Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

All we need to do is give him a token offer on the exact same money he's on now for us to be entitled to compensation. It'd be madness for us not to do that.

You can do that,  which then leaves us a few options,  A. pay the full comp-which I wouldn’t agree with B.  open negotiations around paying lower comp otherwise we don’t do the deal or C. pull out of a contract offer and go to you looking for a loan,   Options B  and C would be ok for me.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

You can do that,  which then leaves us a few options,  A. pay the full comp-which I wouldn’t agree with B.  open negotiations around paying lower comp otherwise we don’t do the deal or C. pull out of a contract offer and go to you looking for a loan,   Options B  and C would be ok for me.

I'm sure we'd be open to negotiations but any fee would be too much for me if it was the other way about. 

42 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Main stand loyal and I don’t mind in the slightest, the connection between the players and section NW is special and I enjoy watching it from afar, I’m not particularly bothered by a player celebrating near me and I think if I was I’d sit elsewhere.

Ah fair enough!

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

All we need to do is give him a token offer on the exact same money he's on now for us to be entitled to compensation. It'd be madness for us not to do that.

Agreed. But it would also be poor form to put the brakes on a young lad's career by demanding too high a compensation figure when you weren't that arsed about keeping him in the first place. I wouldn't want us to do that if the shoe was on the other foot so  I'd like to think a deal can be done.

Just now, par-adise said:

Agreed. But it would also be poor form to put the brakes on a young lad's career by demanding too high a compensation figure when you weren't that arsed about keeping him in the first place. I wouldn't want us to do that if the shoe was on the other foot so  I'd like to think a deal can be done.

It's a business, not a charity. If we can get money for him, we absolutely will maximise that as would your club.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's a business, not a charity. If we can get money for him, we absolutely will maximise that as would your club.

What’s the craic with Shaun Byrne mate? See he’s not featured much but aware he might have had an injury etc?

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

What’s the craic with Shaun Byrne mate? See he’s not featured much but aware he might have had an injury etc?

He's got another year on his deal, but Bowyer isn't a fan. Tried to offload him last summer, but Byrne was reluctant to leave. Suggestion being that due to family reasons he doesn't really want to travel.

Dunfermline could be a shout. If Bowyer is our manager next season, I can't see us putting up an ounce of fight if you want him.

Did someone say KRH's contract was up at Rangers? 

Would be class if someone could explain to him that starting his career now, with us, and not waiting to be punted by Rangers in a few years might be a good idea. 

Agree about the pitch invasion. It's not so much the Main Stand guys I feel sorry for, its section A in the Norrie (above the tunnel) which is the family section. Not the first time the players have been doing a lap of honour or parading a trophy and the North West guys have had to have their "me, me, me" moment while the young kids are standing by the tunnel and don't get to see the players or the cup. Said the last time (at least it might have been 2016, it may have been 2011) that they should do Main Stand, Norrie then North West so the kids get their wee moment but see why the players etc. would go to the North Stand first.

On Fisher, I'd imagine Dundee won't be standing in his way and it wouldn't surprise me if either they release him and waive their development fee or we buy him for a token amount the week before his contract expires. 

19 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Because almost all the fans were in a U shape from just past half way go just past half way and putting it there meant everyone could see presumably. Much better than what I thought they'd do, which is have it facing the main stand whereby a lot of folk in the North stand in particular wouldn't have seen anything. 

Same as last time. 

IMG_20160430_171422.jpg

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

20230501_105534.jpg

That's absolutely gorgeous! I've said it a good ten or so times on here this season but I now have shares in humble pie. I said we would win nothing with a midfireld of Todd and Chalmers and I was so wrong, Matty has went from being a local lad, neat footballer but more of a squad player who was being played out of position to becoming a bit of a star for the club.

McPake must absolutely love him, if you remember last May after we were relegated and McPake came in he was in the club meeting staff before pre-season and Matty was doing laps of the pitch with the sports scientist. McPake went out to speak to him and basically was like what are you doing, are you mad 🤣. What a role model for young Pars fans, same with Chris Hamilton.

On separate news, hopefully we'll here something about who's re-signing and who's not this week. I'm hopeful that the guys out of contract re-sign but will also miss the loanees, it's been a great group this year. Daily Record ran a report last week that Rhys Breen was about to sign, I reckon Comrie will definitely sign. I don't know why but I have a feeling Deniz is on a packet and may go elsewhere, I'm sure he'll have suitors after this season. That leaves MacDonald who I'm unsure about, McGowan who I think could be useful if he fancies another season, get him pre-season and see what happens, his ability is still really good but just doesn't have the legs. I have a feeling he's going to re-sign O'Hara and not re-sign Todorov. I'd be shocked if both are with us next season, less shocked if none are with us next season and could easily see us keeping one of the two but who is the big question. I'd personally keep Todorov, offers something different to O'Hara, I think you can get plenty O'Hara types but not always a Todorov.

Would anyone be interested in any of the loan players? Obviously KRH is the dream. Mochrie had such a good start but dropped in and out of the team and since we beat Falkirk in March he's featured mainly from the bench so don't think we'll try to get him again. Otoo is a funny one, can look genuinely rubbish one minute but can also do something great the next. I personally don't think he's ready to play regularly in the Championship and would play behind Bene, Breen, Fisher, Murray (if they sign). He looks more like a left back, could come in as a challenge to Edwards. Mahon genuinely impresses me whenever I've seen him play, has lovely touches but still a bit raw, unsure if he's ready for Championship football however.

5 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

That's absolutely gorgeous! I've said it a good ten or so times on here this season but I now have shares in humble pie. I said we would win nothing with a midfireld of Todd and Chalmers and I was so wrong, Matty has went from being a local lad, neat footballer but more of a squad player who was being played out of position to becoming a bit of a star for the club.

McPake must absolutely love him, if you remember last May after we were relegated and McPake came in he was in the club meeting staff before pre-season and Matty was doing laps of the pitch with the sports scientist. McPake went out to speak to him and basically was like what are you doing, are you mad 🤣. What a role model for young Pars fans, same with Chris Hamilton.

On separate news, hopefully we'll here something about who's re-signing and who's not this week. I'm hopeful that the guys out of contract re-sign but will also miss the loanees, it's been a great group this year. Daily Record ran a report last week that Rhys Breen was about to sign, I reckon Comrie will definitely sign. I don't know why but I have a feeling Deniz is on a packet and may go elsewhere, I'm sure he'll have suitors after this season. That leaves MacDonald who I'm unsure about, McGowan who I think could be useful if he fancies another season, get him pre-season and see what happens, his ability is still really good but just doesn't have the legs. I have a feeling he's going to re-sign O'Hara and not re-sign Todorov. I'd be shocked if both are with us next season, less shocked if none are with us next season and could easily see us keeping one of the two but who is the big question. I'd personally keep Todorov, offers something different to O'Hara, I think you can get plenty O'Hara types but not always a Todorov.

Would anyone be interested in any of the loan players? Obviously KRH is the dream. Mochrie had such a good start but dropped in and out of the team and since we beat Falkirk in March he's featured mainly from the bench so don't think we'll try to get him again. Otoo is a funny one, can look genuinely rubbish one minute but can also do something great the next. I personally don't think he's ready to play regularly in the Championship and would play behind Bene, Breen, Fisher, Murray (if they sign). He looks more like a left back, could come in as a challenge to Edwards. Mahon genuinely impresses me whenever I've seen him play, has lovely touches but still a bit raw, unsure if he's ready for Championship football however.

Aye, I think I've said elsewhere that Mahon has shown some nice flashes whenever he's played and come up with a few assists. Seems to always be on the move and works hard going back (which to he fair Mochrie has added to his game recently too; presumably that's something that the management team demand). Think there's a player in there but at what level he's at I don't know. 

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye, I think I've said elsewhere that Mahon has shown some nice flashes whenever he's played and come up with a few assists. Seems to always be on the move and works hard going back (which to he fair Mochrie has added to his game recently too; presumably that's something that the management team demand). Think there's a player in there but at what level he's at I don't know. 

Aye that's right actually, Mochrie has been adding the old tracky backy to his game. He's actually rapid with the ball at his feet but we're so used to seeing him through the middle where it's a bit more congested.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Suspect you’re right about Mehmet, but if what I have heard about a replacement is right, then we’ll be fine.

O’hara, todorov and McDonald will all be away I think. I’d keep todorov and McDonald personally but reckon they’ll both want more first team action, McDonald is a good versatile player and can beat a man no problem. On the loan players, I’d only really keep KRH and otoo but if we can’t get them, they’ll be others out there. Genuinely believe if we get the right signings in there’s no reason why we can’t challenge next season