Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I'm not sure if it's been confirmed, but Chalmers to Partick is a great signing IMO. Really good player in a position they needed strengthened after Lawless got injured. 

According to Nareys Toepoker only Crawford and Turner are confirmed. Two good championship players. Would have taken Chalmers for us. However none of them have 100+ premiership appearances and a couple of cup winners medals. 

There's a fair few unknowns from England and Ireland tbf, but there isn't really any other signings in the league so far that I look at and think I really wish we'd got them. Stevenson possibly but will come down to if he still has the legs. 

33 minutes ago, Wacky said:

So it’s clearly nonsense about him and his maw joining Pars twitter, or are they two wind up merchants? 

No they both follow pars on Twitter 

4 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

She is also a fan of a Finnish club. 

Guess we are finished. 

Aye his insta story is showing him at Helsinki airport

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

So it’s clearly nonsense about him and his maw joining Pars twitter, or are they two wind up merchants? 

Well Strapp and his Maw did follow the club on twitter so that is partly true but he's offski elsewhere.

Season ticket update from the club, 1500 tickets sold, I don't even know how that compares to past years? I know we tend to be around 2500-3000ish but feels quite low. I was about to say how poor it was but I'll wait and see, could be that it's roughly the same as recent years.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

Season ticket update from the club, 1500 tickets sold, I don't even know if that's good or not compared to past years? I know we tend to be around 2500-3000ish but feels quite low.

Just now, parsdaft said:

1,500 season tickets sold so far according to the official website

Family You Win GIF by South Park

I might have renewed by now if there was an early bird offer or some other incentive to buy it sooner. Instead I am waiting till I get back from Germany and see how much money I have left. 
I don’t know if any others are doing the same or not.

50 minutes ago, North West said:

Early July last year it was reported sales were at the 3000 mark. 

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/23633025.dunfermline-season-ticket-sales-reach-3-000-mark/

So three weeks to see if we can hit that mark, another payday for people by then so every chance. Just felt quite low initially.

3 hours ago, par-adise said:

According to Nareys Toepoker only Crawford and Turner are confirmed. Two good championship players. Would have taken Chalmers for us. However none of them have 100+ premiership appearances and a couple of cup winners medals. 

No doubting he's been a good player in a good side in the past. 

However by that same logic I doubt we'll have had a player with a better CV than Efe Ambrose... 

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Hoping for a change to a 4231 this season. 

Agreed.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Season ticket update from the club, 1500 tickets sold, I don't even know how that compares to past years? I know we tend to be around 2500-3000ish but feels quite low. I was about to say how poor it was but I'll wait and see, could be that it's roughly the same as recent years.

By the 2nd of June last year we'd sold 2000.

There was the buzz of getting promoted the year before. It all felt a bit boring and flat at the end of last season in comparison.

Also no big incentive to buy early. Noboby I know that normally gets a ST has renewed yet.  We've made one signing (a good one though) but it's been pretty slow on that front as it always is.

We will be down on last lseason but not by a great deal. Still think we will shift around 2500.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Does McPake get the sack if you don’t make the playoffs again this season?

Due to fan pressure almost certainly, regardless of circumstance. Can't use the excuse of just coming up after a year of consolidation. Also highly unlikely the squad has the number of injuries they had last season.

With the league looking fairly wide open I'd be disappointed if the team isn't pushing inside the top 4 at minimum (also comfortably clear of relegation). The football has to be more attacking in my book unless McPake manages to find a way to shut teams out and continually grind out tight games, even with that I'm not sure the fan base will be pleased with that style