Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kane probably. May need a two while Kane can be alone which helps Kanes case.

Probably wont explain this well but i think Mays best is better than Kanes, he'll score more and create more. Kanes average is more useful than Mays average though, if Mays not scoring or creating then you dont get anything that Kane wont give you, while Kane gives you the extra physicality that May cant.

🤯

I’m away for a wee lie doon. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kane probably. May need a two while Kane can be alone which helps Kanes case.

Probably wont explain this well but i think Mays best is better than Kanes, he'll score more and create more. Kanes average is more useful than Mays average though, if Mays not scoring or creating then you dont get anything that Kane wont give you, while Kane gives you the extra physicality that May cant.

Kane leads the line better I think is what you're saying? He's certainly doing that for us so far, which is exactly what we needed. 

Nobody else in the league has as many home games as us this season. Today was our 8th home defeat in 14 games. Only Inverness have scored fewer goals at home and only Arbroath and Ayr have conceded more goals at home. It’s been a grim season at East End.

In comparison, we’ve only lost 3 away games, only Dundee United have fewer away defeats than us. We’ve scored the same number of goals, but conceded 8 less away from home. Played one less away game.

Before tonight, Airdrie had the worst away record in the league. Following tonight’s win, they’ve moved ahead of Arbroath in the away league table.

IMG_8037.jpeg

IMG_8038.jpeg

Met Andy Kirk today which was very exciting. Didn't tell him he was my first pars idol so as not to make him feel 100.

Sadly he said he can't run anymore when I said he should have played today.

Has yer man signed a lot of duds that will hamstring the next managers' chances of success onto long term deals?

Has yer man signed a lot of his pals and they don't look any better than what you had previously?

Has yer man signed multiple players that don't do the job you need them for ie, signed lots of decent but non-goalscoring strikers?

Does it look like you have no plan b when it's abundantly clear plan a isn't working?

Does your manager actively make substitutions that benefit the opposition more than your own team?

Does your manager repeatedly say that performances are unacceptable, that it's on him and they'll turn it around? 

Finally, do the opposition look more like a team than you in pretty much most games?

If you answered yes to at least 3 of those 7 questions, I'd suggest you've got a case of James McPake-itis.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Has yer man signed a lot of duds that will hamstring the next managers' chances of success onto long term deals?

Has yer man signed a lot of his pals and they don't look any better than what you had previously?

Has yer man signed multiple players that don't do the job you need them for ie, signed lots of decent but non-goalscoring strikers?

Does it look like you have no plan b when it's abundantly clear plan a isn't working?

Does your manager actively make substitutions that benefit the opposition more than your own team?

Does your manager repeatedly say that performances are unacceptable, that it's on him and they'll turn it around? 

Finally, do the opposition look more like a team than you in pretty much most games?

If you answered yes to at least 3 of those 7 questions, I'd suggest you've got a case of James McPake-itis.

Here we go, a Dundee....McPake obsessed mink comes out the woodwork when Pars have a bad result. He left years ago. Why are you still so bitter?

You lot seem more concerned about McPake being our manager than we do. Weird fuckers. 

Edited by Chubbychops

Just listened to the managers post match. Some of the main takeaways… 

- Kane should be fine for Saturday, just a fatigue issue after playing on a heavy pitch on Saturday.

- Bene was close to playing tonight but wanted to keep Hammy and MFW since they’ve had three positive results together including two clean sheets.

Be shocked if Bene doesn’t start on Saturday now with Hammy back in the middle. 

59 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Here we go, a Dundee....McPake obsessed mink comes out the woodwork when Pars have a bad result. He left years ago. Why are you still so bitter?

You lot seem more concerned about McPake being our manager than we do. Weird fuckers. 

State of that. :lol:

14 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

State of you. Weird amount of posting on a football forum. Get a shag you sad b*****d.

Absolutely seething.

Imagine posting about football on a multi club football forum. What a reply. 

Deary me.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Absolutely seething.

Imagine posting about football on a multi club football forum. What a reply. 

Deary me.

Not every 10 minutes of your life min. Try finding a nice woman. 

Noticed a bit of building work at the corner of the away stand and the old enclosure,  what's the plans guys,  hopefully nothing that will change EEP too much still one of the best grounds to watch football win or lose...

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Noticed a bit of building work at the corner of the away stand and the old enclosure,  what's the plans guys,  hopefully nothing that will change EEP too much still one of the best grounds to watch football win or lose...

I for one have really enjoyed watching football there this season 😁

In all seriousness, surprised at the Dunfermline home record, 8 defeats is crazy and of course not sustainable. Is it down to the injuries alone? 

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

In all seriousness, surprised at the Dunfermline home record, 8 defeats is crazy and of course not sustainable. Is it down to the injuries alone? 

Nah, if it was injuries alone, then I’d expect  the record would be similar home and away. Even if we lose on Saturday, we’ll still have only lost half as many games away from home.

We’ve just been really uninspiring at home this year and it’s been a really tough watch. We had our February meltdown and that impacted the home record quite badly, with back-to-back 5-0 and 3-0 defeats. As it stands though, only Arbroath and Inverness (who come here on the second last day) haven’t won at East End this season. But we’ve only lost away to Partick, Raith and Queens Park.

We’ve failed to score in 5/14 home games and conceded in 12/14. It kind of goes without saying, you’re always going to lose more than you win, with a record like that.

Our last 7 home games, we’ve won 1, drawn 1 and lost 5. Scored 5, conceded 15.

In comparison, our last 7 away games we’ve won 2, drawn 4 and lost 1. Scored 10, conceded 7.

Looking at those records, which are both since start of December, you can’t say the home form is down to injuries.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

There's definitely some 'yes' responses to these.

26 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

One issue we have is we often make things difficult for ourselves, decision making can be terrible, which leads to us making an arse of chances etc. When that happens the crowd start getting a bit twitchy and on the players backs. East End has always had a rather impatient set of supporters, I know a lot of teams do have this but we've always been quite quick to jump on the players backs for whatever reason.

Last season was great, lost one game all season and East End was a fortress but we've not been able to mirror that this season. The injuries played a part in a mid season dip of form, no doubt and then we just got into a rut. 

That being said, since the Thistle game there's been a change. The effort can't really be questioned from the players and we'd picked up seven points from an available nine before last night. I'm not too downbeat on last night, Airdrie had two shots on goal and scored with both, they didn't really do much else apart from that and on another night we're two up inside five minutes. But again, we didn't take our chances, then didn't do enough to stop Airdrie taking the lead and once that happened you knew they'd see it out, every trick in the book and all that does is gets the fans frustrated and it becomes more tense for the players.

Would it have been nice going into Saturday's derby with a bit of momentum taking 10 points from 12, yeah absolutely, but it was probably a wee reality check too that we're going to win and lose games before the end of the season and we'll just have to make sure we do enough to get points on the board and stay away from the drop zone.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Burst under soil heating turning the pitch on the stand side into a bog really hasn't helped post December. Generally in the second half it's virtually impossible to play good football on it.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Burst under soil heating turning the pitch on the stand side into a bog really hasn't helped post December. Generally in the second half it's virtually impossible to play good football on it.

Come on, that’s not an excuse for results. The pitch is the same for both teams. Both teams struggle to play football on our pitch, but somehow everyone else can adapt better than the team playing on it every other week (or almost every week, currently).