Walking Down The Halbeath Road

28 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Am I the only one that's concerned about rushing them back?

Do you think they are returning too soon? I’m sure the management, physio etc, have deemed them ready to be eased back into the team 

Bene had a broken foot previously.

If the foot has healed and he's been in training for a few weeks,  then his current injury will be unrelated to coming back too quickly from the first injury.

Just seems like really shyte luck this season. To compound that, it's generally our key players that have been out for the long term.

If we can ease the injuries I think we will be fine.

Also think we need to bring in a centre back in January. We play with three at the back and have only three natural centre backs. We are shuffling folk around the back line every week. Also think the drop off in organisation when Bene is out is too drastic. We need a more experienced guy in who can fill Bene's shoes when he's out.  

8 hours ago, Wacky said:

Do you think they are returning too soon? I’m sure the management, physio etc, have deemed them ready to be eased back into the team 

I just feel concerned that they've not played any reserve minutes and that they might need to be gradually introduced rather than risked for what is now a very important game. 

We also have terrible luck. Indeed KRH suffered a set back already.  

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I just feel concerned that they've not played any reserve minutes and that they might need to be gradually introduced rather than risked for what is now a very important game. 

We also have terrible luck. Indeed KRH suffered a set back already.  

I’m sure they’ll only get a wee cameo if they get on at all.
Just knowing they are considered fit enough for the bench has lifted my spirits, and I’m sure it’s the same for all Pars fans. 
We know once the guys are fully match fit that McPake will then have options on the bench to change things. IMO, we still need a striker. We can beat teams like raith all over the park, but it’s meaningless if we still can’t put the ball in the net. 

11 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Bene had a broken foot previously.

If the foot has healed and he's been in training for a few weeks,  then his current injury will be unrelated to coming back too quickly from the first injury.

Just seems like really shyte luck this season. To compound that, it's generally our key players that have been out for the long term.

If we can ease the injuries I think we will be fine.

Also think we need to bring in a centre back in January. We play with three at the back and have only three natural centre backs. We are shuffling folk around the back line every week. Also think the drop off in organisation when Bene is out is too drastic. We need a more experienced guy in who can fill Bene's shoes when he's out.  

Completely disagree. Initial injury might be healed, doesn't mean he's ready to come back and start a first team game if the required training hasn't been done. Brought back too early = far more likely to incur a separate injury

11 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Completely disagree. Initial injury might be healed, doesn't mean he's ready to come back and start a first team game if the required training hasn't been done. Brought back too early = far more likely to incur a separate injury

Not being a dick but are you a physio or sports scientist or have any knowledge about either of these 2 occupations?

Or do you play 7s twice a week?

10 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I don't think the medical staff and management team are that daft that they would play a player who's not physically ready to play a match. It too simplistic to say folk are being brough back too early just because they pick up another injury on their return. 

I think it just rotten luck we are getting with injuries right now.

8 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Not being a dick but are you a physio or sports scientist or have any knowledge about either of these 2 occupations?

Or do you play 7s twice a week?

Hahaha shut your puss man

11 hours ago, Wacky said:

I’m sure they’ll only get a wee cameo if they get on at all.
Just knowing they are considered fit enough for the bench has lifted my spirits, and I’m sure it’s the same for all Pars fans. 
We know once the guys are fully match fit that McPake will then have options on the bench to change things. IMO, we still need a striker. We can beat teams like raith all over the park, but it’s meaningless if we still can’t put the ball in the net. 

Rovers had 7 players out injured. Your not the only team with injuries.

1 hour ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Rovers had 7 players out injured. Your not the only team with injuries.

I never said we were.
I don’t give one single f**k about rovers, or any other team’s injuries. You can only play against whatever team is in front of you, and if they have injuries then so what. 

22 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Is Cappielow still in the potato production business?

I dont think a wintery night game at The Somme is the time to bring the Young Princes back. 

The pitch at Cappielow has definitely improved in recent seasons, although two games in 72 hours, with a lot of rain in between, might mean it's not at its best.