Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

They'd have been in the Cresta bar, the Abbeyview or the Trondhiem. 

Aye, allot of the humour was the actors forcibly dropping in a buisness from the 90s that has shut down, which everytime got a loud laugh and allot of knee slapping. Despite that I was still utterly baffled by the East Port buisness. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

I had intended to go, but a few of my mates attended and were less than complimentary. I think taking it at face value was the right approach probably. 

1 hour ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Critique of 'Walking down the Halbeath Road', picked up off Pusbook. 

Oh dear. 

Screenshot_20230303_211205_com.facebook.katana-01.jpeg

Pretty much what everybody was told before hand.  It was never going to be a play exclusively about football and that season. If folk read about what they were going to watch, then they might not have been quite so disappointed.

Edited by Chubbychops

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
2 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Pretty much what everybody was told before hand.  It was never going to be a play exclusively about football and that season. If folk read about what they were going to watch, then they might not have been quite so disappointed.

That's fair enough. I was going, but changed my mind for that very reason after reading about it and speaking to a few mates who were there. 

I enjoyed it tonight, certainly could tell the experienced actors apart. Certainly more about Dunfermline as a hook than the football club but I thought interms of amateur dramatics or low budget plays it held its own, it was certainly better than the last play is saw at the Lyceum in Edinburgh which should be a fairly high bar.

52 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I get where you're coming from, but the with the way it's been marketed you can't be surprised at people being dissapointed? Screenshot_20230303_233223_Facebook.thumb.jpg.d6f5e10f2f509c4be5ae327acbe71ca4.jpg

"The first ever Pars play", I don't think it's surprising that something advertised as that, on the clubs official channels, has got people buying tickets expecting it to be about Dunfermline. Having watched it I'm baffled as to why we've got so involved with it. 

20 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

the with the way it's been marketed you can't be surprised at people being dissapointed? 

Yeah. The marketing is misleading. 

I'm a bit of a cynic and tend to read into things before doing it, so probably commenting from a different angle.

I was impressed by the acting in all honesty.  My wife dragged me into watching theatre stuff 20 years ago, so I was comparing it to more high profile stuff that's nothing to do with football and thought the cast were of a relatively good acting standard.

I did come away with some negative comments afterwards. I thought the chubby boy's accent was way off. It was like somebody doing a bad piss take impersonation of a Fife accent.

It was something a bit different and has split opinion as different things normally do.

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I get where you're coming from, but the with the way it's been marketed you can't be surprised at people being dissapointed? Screenshot_20230303_233223_Facebook.thumb.jpg.d6f5e10f2f509c4be5ae327acbe71ca4.jpg

"The first ever Pars play", I don't think it's surprising that something advertised as that, on the clubs official channels, has got people buying tickets expecting it to be about Dunfermline. Having watched it I'm baffled as to why we've got so involved with it. 

Aye, they even posted a clip of rehearsals on Facebook and I think Twitter which was basically four old guys sitting round a table rattling off the names of some of their favorite players from the 60s. Fair enough that folk would expect it to be more heavy on the Pars content.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Any news on Comrie, Edwards and Todorov?

In the managers postmatch he said Comrie has a cut, which sounds pretty bad. Edwards has an ankle knock but is training today and Tordorov has the flu.

Would hope one or both of Edwards and Tordorov are fit enough for the bench on Tuesday.

Benedictus League 1 player of the month for February. In my opinion, it was his worst month of the season. But that’s possibly more because he had been outstanding for the first 20 games or so. Didn’t look his usual self for most of the month - but was back to his best on Saturday. Possibly just someone looking at the fact he’s probably been our player of the year and will be in the running for league’s player of the year, but hasn’t got any awards yet?

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Happy to see him get it but could have been one of many of our squad. 

For the month of February, I’d have gone for someone like Matty Todd if they wanted a Pars player. Benedictus wasn’t bad. It was just his worst month for us, so far. February included the defensive horror show at Airdrie (ensuring it was our worst month defensively, as a team) and David Hutton saving his penalty at East End. However, his form over the last 26 games as a whole deserves recognition.

Need those lads to give us some sort of atmosphere because as is normally the case the away fans will be making the most noise. Didnt hear a peep out of their lot at Grangemouth. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
10 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Need those lads to give us some sort of atmosphere because as is normally the case the away fans will be making the most noise. Didnt hear a peep out of their lot at Grangemouth. 

There will be a huge noise tomorrow no doubt. Norries now sold out, 100 tickets left for the Main Stand. COYP

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
3 minutes ago, 101 said:

The end section of the NW has been open, if that sells out that will be all the normally available tickets sold.

Are you talking about Section L?