Walking Down The Halbeath Road

36 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Does McPake get the sack if you don’t make the playoffs again this season?

Not sure. If we fail to make the playoffs again then it would seem it’s been another meh season, suppose it depends how far off 4th we end up.

I have a feeling some fans are still a bit fed up after last season. Season ticket sales down on this time last year, one signing so far albeit a good one, however the output from the club has been fairly poor, only really sending a season ticket advert once every few days and only really promoting the fan zone zone for the Scotland games. If we carry on this way, the fans will go into the new season a bit fed up, that energy will transfer on to the park, in turn will become negative results and the fans will look for change. To be fair, in the height of our injury woes last season, we went on a really bad run and fans were calling for change. Pep Guardiola wouldn’t have been able to make a difference with the players we had available.

Have to also remember our board are the opposite of trigger happy. Took an age to bin Peter Grant, Yogi wasn’t going to be sacked so if we end up mid table the board might not be too bothered, especially if the financial backing is going to be as poor as some have said on here.

I think we’ll have a better overall season this time around but that doesn’t guarantee playoffs.

47 minutes ago, Enigma said:

There would maybe be a bit more leeway if the football was a bit more attacking but it's utterly boring.

If you are going to play slow,  stuffy football then you have to get the results to go with it.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

No because he'll have at least another year of his contract left.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Doubt it tbh. If we're battling relegation, then it'll be squeeky arse time for the powers that be to pull the trigger. 

For those interested, I was at East End tonight for a meeting with Drew Main, along with members of supporters groups. A few things I thought was worth reporting back on/letting people know.

2 new members of media team joining from Stenhousemuir (think this had been reported). One will be for commentary/interviews with ParsTV. The other will be in charge of social media on match days. Both have other jobs, so not full time employees.

Josh Edwards - there is/was a release clause in his contract, part of the optional extension that we triggered. If/when he is sold, money will be invested in the first team squad.

New Kit - delayed at customs, but should be here shortly.

2 new directors appointed recently - both in unpaid roles. One of them is a lawyer, who has worked with clubs across Europe and has dealt a lot with contracts. It is hoped he can help to overcome issues with work permits for foreign players.

Training ground - modular units being installed next week for changing rooms, showers and toilet facilities, ahead of pre-season. KDM group helping to install the plumbing and electricity for them. We have applied/will apply for grant funding to refurbish the buildings at Rosyth, in the same way we got the grant for the artificial pitch. 

Question was asked around what we get from KDM group, as part of their sponsorship. Other than money, they have provided a number of services at East End - including refurbishing the changing rooms & the tunnel at East End and replacing a lot of internal doors free of charge. They are also helping a lot with the training ground. Not ‘news’ as such, but I thought this was interesting and worth sharing, good to see sponsors providing these services.

I may have missed/forgotten a couple of things. But wanted to share some of this info with the wider fanbase.

PS - if anyone is keen to join the P&B Pars supporters group and have the opportunity to attend future meetings, please let me know and we can add you to the group chat. Aware people might have missed my post about it a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by CallumPar

21 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

For those interested, I was at East End tonight for a meeting with Drew Main, along with members of supporters groups. A few things I thought was worth reporting back on/letting people know.

2 new members of media team joining from Stenhousemuir (think this had been reported). One will be for commentary/interviews with ParsTV. The other will be in charge of social media on match days. Both have other jobs, so not full time employees.

Josh Edwards - there is/was a release clause in his contract, part of the optional extension that we triggered. If/when he is sold, money will be invested in the first team squad.

New Kit - delayed at customs, but should be here shortly.

2 new directors appointed recently - both in unpaid roles. One of them is a lawyer, who has worked with clubs across Europe and has dealt a lot with contracts. It is hoped he can help to overcome issues with work permits for foreign players.

Training ground - modular units being installed next week for changing rooms, showers and toilet facilities, ahead of pre-season. KDM group helping to install the plumbing and electricity for them. We have applied/will apply for grant funding to refurbish the buildings at Rosyth, in the same way we got the grant for the artificial pitch. 

Question was asked around what we get from KDM group, as part of their sponsorship. Other than money, they have provided a number of services at East End - including refurbishing the changing rooms & the tunnel at East End and replacing a lot of internal doors free of charge. They are also helping a lot with the training ground. Not ‘news’ as such, but I thought this was interesting and worth sharing, good to see sponsors providing these services.

I may have missed/forgotten a couple of things. But wanted to share some of this info with the wider fanbase.

PS - if anyone is keen to join the P&B Pars supporters group and have the opportunity to attend future meetings, please let me know and we can add you to the group chat. Aware people might have missed my post about it a couple of weeks ago.

I gave the meeting a miss, but thanks for the update

It was an interesting meeting and every credit to Drew Main for driving it on. 

The club seem to be aware that communication isn't the best, fingers crossed we see some different content. 

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Fan pressure would probably lean that way,  but there appears to be a big gap between what would keep fans happy and what our BoD are pushing for.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Lawyer is presumably lang,  who was appointed 4 months ago, I guess it depends on perception of time but that doesn't feel very recent to me. 

I'm intrigued by being part of the group but unlikely to be attending midweek meetings. 

7 hours ago, HoBNob said:

It was an interesting meeting and every credit to Drew Main for driving it on. 

The club seem to be aware that communication isn't the best, fingers crossed we see some different content. 

Tbf the meetings have been happening for some time and they're now opening them up to prevent them going stale. Good to see feedback reaching this forum now too. Any effort to improve on communication has to be a good thing.

Its great to hear KDM helping with the training ground and at EEP. We're a bit lucky in that respect to have a firm willing to invest not just money but time and expertise as well.

These meetings happening is great but not everyone is on this or other forums. I'd personally like to see a download from the club shared afterwards. A fan bulletin so to speak, posted on the website and social media channels for all to read.

4 minutes ago, Heaton said:

These meetings happening is great but not everyone is on this or other forums. I'd personally like to see a download from the club shared afterwards. A fan bulletin so to speak, posted on the website and social media channels for all to read.

Agree with this. Club communications are terrible and that has to change. Information should be out there for everyone to see. Whether that be social media, website, bulletins that are sent out.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Agree with this. Club communications are terrible and that has to change. Information should be out there for everyone to see. Whether that be social media, website, bulletins that are sent out.

we have a CEO where marketing was his bag, a marketing manager and a commercial manager. maybe we need to add more resource?

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Not according to @DA Baracus, but for what it’s worth I agree. 

2 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Not according to @DA Baracus, but for what it’s worth I agree. 

I've never said that. The club clearly need to make significant improvements regarding communication.

I said it's ridiculous that folk expect announcements over everything.

You yourself admitted that you genuinely think that the club should have announced that are trying to make signings. That's absolutely mental to me and massive overkill. Why would they not be trying to make signings? The club has made a signing in every single transfer window. It doesn't need said.

Do you think the club should put out an announcement every Monday to confirm that they still intend to operate and haven't just decided to withdraw from the league and shut down?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I've never said that. The club clearly need to make significant improvements regarding communication.

You yourself admitted that you genuinely think that the club should have announced that are trying to make signings. That's absolutely mental to me and massive overkill. Why would they not be trying to make signings? The club has made a signing in every single transfer window. It doesn't need said.

Do you think the club should put out an announcement every Monday to confirm that they still intend to operate and haven't just decided to withdraw from the league and shut down?

Each other own I suppose 

1 hour ago, Heaton said:

Forward your suggestion to the SLO Drew Main. That is the kind of stuff they're looking for.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yeah I think I was another who said something similar the other day, I wasn't defending the output but we can't go mad. Comms from the club have to be better, a lot better actually, but we can't have a tweet every time someone on the board decides to go for a crap.

See the legend that is Barry Nic is about to join Queens Park as Callum Davidson's assistant. Ex St Johnstone manager Steven McLean will also be taking up the role of first team coach. All off the back of Liam Craig leaving QP to be the new Hibs assistant manager.