Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Everything that happened reeked of stability being O’Reilly’s top criteria. He left the Accies after turning down an offer for them. He apparently then declined some offers while expecting more, but they dried up. When we signed him, it was clear it was a quid pro quo…we could use a CB for a month or so (Watson’s injury) and he would get some exposure (coincidentally on a team challenging for promotion). He did say to someone interviewing that he hadn’t expected to be out of contract so long, and he should probably have signed on of those earlier tenders.

The Courier stated that five clubs tabled offers to O’Reilly, and they were all implied to be Scottish Championship teams. Assuming that included the Rovers, that would likely be also Partick, Morton, ICT and you lot. Of those, with stability being his goal, Partick offering 18 months would be the no brainer, with Morton a questionable second possibly due to their proximity to his home (I understand he’s in the Glasgow area). We were both somewhat handicapped by travel thus, so ICT probably was never in with a chance. Would you have been offering more than 6 months, and would he be worried about your injury situation causing relegation risk in that case? In the case of Morton, the perpetual concern about the ownership model probably worked against them.

I'd be amazed if we were in for him.

We have a very good Championship level CB( OConnor) on the bench who can't get a game because of the form of Broadfoot and Baird,  another playing RB( French) who can play CB too and even one at LB( Strapp) who has played there in emergencies.

The last position we need is a CB.

6 minutes ago, madton said:

I'd be amazed if we were in for him.

We have a very good Championship level CB( OConnor) on the bench who can't get a game because of the form of Broadfoot and Baird,  another playing RB( French) who can play CB too and even one at LB( Strapp) who has played there in emergencies.

The last position we need is a CB.

Mental the turnaround you've had since the Friday night game at Cappielow early November.

12 hours ago, par-adise said:

@Ludo*1 I remember him only for the name at Dundee. Any good? 

He played a game and a half for us.

He partnered Sam Fisher at CH in a 3-1 defeat to Raith in which we were a complete defensive shambles. He was one of the only bright spots in the game. Benedictus scored against us that night funnily enough.

He was then benched by McPake for the next 4 games before starting against Arbroath where he was again playing well as we won 2-0 but picked up an injury in the 64th minute and was promptly sent back to Tottenham.

Certainly seemed talented in his limited appearances for us. Mobile, strong and had a bit of pace. Maybe a bit rash at the time.

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not that it is worth reading most of the time but dotnet seems to be down again. Getting a bad request message on phone, laptop, work PC. It's such an old fashioned and clunky website, I assume Brian needs to put 50p in the meter for his server room again.

The app is working fine. I get that message on Edge on my PC sometimes but just switch to Chrome.

Stopped posting on .net years ago when Brian and his team we're doing the club's bidding and moderating the f**k out of everyone. Shite website, badly written - it's some issue with cookies I think - clean out any dafc.net cookies to get going again but it'll keep happening. Think it's something to do with long threads that cause browser's to throw a wobbler (I use Chrome).

It's like something from the 1990s when you go in to it 😂 When you click your username, it has got options to put MSN and Jabber emails in with the wee pixilated logos for those emails next it. Proper sitting in a dungeon basement stuff from the moderator. The c*nt also tried to cover up what was going on in 2012/13. Can't believe folk still use it. Then again, it is usually old duffers or shit for brains that frequent it. 

Ah it's the guy we knew about last night. Although seems to have captained the Spurs youth team which is decent.

Hopefully this is posted next...

Dj Khaled GIF