Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 minutes ago, Home Truths said:

I've seen and heard people moaning about the investment in new training facilities. There are fans who don't see the value in the club having good training facilities. 

It's the timing that most have an issue with. 

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

To say that we'd all be happy with this situation if we had a few more wins on the board is plain wrong. 

Maybe so, but I’ve already posted this before and a few agreed. 
ETA. I must admit that I didn’t pour over the other Pars forums and thread on here, but I didn’t see many comments on finance last season 

Edited by Wacky

12 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I agree. I think lack of communication is a big issue here. If the board provided a decent update/reassurances, it would help to avoid the mass panic we’ve seen just now. It’s completely understandable that people are worried, the financial performance is incredibly concerning and I would have hoped for a bit more clarity regarding reasons behind this and the board’s thoughts/opinions on the short-term future and what should be expected.

Lack of communication is a recurring issue with the current board though, we were spoiled with Ross McArthur in that aspect, he was very good at keeping fans informed/updated. An operating update would have been very useful. It would be good to have an idea of how they plan to cut costs, increase revenue etc. and whether everything is still going to plan, or whether plans have changed. We don’t need to know absolutely everything, but some form of update/reassurance would have been beneficial.

Aye the communication is stinking, the statement they put out last night is verging on the insulting if they think fans will simply beleive it without thinking. 

Outwith that we also have a new director who's mentioned on the accounts, but nothing on the COWs, we recently got a new physio, again nothing about that on the COWs. I think it just drives further disconnect between the fans and the club if you have little to no knowledge of what's actually happening. 

6 minutes ago, Home Truths said:

I've seen and heard people moaning about the investment in new training facilities. There are fans who don't see the value in the club having good training facilities. 

I'm happy with the training facilities, I think they'll be a big selling point for the club with regards to player development, I'm not sure it'll save money over time but we won't be paying for other facilities, and it gives us a permanent base to work from which can only benefit us. 

What I'm not sold on is having an academy, I don't think that's financially viable for us in the 2nd tier, let alone the 3rd.

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:

To say that we'd all be happy with this situation if we had a few more wins on the board is plain wrong. 

Aye,agreed.

31 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I really think the board are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

I don't think that's true. Like I said, if they want to withhold detail finances, which is their right, they're making it harder for themselves by not having a good comms strategy. For example, claiming that lack of League 1 playoffs had a meaningful impact on financials is stupid.

3 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Before allot of fans were going off rumours off us losing a decent whack, I think I'd posted about the rumour on here and it's absolutely fair for other fans to doubt that. 

However we now have it in black and white, as well as the statement accompanying the accounts, it's fair for fans to not be happy about it now. 

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

This 1 millions loss must've been paid somehow. We have no bank debt, so I'm guessing the owners have either covered the loss or gone down the Masterton soft loan route.

There are accumulated losses (£9.6m) shown in the  profit and loss reserve on the balance sheet. This has grown by £1m so by my reading this loss (and obviously net prior year ones) are currently funded by the owners existing capital and reserves.

5 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Before allot of fans were going off rumours off us losing a decent whack, I think I'd posted about the rumour on here and it's absolutely fair for other fans to doubt that. 

However we now have it in black and white, as well as the statement accompanying the accounts, it's fair for fans to not be happy about it now. 

Of course fans are entitled to their beliefs and opinions on this. My own belief and opinion is that we should be more trusting of the people in charge, and not treat everyone as potential mastertons. 
This board will know they are quite rightly under the microscope from the fans, but I personally think they deserve more of a chance to prove themselves. And I still think that there would be less grumblings if the team were fighting at the top and not the bottom of the table. 

17 minutes ago, Wacky said:

ETA. I must admit that I didn’t pour over the other Pars forums and thread on here, but I didn’t see many comments on finance last season 

Trust me, I'm not a doom/panic merchant IRL or on other forums and I kinda get what you're saying but losing a million quid takes this to another level. There was no indication we were running up such big losses when we won the league so that comment doesn't make sense. 

5 minutes ago, Wacky said:

My own belief and opinion is that we should be more trusting of the people in charge, and not treat everyone as potential mastertons. 
This board will know they are quite rightly under the microscope from the fans, but I personally think they deserve more of a chance to prove themselves.

Fair point. I wish I could be as trusting as you

12 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

For example, claiming that lack of League 1 playoffs had a meaningful impact on financials is stupid

Is it though? Why would they lie about this? And let’s face it, by claiming it’s stupid when we don’t know all the facts and figures is plain wrong IMO. Is it possible that the TV could have shown an interest in this? If that was the case then more money could possibly be generated via sponsors and extra advertising. Then there’s the potential sell out crowds at every game. How can we be sure that doesn’t impact our seasons forecast? Maybe the money generated via playoffs would be higher than a league win. I don’t know these things but why would the board say this if it was a stupid as statement as some say. They would have to believe that every single fan is an idiot to try and have us believe that, or they know something we don’t. 

14 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Is it though? Why would they lie about this? And let’s face it, by claiming it’s stupid when we don’t know all the facts and figures is plain wrong IMO. 

It's not, what they've said is either lies, or more worrying, sheer incompetence. 

19 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Trust me, I'm not a doom/panic merchant IRL or on other forums and I kinda get what you're saying but losing a million quid takes this to another level. There was no indication we were running up such big losses when we won the league so that comment doesn't make sense. 

Losing a million quid will never look good. But it’s not all about the loss IMO, it’s about how the club manages the impact of it. I’ve posted many times about us bringing in KRH and Otoo, surly their clubs would want some compensation for letting them sign for us? Increased salaries for going up a level, win bonuses, travel expenses including any hotel, medical bills (I know we didn’t suffer many injuries last season) then I increased staff that’s been brought in (speculate to accumulate) etc etc will all add up on top of the training facilities and the new training ground. I don’t think it’s such a frightening amount for a club with the ambitions our board has mapped out for the future. 

6 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

It's not, what they've said is either lies, or more worrying, sheer incompetence. 

Can you explain the incompetence to me please? Because I don’t see it when I consider this 

1 minute ago, Wacky said:

Losing a million quid will never look good. But it’s not all about the loss IMO, it’s about how the club manages the impact of it. I’ve posted many times about us bringing in KRH and Otoo, surly their clubs would want some compensation for letting them sign for us? Increased salaries for going up a level, win bonuses, travel expenses including any hotel, medical bills (I know we didn’t suffer many injuries last season) then I increased staff that’s been brought in (speculate to accumulate) etc etc will all add up on top of the training facilities and the new training ground. I don’t think it’s such a frightening amount for a club with the ambitions our board has mapped out for the future. 

58 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Completely agree with this. In fact, I’d like to add that the narrative was that we’d won the league, despite being prudent. There was a lot of discussion around the fact we hadn’t spent a lot of money, but still managed to get out at the first attempt. We only added a few bodies and went with a small squad that was capable of winning the league. I was certainly praising the board for saving money in that sense and it turns out my assumptions on the financial performance last season were wrong. 

34 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Can you explain the incompetence to me please? Because I don’t see it when I consider this 

You don't see incompetence in running at a 1 million pound deficit? 

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

You don't see incompetence in running at a 1 million pound deficit? 

I’ve posted many times in the last couple of hours/days/weeks/months about the board speculating to accumulate, and don’t think that a million pound loss considering the ambition the board has for our future to be as bad as many on here see it. And even less so when you see some people on here saying about the board owning this deficit/loss, then also having a bit trust in these guys to give them time. So in short, “no” 

So can you explain why you feel it’s incompetence from the board please. 

56 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I don’t think it’s such a frightening amount for a club with the ambitions our board has mapped out for the future. 

I'm sorry but to a fan of a club in the second tier of Scottish football this just can't be logical thinking.

I genuinely wish you guys all the best but regardless of the lofty ambitions and intentions of your owners, the figures quoted would literally give me the absolute fear.

£1m is some loss over one season. I know you were in league one but still there were decent crowds and I wouldn't have said the squad was particularly expansive in number or quality. 

You guys will probably look at the detail far more than I'd ever be interested in so will leave you to make up your own minds but as an outsider looking in, it doesn't look good at all.

On a more football banterish note, does this make you the real Fife Gretna?