Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Someone I know has just posted photos from today on Facebook. Sam Fisher pitch side with the Pars tracky on again, would have thought he might have been in the crowd since Dundee played last night but the photos looks like he’s actually with the squad/players.

Some season for the lad, two winners medals!

24 clean sheets and 1 loss all season. Fucking unreal record. 

McPake has been such a revelation for our club. Just shows with a good manager can get the most out of players. 

We topped the ‘home’ league table and the ‘away’ league table. Had the best defence in the league by 18 goals, best GD in the league by 11 goals. We won more games than anyone else. The gap from 1st to 2nd was bigger than the gap from 2nd to 5th.

We also used the lowest number of players in the league (21). Airdrie were second lowest with 26. Peterhead apparently used 40 different players over the course of the league campaign!

I think the club records we’ve set are:

- most clean sheets in a league season (21)
- fewest goals conceded in a league season (21)
- fewest goals conceded at home (10) and away from home (11) in a league season
- most points in a league season (81)
- most consecutive league games unbeaten (24 and counting)

Also our first season unbeaten at home in all comps in 90 years.

Probably missed a few milestones/achievements.

I don’t know about you guys, but I think McPake’s first season has been alright?

16 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

We topped the ‘home’ league table and the ‘away’ league table. Had the best defence in the league by 18 goals, best GD in the league by 11 goals. We won more games than anyone else. The gap from 1st to 2nd was bigger than the gap from 2nd to 5th.

We also used the lowest number of players in the league (21). Airdrie were second lowest with 26. Peterhead apparently used 40 different players over the course of the league campaign!

I think the club records we’ve set are:

- most clean sheets in a league season (21)
- fewest goals conceded in a league season (21)
- fewest goals conceded at home (10) and away from home (11) in a league season
- most points in a league season (81)
- most consecutive league games unbeaten (24 and counting)

Also our first season unbeaten at home in all comps in 90 years.

Probably missed a few milestones/achievements.

I don’t know about you guys, but I think McPake’s first season has been alright?

Corner stats more important IMO.

A great season for sure that definitely surpassed my expectations. Let’s not get too carried away however, we gained 2 more points than cove managed last year and they’ve just finished rock bottom of the championship. Gotta keep improving the team

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

That’s in all comps, only 21 in the league. Still a ridiculous number for a 36 game season.

Wighton getting 16 league goals is actually really decent, given he wasn’t fit at the start of the season. We haven’t blown teams away, but we have comfortably been the best team in the league.

He was also played out of position for a while at the start! Some lad, big fan!

31 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Screenshot_20230506-190743.png

Ach wish him all the best, I had a really negative opinion of him due to the Shiels incident hut the way he faced up to that showed some amount of maturity. Wish him all the best wherever he goes. 

9 hours ago, 101 said:

If we let 6 go, I'd be happy enough with 3 loans and 3 signings, if Mehmet is away the keeper has to be a Dunfermline player and not a loan 

I don’t mean sound like a smart arse, but why? I don’t see an issue with the ‘keeper being on loan. 

Aye, good luck to O’Hara. It’s no secret that he and his family are Falkirk fans, and the Shiels incident made it an ‘interesting’ signing, but you can’t doubt his effort with us. He showed a lot of maturity when signing and for that he get a lot of credit. Just hope I don’t have to hate him anytime soon!

Think that is the best decision for both parties. We need better options in the forwards area and whilst O'Hara is a decent player,  we need a more reliable goalscorer for the step up to the Championship. 

Would expect Todorov to also be on his way out, so we're looking at two new strikers in the summer to compete with Wighton & McCann next season.

11 minutes ago, smpar said:

Aye, good luck to O’Hara. It’s no secret that he and his family are Falkirk fans, and the Shiels incident made it an ‘interesting’ signing, but you can’t doubt his effort with us. He showed a lot of maturity when signing and for that he get a lot of credit. Just hope I don’t have to hate him anytime soon!

I always thought he was a Celtic fan. Sure there used to be photos of him at Celtic Park on Instagram, just checked and can’t see them now but sure there was at at a time, regardless of who he supports I got the impression he was a Pars fan when he played. Can’t fault his effort but definitely didn’t hit the net as much as I thought he would across the three years.

Looking back to when he signed, I remember when Nisbet went and the courier went with a story saying we’d bring in three in one day as a result, McManus which was a bit of excitement following his previous spell with us and season prior had done well with Falkirk, Thomas who’d been class on loan then O’Hara, genuinely the last person I thought we’d sign, but he was mature, he spoke about the incident in his first interview and it’s done. Suppose we did also sign Myles Hippolyte and he came with Falkirk/Dunfermline baggage and that penalty incident. 

1 hour ago, smpar said:

I don’t mean sound like a smart arse, but why? I don’t see an issue with the ‘keeper being on loan. 

My concern with a on loan keeper is building that partnership, Edwards plus presumably Fisher and one other CB will be here for the medium/long term, I would much rather have a solid keeper here also on a permanent deal otherwise if we have a loan keeper in and have a successful season next year they will be away possibly in the January or that season, in the way Fisher was away this year.

Just my personal preference, Scully did fine for us on loan at the lower level, Jakub last year was also fine but was decent so was naturally away this year.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

Todorov confirming he’s away. I’m not ready for this😭

Poor boy was greeting on the pitch today, felt for the big man hope he can be the number one at his next club and enjoy his football again, provided it's not Raith.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Poor boy was greeting on the pitch today

That has absolutely broken me, why did you have to tell us that??