Walking Down The Halbeath Road

49 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Will never happen.

I don't think it can happen anyway. Border control is controlled by the UK government is it not?

18 minutes ago, 101 said:

Rovers and Jambos next season. Ya dancer

Hopefully!

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Let's not get carried away.

Might not happen with fans. Might not happen at all for a while.

It will happen one day, just hope the clubs are there to see it.

17 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Well I'm not sure if the authorities have seen sense during this pandemic. I'm a SNP voter; however, Sturgeon can get all serious now but where was the caution when Snake Mountain was hosting 50,000 fans to watch Newco v Bayer Pharmaceuticals, and then the next night they stopped 5,000 fans assembling at Fir Park.

And I see a certain irony of postponing lower division matches in Scotland for fear of a virus spreading through the crowd when most of the teams (especially in the bottom two leagues, and the Highland and Lowland) couldn't get people in if they paid them. It seems to me that many of these teams have been practising social distancing since around the 1950s.

But what I was referring to was the suggestion on Radio Scotland that we might not being able to go and watch football again in this country until at least September or maybe even not until 2021. Firstly, how can the predict that, and secondly if the UK and Scotland hasn't got the virus under control then we need to start assessing if the people in power politically are fit for the job.

The haven't stopped my old fella at 69 going offshore to rig where a Liverpudlian was medivac off with suspected Covid. They haven't tried to impose any temperature checks on workers going offshore. They haven't stopped somebody with Covid travelling up from Liverpool to the heliport in berdeen and possibly spreading the virus through the length and breadth of the country.They haven't closed the borders. They haven't protected the care homes better or provided health and care workers with proper PPE. But they can stop 300 people going to Stair Park for a fitba match....:unsure:

The ramblings of an angry middle aged man who doesn’t know his arse from his elbow. How exactly would you like the Scottish Government to “close the border” exactly? They don’t have the power to do it, ignoring the fact it would stop the vital supply chains from travelling between the two countries.

They can predict there won’t be fans because they are probably not going to allow hundreds or thousands of people to congregate together until there is a vaccine.

Also, the classic “haven’t protected the care homes better” How tf were they supposed to do that? There is no cure or treatment for this virus, which makes it especially dangerous for vulnerable and elderly. Early lockdown and TTI procedures would still have led to infections across care homes.

Basically, avoid just typing nonsense you know nothing about in future, especially when it’s just to moan you won’t get to watch a game of football for a while.

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

lso, the classic “haven’t protected the care homes better” How tf were they supposed to do that? There is no cure or treatment for this virus, which makes it especially dangerous for vulnerable and elderly. Early lockdown and TTI procedures would still have led to infections across care homes.

I have to disagree with this. 

Early lockdown of care homes (including stopping all visitors), as well as ensuring all care home staff had access to appropriate PPE, would have significantly reduced the deaths.  How else do you think the virus entered these places, but via visitors and staff interacting with residents?

The govt was obsessed with "protecting the NHS", so care homes were left to fend for themselves.   

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The ramblings of an angry middle aged man who doesn’t know his arse from his elbow. How exactly would you like the Scottish Government to “close the border” exactly? They don’t have the power to do it, ignoring the fact it would stop the vital supply chains from travelling between the two countries.

They can predict there won’t be fans because they are probably not going to allow hundreds or thousands of people to congregate together until there is a vaccine.

Also, the classic “haven’t protected the care homes better” How tf were they supposed to do that? There is no cure or treatment for this virus, which makes it especially dangerous for vulnerable and elderly. Early lockdown and TTI procedures would still have led to infections across care homes.

Basically, avoid just typing nonsense you know nothing about in future, especially when it’s just to moan you won’t get to watch a game of football for a while.

"They're not going to allow hundreds or thousands of people to congregate together (people normally do congregate together, that's the idea of congregating) until there is a vaccine"....But they already have when they allowed 50,000 to gather in Govan for a European tie. That was on March 12th. The virus was already being transmitted for over two months by that stage.

So you think when over 50% of deaths, we are told, from covid in Scotland have taken place within care homes then something isn't flawed in the system somewhere? We've witnessed countries, South Korea and Germany for instance, handle the effects of the same virus without having their vulnerable elders being wiped out. This Mickey Mouse Scottish Government, in cahoots with their London superiors and the BBC, was the same lot that last week was asking us to consider where we wanted to die! Don't come to the NHS and die because our system wasn't designed to treat the sick.

I never mentioned anything about "closing the border". I said "closing the borders". Which  meant the state borders not the devolved one. Only now do we hear that they've (at the national UK level) decided  to quarantine visitors to the country. Six weeks into the lockdown! But Nicola didn't bother raising this with Westminister. As long as we don't go outside everything will be fine. What kind of policy is that alone!

Basically, you, Poet of the SNP, stop giving advice telling people to shut up in, firstly a democracy, and secondly on a forum. If you don't like what I'm saying then ignore me but I'm entitled to air my opinion. They've shut down our freedom to roam but they haven't stopped our freedom of speech...yet

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

"They're not going to allow hundreds or thousands of people to congregate together (people normally do congregate together, that's the idea of congregating) until there is a vaccine"....But they already have when they allowed 50,000 to gather in Govan for a European tie. That was on March 12th. The virus was already being transmitted for over two months by that stage.

So you think when over 50% of deaths, we are told, from covid in Scotland have taken place within care homes then something isn't flawed in the system somewhere? We've witnessed countries, South Korea and Germany for instance, handle the effects of the same virus without having their vulnerable elders being wiped out. This Mickey Mouse Scottish Government, in cahoots with their London superiors and the BBC, was the same lot that last week was asking us to consider where we wanted to die! Don't come to the NHS and die because our system wasn't designed to treat the sick.

I never mentioned anything about "closing the border". I said "closing the borders". Which  meant the state borders not the devolved one. Only now do we hear that they've (at the national UK level) decided  to quarantine visitors to the country. Six weeks into the lockdown! But Nicola didn't bother raising this with Westminister. As long as we don't go outside everything will be fine. What kind of policy is that alone!

Basically, you, Poet of the SNP, stop giving advice telling people to shut up in, firstly a democracy, and secondly on a forum. If you don't like what I'm saying then ignore me but I'm entitled to air my opinion. They've shut down our freedom to roam but they haven't stopped our freedom of speech...yet

“Stop telling me your opinion!.....freedom of speechhhhhhhh”

9816DE03-C968-43E0-9817-DC26032CB499.gif

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Ahem, can I refer the honourable gentleman to the very sage advice given to me earlier in this thread by DAFC. ?

On 07/05/2020 at 22:39, DAFC. said:

Best ignoring people like that. Just trying to get a reaction.

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

This is quite the dog's dick of a post.

It appears that Nicola Sturgeon has you in furious tears because she, along with many others, don't fancy being cowardly lickspittles for the UK.

Anyway, haven't you got some boots to lick?