Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I’m heading to the Carnegie hall tonight to see/hear big Leishmans patter? 
leish, the bunnit, and someone else who I can’t remember right now are doing some sort of comedy show. 
I’m looking forward to it, coz I’ve spent time in both Leish and Dicks company a few times, weddings, parties etc, and know they can both hold an audience. I hope they are on form tonight. 
Anyone else going? 

Campbell can sing the sash and no surrender to you all. He likes that.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Rennie Suite going to be open to 110 Season Ticket holders for the Morton game on BBC - paid bar from 5:30, complimentary pies and sausage rolls at half time.

Don't know if they have changed it but it's now going to be the the Purvis Suit. Seems a good idea.

3 hours ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Campbell can sing the sash and no surrender to you all. He likes that.

Well, he didn’t. His stories very funny, Leish was just the usual funny Leish, but IMO John Gahagan stole the show. He was extremely funny and had us all in stitches. 
had a great night and a good laugh 

16 hours ago, Wacky said:

Well, he didn’t. His stories very funny, Leish was just the usual funny Leish, but IMO John Gahagan stole the show. He was extremely funny and had us all in stitches. 
had a great night and a good laugh 

I went to the night hosted by DC this time last year and really enjoyed it, glad you had a good time

We scored far fewer goals than Airdrie and Falkirk last year too. It nothing new with the lack of goals. It's ridiculous that this wasn't prioritised in the summer. 

I think we have some really good young players on long term deals but the experience that's guiding them are just not good enough. Wighton and Chalmers are struggling like they did in the relegation season. They are both good footballers when given time and space but they don't get that in this division.

O'Halloran is not adding anything. Unfortunately these guys are tied up on two year deals. 

Another issue is the paper thin depth of squad whilst gaining injuries every week. The back three seems to be makeshift every week. We play 3 at the back but only have three centre halves. When you consider that Breen is injured or unfit pretty much all the time, it's incredible we have no real cover. Relying on midget rightbacks and central midfielders as cover.

This team has some great potential but the lack of experienced championship quality players to help them is killing us.

10 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

It's ridiculous that this wasn't prioritised in the summer. 

O'Halloran, Moffat, Jakubiak and KRH are all attacking players who were signed.

Don't know which other players were targeted but perhaps they did try and missed out?

However the lack of goals is a concern. Many times last year I was frustrated at how many chances we missed.

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

O'Halloran, Moffat, Jakubiak and KRH are all attacking players who were signed.

Only Jakubiak out that lot is a striker and couldn't hit a barn door. I'm not talking about attacking midfielders and wingers, Im talking about guys who put the ball in the net.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Confidence must be rock bottom. Haven’t got a striker that can score goals for sure. 

Paton would have been a better fit I feel. But if Queens Park want to chuck daft money about I would rather we didn't join them in doing so.

Still would have fancied GMS joining us but considering he's still without a club and Killie have no interest in signing him then maybe his wages are out of the question.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Paton would have been a better fit I feel. But if Queens Park want to chuck daft money about I would rather we didn't join them in doing so.

Still would have fancied GMS joining us but considering he's still without a club and Killie have no interest in signing him then maybe his wages are out of the question.

I think he would have thrived in this team, but Queens, like Rovers, are chucking money at their squad. 

Can’t say I am overly bothered about losing to the Wee Team. More worries about the fact we haven’t scored a goal and lost three games on the bounce. It’s a confidence thing. Add that to the injuries and it must take its tole on the squad as a whole. Mad to say, but I think we really need Todd back for that midfield anchor that can take the game by the scruff of its neck when it isn’t going our way. 

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Some pressure on Todd and KRH when they're back. 

Matty, Kane, and the rest of our broken players were sitting just down from us during the game. 
At half time there was a stream of kids, and a few adults getting photos taken with them. I’m pleased to say the players were happy to do so, they engaged with the fans and signed autographs. 
I don’t know if they read P&B, but they should be proud of themselves for taking the time to do it, and making that a very memorable day for the young fans. 
if any of the players read this, then well done guys. 

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Some pressure on Todd and KRH when they're back. 

10 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Which they'll gladly thrive upon

Those guys will be more than a handful in this league, and without a doubt will make the difference in the second half of the season. With Bene back to full fitness too, we’ll stay at the right end of the table.