Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I’m firmly in the “keep Chris Kane if we can“ camp. He simply has a bit more composure and ability to get us higher up the pitch. He took his goal well after closing the keeper down, and works his socks of linking up with others around him. 
I’d be delighted if we could sign him up on a permanent deal. 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I’m firmly in the “keep Chris Kane if we can“ camp. He simply has a bit more composure and ability to get us higher up the pitch. He took his goal well after closing the keeper down, and works his socks of linking up with others around him. 
I’d be delighted if we could sign him up on a permanent deal. 

Aye I'm with you. He's just a better all round forward to what we have. Can hold it up, link well, works hard off the ball and can finish it seems. 

Anyone who has watched the team with Kane in it, and doesn't want him to sign permanently, should have their season ticket taken off them - and then banned from trying to buy another one.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis

I'm stunned there's even a debate. As classic a case you'll get of what a good forward beings to a team. It's not always about how many goals they score but how they are able to disrupt the opposition defence, how they hold up the ball and how they bring midfield into attack. It should also put to bed any argument that McCann, Wighton, etc are strikers or alternatives - they are not. If Kane doesn't stay, we have to be in the market for a replacement. 

Itll be interesting to see what happens with Kane.

Hes spoken before about how much he loves the club, and turned down better wages elsewhere to stay with us last Summer, but he clearly wants to play regularly.

We currently have 4 strikers already signed up for next season too.

Judging by his pre match comments Miles isn't desperate to return to Livi nor be coached again by David Martindale.

Very glad he has settled in here so quickly and grabbed 2 clean sheets with his 2 starts.

41 minutes ago, 101 said:

Judging by his pre match comments Miles isn't desperate to return to Livi nor be coached again by David Martindale.

Very glad he has settled in here so quickly and grabbed 2 clean sheets with his 2 starts.

Plus he gives a welcome shoutout to Falkingham.

48 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Hopefully we see a Falky fist pump soon

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

7 hours ago, 101 said:

Hopefully we see a Falky fist pump soon

What is this you speak of? Don’t be teasing an auld man with talk like this about one of his favourite players. It’s not big and it’s not clever to rip the piss out the infirm ye ken. 

30 minutes ago, Wacky said:

What is this you speak of? Don’t be teasing an auld man with talk like this about one of his favourite players. It’s not big and it’s not clever to rip the piss out the infirm ye ken. 

Their paths crossed at Harrogate. Miles spoke to Falky for some advice on a move to East End. Falky to him that he is “a legend” at Dunfermline and obvious lot sold him on the move.

15 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Their paths crossed at Harrogate. Miles spoke to Falky for some advice on a move to East End. Falky to him that he is “a legend” at Dunfermline and obvious lot sold him on the move.

Ah! Cheers for that. I thought……… ah forget it,, I was being wishful 

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes spoken before about how much he loves the club, and turned down better wages elsewhere to stay with us last Summer, but he clearly wants to play regularly.

He’s been really good for us and he’s the sort of striker that would do a job for any club in the championship. At his age, I think he needs to be somewhere that he’ll play most weeks. I was sceptical about his signing, but he has been brilliant - and we really noticed his absence in the game he missed with illness.

He seems to be enjoying himself here and he seemed to really enjoy his goal at the weekend. I just want him to continue this form until the end of the season and hope it’s enough to keep us in the division. Only once that’s sorted, can we think about his longer term future.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Out of interest who would rather keep - Kane or May? We were also linked with May in January but I was reading he chose to stay and fight for his place rather than come down to the diddy leagues for a few months. 

5 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Out of interest who would rather keep - Kane or May?

Kane probably. May need a two while Kane can be alone which helps Kanes case.

Probably wont explain this well but i think Mays best is better than Kanes, he'll score more and create more. Kanes average is more useful than Mays average though, if Mays not scoring or creating then you dont get anything that Kane wont give you, while Kane gives you the extra physicality that May cant.