Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, AuldReekie said:

Agree. Was never a good sign when it was announced they had agreed terms and Ashcroft had until end of month to sign.

1 hour ago, Well over Par said:

We lost out on Wotherspoon for £100 a week. 
maybe Davie cook could have paid that out of his obscene salary ?

52 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

I heard 160 thousand smackers 

Are we at the stage that every single rumour posted on social media, or heard in the pub, is now accepted as being factual?

Just now, CallumPar said:

Are we at the stage that every single rumour posted on social media, or heard in the pub, is now accepted as being factual?

Hasn’t that always been the case? 🤣

8 minutes ago, parsboi said:

Hasn’t that always been the case? 🤣

I think people just want to believe these things, so they can moan about it. If any of those things are true, it is ridiculous. But I’d be very surprised if that’s the case.

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I think there's credibility in the Ashcroft situation. No idea about the Witherspoon/Cook rumours. 

Maybe Ashcroft values himself higher than playing in a potential/probable relegation fight and the masses of negativity that come with it?

Or we could believe laughable nonsense about made up figures.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Maybe Ashcroft values himself higher than playing in a potential/probable relegation fight and the masses of negativity that come with it?

Like I suggested above, I have no problem with this. Just hope club and/or player are ensuring we're not being strung along. 

31 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

I think there's credibility in the Ashcroft situation. No idea about the Witherspoon/Cook rumours. 

Based on what though? A podcaster posting a rumour?

The same ‘source’ posted in August about us announcing one or two signings one week. One being a former youth player. I would imagine the player he was speculating about is the same one that’s playing for Raith Rovers now. I think the other player being speculated about was another that didn’t sign - who went to Inverness and is now at United. So I’m not sure I’ll trust his rumours.

IMG_7855.jpeg

Not sure where the TN10Y guy gets his info. He posted an article in the last fortnight about injured players coming back, he said some were close and the ones mentioned are probably the guys we'll see last if at all this season.

I'll believe we're signing Ashcroft when he's running out at East End in a black and white shirt. He's been making appearances for Dundee in the Premiership and probably has more attractive loans than a Championship relegation dogfight. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

58 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Ashcroft trying to hold out for more cash from you lot? Thought it was done deal?

30 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

The same ‘source’ posted in August about us announcing one or two signings one week. One being a former youth player. I would imagine the player he was speculating about is the same one that’s playing for Raith Rovers now. I think the other player being speculated about was another that didn’t sign - who went to Inverness and is now at United. So I’m not sure I’ll trust his rumours.

IMG_7855.jpeg

I've known Michael for years, I spoke to him about the Ashcroft rumour and have no reason to doubt the information. 

Batter on though if you don't trust that we tried to sign Byrne and Wetherspoon. 

43 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Based on nothing other than hunch. And yes, I give slightly more credence to a podcaster than some of the other anonymous rumours kicking about. So sue me. Lighten up, it's a fitba forum. We're just discussing stuff, y'know. ;)

Ashcroft never made our bench at the weekend so I would assume he's off soon but we won't be letting him go until all of our CH issues clear up so it'll be on loan deadline day he leaves whenever that is I'd imagine.