised and isnt really likely to be till they have some clear evidence that finishing the season for top leagues is even possible. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, 101 said:

They'd be furloughing the staff anyway and so wouldn't be paying any wages?

They probably are but its not certain, nor are FIFA or FIFPro likely to have checked. Nor is there necessarily a furlough scheme in other countries. FIFA can make things easier and amend rules etc. Its outwith their remit to make extended employment of individuals compulsory.

Going off the provision that Nisbet moves on is there any strikers you'd like to see is go for? 
Declan McManus would probably be the best shout from the lower leagues, probably. 
They were close to doing a deal to get him in January so I wouldnt be surprised to see him back and would be pleased enough.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

PotY, Comrie has been consistently good and would probably deserve it had it been any of the last couple of seasons tbh.

Anyone saying any player other than Nisbet for POTY is either at it or stunningly stupid. 

Comrie has been good but Dow is far ahead of him in the POTY nominations, let alone Nisbet.

Voting for Comrie as POTY is like voting for Doesburg over Crawford or Byrne over Brewster.