Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, Wacky said:

5 back?  I’m positively engorged by this 

https://dafc.co.uk/benefits-from-international-break/ 

Last paragraph ends with:

”The positive news for the next game is that in addition to those who played against Partick Thistle, the manager is likely to have Deniz Mehmet, Kyle Benedictus, Rhys Breen, Paul Allan and Ben Summers all available to him. ”

21 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

One bad performance/result and suddenly “no one is safe”

Michty me.

17 hours ago, Wacky said:

Now, this is harsh. 
And, the injury crisis has clearly passed you by. Players will be feeling the pressure of having to look after themselves with the injury list we have. 
Before anyone says, I’m not suggesting they are trying any less. 

Did any of you go to Firhill? Not one of the players would have got pass marks, not even close. If I'm McPake and I'm going into the game in a weeks time with the chance to put someone with more physicality and energy in the middle of the park them I'm doing it. Our midfielders looked like they hadn't played football before and when they did get the ball it was like they were playing pinball. 

The injury crisis didn't pass me by, I'm well aware of it, but look at the different between the QP game and the Thistle game. Night and day, and that's not down to Ben Summers missing.

12 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Summers was immense against Morton but unavailable for Firhill. You're welcome 

One player missing shouldn't mean 11 don't turn up and get battered.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

Did any of you go to Firhill? Not one of the players would have got pass marks, not even close. If I'm McPake and I'm going into the game in a weeks time with the chance to put someone with more physicality and energy in the middle of the park them I'm doing it. Our midfielders looked like they hadn't played football before and when they did get the ball it was like they were playing pinball. 

One bad performance doesn’t make them bad players, or us a bad team. I don’t think anyone’s trying to say that the performance at Firhill was decent, or even acceptable. But all of our players have performed well in other games this season, so why judge them off one game and ignore the rest? Also not convinced Otoo adds more energy than Hamilton, but I definitely agree that he adds more physicality and I like his ability to drive the team forward with the ball at his feet.

For what it’s worth, I would actually agree that I like the midfield with Otoo in there and it probably is more balanced. But I’d also be happy with Hamilton and Chalmers if the manager wants/needs to play Otoo in defence.

We had an off day and need to put that behind us. It was poor and the manager and players will definitely know that. These things happen though and I really don’t get why you’re still going on about it 2 weeks later, as if it’s been going on for months.

50 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

The injury crisis didn't pass me by, I'm well aware of it, but look at the different between the QP game and the Thistle game. Night and day, and that's not down to Ben Summers missing.

We didn't have one player missing though, we had 7/8? And eventually that makes a difference. 

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

All I can say is I’m delighted you aren’t in charge of the team if this is how OTT you go after one defeat.

We are going to have off days, we are going to lose games. I’m sure the Thistle performance was extremely poor but that doesn’t mean you just discount all the good performances that have gone before.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

https://dafc.co.uk/benefits-from-international-break/ 

Last paragraph ends with:

”The positive news for the next game is that in addition to those who played against Partick Thistle, the manager is likely to have Deniz Mehmet, Kyle Benedictus, Rhys Breen, Paul Allan and Ben Summers all available to him. ”

Cheers neebur 

Christ all I did was point out that our MOM against Morton didn't make the Thistle game. That's all. You still seem angry about that game but I was over it almost instantly. We have a small squad that has been utterly decimated by injuries to key personnel all over the park. It's always going to manifest into at least one shitty performance. I'm pretty certain it won't be repeated, especially with the news that a fair few will be in contention for the next game.

Oh and FWIW we didn't get "battered" - we were well in contention at HT, the most disappointing thing about that whole game was the manner & timing of the 2nd goal. That killed the game instantly & our reaction was to losing it was really poor.

Edited by da_no_1

Did any of you go to Firhill? Not one of the players would have got pass marks, not even close

Sadly I wasn’t at that game (I don’t miss many) I drew my conclusions from a cross section of fan reports on here and other forums, and the highlight package 
We’ve all had days at work where we under performed, and football players are no different. Let’s not start getting too downbeat now, not when we’re on the brink of getting many players back into the fold. 

The thing I took away most from the thistle game, was how we were completely unable to make ANY changes from the bench.  In my opinion this is where McPake (and The rest of the back room team) is at his best, changing the game via the bench and switches.  So many injuries meant there was no one on the bench, and while v QP plan A worked perfectly, v Thistle it didn’t, and we couldn’t change it, hence the result.  

17 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Summers was immense against Morton but unavailable for Firhill. You're welcome 

Ah so if he played at Firhill we would have won despite 8 or 9 players having stinkers. Sound.

Enjoyed tonight, Rowe was my player of the match, the second goal was a brilliant mazy run before slotting home. 

Our keeper was excellent as well, he is still small but if he was brave, had good positioning and saved 2 penalties. 

On to the next round.

John Tod looks very much like his old man.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Enjoyed tonight, Rowe was my player of the match, the second goal was a brilliant mazy run before slotting home. 

Our keeper was excellent as well, he is still small but if he was brave, had good positioning and saved 2 penalties. 

On to the next round.

John Tod looks very much like his old man.

Grandson of god mk2 has certainly taken on alot more of son of god's physicality than mk1.  

Keeper looked on the small side which will make life more difficult for him but apparently only 15 so he's got another growth spurt in there hopefully,  did everything else right mostly apart from maybe one indecision first half about if he should come for a cross or not and he ended up off balance before recovering and saving the shot from his loose clearance.   Smaller crowd or not I always love when you can hear the keeper communicating from the stands,  shows great authority. 

We played the ball about well, what we conceded in physicality we made up in that.

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Grandson of god mk2 has certainly taken on alot more of son of god's physicality than mk1.  

Keeper looked on the small side which will make life more difficult for him but apparently only 15 so he's got another growth spurt in there hopefully,  did everything else right mostly apart from maybe one indecision first half about if he should come for a cross or not and he ended up off balance before recovering and saving the shot from his loose clearance.   Smaller crowd or not I always love when you can hear the keeper communicating from the stands,  shows great authority. 

We played the ball about well, what we conceded in physicality we made up in that.

Aye 15 he has plenty time to develop.

Hopefully Shields has him on the growth promoters and weighted hangs from the crossbar.

I thought the crowd was decent and legends was pretty busy pre match