Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, Coypars said:

Miller Fenton on the bench most games but never used,and with so many injuries I'm surprised he's not had any game time.

He’s not very good tbf, and the guy he’s most likely to step in for is Edwards who thankfully has avoided injury.

At the game on Tuesday I got chatting to guy behind me who was mentioning Cardle training  with the Pars and how well he was doing.Said McPake had said to him if we had money we would offer you a deal.Cardles reply I will play for nothing.

If its true I don't know why it hasn't happened. 

11 minutes ago, Coypars said:

At the game on Tuesday I got chatting to guy behind me who was mentioning Cardle training  with the Pars and how well he was doing.Said McPake had said to him if we had money we would offer you a deal.Cardles reply I will play for nothing.

Sounds like made up nonsense to me.

Just noticed as well as the managers pre match interview there’s also an interview talking about other players, including the loanees. McPake is hoping Sharp, Summers and Moffat are all with us until the end of the season. Suppose that puts any recall for Sharp to bed.

When reading that I could only think we are keeping sharp on to smooth over a permanent deal in the summer for him to be no 2, but he’s contracted until 2025 with Dundee.  We are gaining very little keeping him around, completely mental move from us to spend money on an unnecessary 3rd keeper when we are struggling in almost every other area.

3 hours ago, Coypars said:

IMG_2398.jpeg

13 hours ago, anonionanawnoo said:

First and hopefully last post on P and B but wanted to add a little more detail to hopefully improve things for future matches.

My wife, neice and myself had arranged to be picked up after the match down from the hospital so walked along the cycle path which runs parallel to Halbeath Road leading to QM Station.

Other fans walking this way could corroborate but we were quickly aware of a large gathering of youth (easily over 50 teenagers) walking the same way.

As they approached, we could hear them discussing  plans of attacking away fans as they made their way to the station.

Towards the end of the lane the front of the group passed us and we were shocked to see a handful had iron bars and wooden sticks in their possesion.

I'll let you decide whether you think they were part of the NW Ultras section but if they were it was almost certainly planned and it wqsn't a small renegade bunch either.

A quick check on the Raith Rovers socials and sure enough dozens of Raith Rovers fans had to arrange lifts home from Dunfermline as it wasn't safe to use public transport.

Finally, if both clubs are serious about the safety of their fans they will sit down with police before the next derby match and ensure there is safe passage home for everyone (there is enough extra money coming through the turnstiles at these matches to pay for extra policing).

Would hope that the weans either weren't at the game if they had weapons.

The policing of the last 2 games has been ridiculous tbh, the scenes out side the pub on the way to the Raith game was so badly managed as the police followed the group of pars fans walking to the ground and just watched as the bottles, glasses and punches were flying.

Then this game, if there are groups of kids wandering about tooled up is not a good look. Would hope acbare minimum is that people can come and go from football matches safely, I hope in future this is guaranteed.

In terms of addressing the behaviour I was looking at what they do elsewhere in Europe, some places obviously have netting over sections to stop things getting on the pitch and others ban the adults responsible for the kids who are at fault which I think could help with the self policing.

I would imagine once the police investigation is over the club can set out the options open to them regarding a ban however I do think it will be difficult to identify all the people involved in which case it's important to crack down on any future bams.

4 hours ago, Coypars said:

And then everyone cheered? 

41 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Robbie Mahon recalled by Motherwell from his loan at whatever the f**k Edinburgh cry themselves these days. Maybe worth another go.

Barely looked good enough at L1 so doubt he’d make much of an impact.

We do need numbers I suppose.

He had a couple of decent showings from the bench but in the handful of games he did start he was invisible.

Fair play to him though, scored 7 in his last 9 appearances for an Edinburgh City side that’s circling the drain so would make sense that clubs will be looking at him.

7 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Robbie Mahon recalled by Motherwell from his loan at whatever the f**k Edinburgh cry themselves these days. Maybe worth another go.

I think pretty much every loanee has been recalled from Edinburgh City to their parent club as unfortunately there's a good chance Edinburgh either haven't been paying their wages or may not be able to in the coming months.

9 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Nah. Wouldn't add much. He didn't make much impact in league 1, so don't think he will be much use in the championship.

Edited by Chubbychops

With regards to Mahon - Really good guy, enthusiastic and enjoyed being here but not what we need right now I feel. He was very much an impact player. He would come off the bench at times and look good, then would get a start the week after for his reward and not take the opportunity.

If I'm being honest, and I know this is very unlikely but I'd rather see some experienced guys in to help than guys with very limited first team experience. For example Ashcroft and May, both been linked with us. I'd take them both.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

See Mahon as a poundland Moffat. Need defenders, goalies or strikers.

I'd be absolutely willing to stick with the goalies we have until the end of the season if it means we can get in a 2/3 outfield players. In fairness, he's already said he wants to keep Sharp, Deniz won't be going anywhere, I can't see us having more than three first team goalies on the books unless Little is offski. I did notice he ran round the front of the Norrie to the North West just as the teams were coming out on Tuesday from HT and gave his gloves to someone.