Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, North West said:

Sounds like shite, might not mean that it is. 

It's absolute fucking nonsense and only morons would think it's the reason he wasn't playing yesterday.

Pair Jakubiak with a striker that can actually score goals and you've got an amazing secondary striker for this level.

51 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

. And being honest, if we sacked him, I don't have confidence about what managers are on the market. 

I also don’t have any confidence that our B.O.D could pick a decent manager even if they were klopp, mourinho and guardiola all turned up offering to work for free they be getting questioned on how many youngsters they developed and sold on for a profit.

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pair Jakubiak with a striker that can actually score goals and you've got an amazing secondary striker for this level.

Our problem is we don’t have any natural goalscorers, kane apart every single one of our options is best when playing off someone else.

59 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Good day Sir, could I interest you in the managers role at Dunfermline Athletic Football Club? 

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Good day Sir, could I interest you in the managers role at Dunfermline Athletic Football Club? 

No.

f**k needing to be in Dunfermline every couple of weeks.

I really don’t get why McPake has such a strong backing from a majority of the Pars support.

From the derby games and a few other times I’ve seen you on TV I think he looks tactically inept. An opinion backed up by the majority of the Dee fans. Falkirk showing like you guys did last season how woeful league 1 really is so it really shouldn’t be held up to any sort of achievement.

Was delighted to see Otoo go off yesterday and that charlatan McCann come on. That was the easiest we’ve seen out a game all season, we’re known to shit the bed but your manager weakened the team whilst chasing. Utterly bizarre.

On a positive, that team you had start the game is only 2/3 players from being decent. Dunfermline board should be doing everything to bring in Rhys McCabe. 

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Falkirk showing like you guys did last season how woeful league 1 really is

League One is poor but this season's division is a lot worse than the one we won IMO. No Dunfermline or Airdrie who were two of the better teams, Edinburgh who had some cracking results last season are a shambles, Queen of the South are somehow taking the crown of worst ever senior team off of our own John Potter inspired jobbers who came 7th, and the only team who are anywhere close to challenging - Hamilton - are so bad that their fans want the manager gone despite being second. Hopefully it lulls Falkirk into a false sense of superiority and they crash and burn next season! 

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I really don’t get why McPake has such a strong backing from a majority of the Pars support.

From the derby games and a few other times I’ve seen you on TV I think he looks tactically inept. An opinion backed up by the majority of the Dee fans. Falkirk showing like you guys did last season how woeful league 1 really is so it really shouldn’t be held up to any sort of achievement.

Was delighted to see Otoo go off yesterday and that charlatan McCann come on. That was the easiest we’ve seen out a game all season, we’re known to shit the bed but your manager weakened the team whilst chasing. Utterly bizarre.

On a positive, that team you had start the game is only 2/3 players from being decent. Dunfermline board should be doing everything to bring in Rhys McCabe. 

I don’t think there is a word here , I don’t agree with ! 

Having seen Dunfermline this season they have a few players who think they are better than they actually are. Wighton, who must be the laziest striker in the league but thinks he is Haaland. McCann, who I thought was decent at the start of the season but his form has dropped more than a hoors drawers. Mehmet is a bombscare. 

However, I like the passion and commitment of Chris Hamilton, the skills of Moffat and there is a player in there somewhere with Otoo. 

A better manager might be able to build a team with them in it

36 minutes ago, jasperellon said:

Having seen Dunfermline this season they have a few players who think they are better than they actually are. Wighton, who must be the laziest striker in the league but thinks he is Haaland. McCann, who I thought was decent at the start of the season but his form has dropped more than a hoors drawers. Mehmet is a bombscare. 

Strange take tbh. We all know McCann is not good enough and Mehmet is shit. Wighton is a player who definitely has the ability, but hasn't shown it in a Pars jersey in this league. Kind of player that will end up at Raith, ICT or some other Championship mainstay jobbers and bang them in.  

Otto, Hamilton, KRH and Todd are all young enough to bring on a game, and I am certain they will, and go on to have good careers at a decent level. There are too many duds though upsetting the overall balance. You need a full squad with subs that can change things. We just have mainly shite, with a couple of injured players. Kane has been a massive miss for us, and if it is true he is out "for the foreseeable" then we are absolutely fucked and I expect to finish 9th. We certainly look good for it. Don't score goals and concede too many stupid goals (mainly chucked in by popadom hands Mehmet)  

Regarding McPake: he is going nowhere, unless we get relegated. He has came out in an interview categorically stating this club will not go down. If we do indeed go down, there is no way he can be in charge after that kind of statement.  But knowing this BOD, they'll extend his contract. The club is a bit of a shambles in lots of aspects at the moment, both on and off the field. 

7 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I never said they couldn’t. But I agree that communication is terrible from the club. Would be nice to get some updates regarding the long term vision and how things are progressing (or aren’t) in relation to our vision/plan. It’s not good enough to keep saying there’s a long term vision/plan, but not give any updates.

On the one hand they talk about respect and on the other, fans are kept in the dark about their mid to long term plans. I don’t think they have one, to be honest. This is Meggle’s project and he has roped in some well off pals to support it. He is using us as a Guinea pig. 

this academy/training centre will not be sustainable. I’m certain we won’t make money by developing our own players. Most of our good young players have been picked up from other sides. 

btw. That £1m loss does not include any costs associated with the training ground or include any pay offs to grant and Hughes . this was included in accounts to May 2022

so great financial management. I wouldn’t let cook run a bath. As ceo he should carry the can

4 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

On the one hand they talk about respect and on the other, fans are kept in the dark about their mid to long term plans. I don’t think they have one, to be honest. This is Meggle’s project and he has roped in some well off pals to support it. He is using us as a Guinea pig. 

this academy/training centre will not be sustainable. I’m certain we won’t make money by developing our own players. Most of our good young players have been picked up from other sides. 

btw. That £1m loss does not include any costs associated with the training ground or include any pay offs to grant and Hughes . this was included in accounts to May 2022

so great financial management. I wouldn’t let cook run a bath. As ceo he should carry the can

I believe the training academy costs consisted of 2/3rds grants and Fussball GmbH making up the rest, separate to the £1m loss. 

41 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Strange take tbh. We all know McCann is not good enough and Mehmet is shit. Wighton is a player who definitely has the ability, but hasn't shown it in a Pars jersey in this league. Kind of player that will end up at Raith, ICT or some other Championship mainstay jobbers and bang them in.  

Otto, Hamilton, KRH and Todd are all young enough to bring on a game, and I am certain they will, and go on to have good careers at a decent level. There are too many duds though upsetting the overall balance. You need a full squad with subs that can change things. We just have mainly shite, with a couple of injured players. Kane has been a massive miss for us, and if it is true he is out "for the foreseeable" then we are absolutely fucked and I expect to finish 9th. We certainly look good for it. Don't score goals and concede too many stupid goals (mainly chucked in by popadom hands Mehmet)  

Regarding McPake: he is going nowhere, unless we get relegated. He has came out in an interview categorically stating this club will not go down. If we do indeed go down, there is no way he can be in charge after that kind of statement.  But knowing this BOD, they'll extend his contract. The club is a bit of a shambles in lots of aspects at the moment, both on and off the field. 

Wighton won't be back at Raith again. He was absolute dung when we had him and he's not improved. I'm surprised y'all have put up with him as long as you have. 

3 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

That's enough of that thanks! If he keeps up this season I wouldn't expect McCabe to be our manager past Christmas as he will have done a great job over 2 1/2 seasons by then, I dont think he'll go to a Championship club unless its one with a strong chance of going up (unlikely to be Dunfermline), when he does leave it will be a huge blow but he'll go with a lot of gratitude from the Airdrie fans. 

The trouble with Kane is he's so injury-prone . It was unlikely he'd stay fit for half a season without picking up an injury of some sort unfortunately. 

Put this in the Accies thread....

A year ago you guys were spunking over puppies faces at the very thought of McPake. Walked league one and some of you were pushing him as Manager of the Year. Posters on bedroom walls, the lot.

Now, against tougher opposition, you're stabbing him in the back. He isn't doing a Leishman and doing another promotion push...so he should be sacked?

Fickle Pars. Forsooth, for shame.