Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The one thing most Pars fans are agreeing upon is the need for improvement on the communication front.

The club are taking steps to address the situation. So that's an obvious positive.

I'm happy to only hear about signings when we make one. Not before. Would obviously be great to have 6 Championship winning players signed on contracts before close season starts, drip feed them out over a 3/4 week period and whip the support up into a frenzy. That just isn't how this works though. Maybe one or two would be nice, but there's still plenty of time. Maybe it's the juxtaposition with Rovers who went out and did business quick and early, or a Falkirk side who are chapping at the bit to have a go, and by comparison, people feel we're being left way behind. After an absolute dud of a season, it's just frustration and concern spilling over. 

I'm more concerned about the fact the club can't or won't see that promoting some of the good work behind-the-scenes is an easy win and helps people buy into what they are trying to do. Absolutely mind boggling. I actually feel better having read stuff from last night but it feels like supporters are having to work hard to extract this information from the club. 

5 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

See the Falkirk narrative is "the journey" which seems to have whipped the minks into a frenzy. Could be doing with a bit more fan engagement. 

I would imagine the higher ups at Dunfermline want as little contact with the fans as possible.

Just give us your money and we’ll tell you what we want when we want. 
As North West said above, the club have made a positive step hiring the media guys in, hope they start soon. 

9 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Just give us your money and we’ll tell you what we want when we want. 
As North West said above, the club have made a positive step hiring the media guys in, hope they start soon. 

Maybe i'm reading it wrong, but the media guys are involved in matchday comms/interviews and updates. I'd not be expecting them to be starting to produce much until the games begin.

2 new members of media team joining from Stenhousemuir (think this had been reported). One will be for commentary/interviews with ParsTV. The other will be in charge of social media on match days. 

1 hour ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

See the Falkirk narrative is "the journey" which seems to have whipped the minks into a frenzy. Could be doing with a bit more fan engagement. 

Sounds very Sevco like.

4 hours ago, North West said:

Forward your suggestion to the SLO Drew Main. That is the kind of stuff they're looking for.

I'll check the website or ask for him when I got to renew my ST since the website is pish. I'll feed that back at the same time

19 hours ago, CallumPar said:

For those interested, I was at East End tonight for a meeting with Drew Main, along with members of supporters groups. A few things I thought was worth reporting back on/letting people know.

2 new members of media team joining from Stenhousemuir (think this had been reported). One will be for commentary/interviews with ParsTV. The other will be in charge of social media on match days. Both have other jobs, so not full time employees.

Josh Edwards - there is/was a release clause in his contract, part of the optional extension that we triggered. If/when he is sold, money will be invested in the first team squad.

New Kit - delayed at customs, but should be here shortly.

2 new directors appointed recently - both in unpaid roles. One of them is a lawyer, who has worked with clubs across Europe and has dealt a lot with contracts. It is hoped he can help to overcome issues with work permits for foreign players.

Training ground - modular units being installed next week for changing rooms, showers and toilet facilities, ahead of pre-season. KDM group helping to install the plumbing and electricity for them. We have applied/will apply for grant funding to refurbish the buildings at Rosyth, in the same way we got the grant for the artificial pitch. 

Question was asked around what we get from KDM group, as part of their sponsorship. Other than money, they have provided a number of services at East End - including refurbishing the changing rooms & the tunnel at East End and replacing a lot of internal doors free of charge. They are also helping a lot with the training ground. Not ‘news’ as such, but I thought this was interesting and worth sharing, good to see sponsors providing these services.

I may have missed/forgotten a couple of things. But wanted to share some of this info with the wider fanbase.

PS - if anyone is keen to join the P&B Pars supporters group and have the opportunity to attend future meetings, please let me know and we can add you to the group chat. Aware people might have missed my post about it a couple of weeks ago.

Hi Callum. Thanks for your updates. I wasn’t able to make the meeting myself on behalf of .net so appreciate your posting].
I’ve been asked to add a couple of wee bits -  the two new volunteers won’t be assisting ParsTV. One is going to be doing trackside videography. The other isn’t going to be doing the social media channels either. 
Cheers, Buffy. 

1 hour ago, Buffypinkpars said:

Hi Callum. Thanks for your updates. I wasn’t able to make the meeting myself on behalf of .net so appreciate your posting].
I’ve been asked to add a couple of wee bits -  the two new volunteers won’t be assisting ParsTV. One is going to be doing trackside videography. The other isn’t going to be doing the social media channels either. 
Cheers, Buffy. 

Thanks for clarifying that! I must have misheard that one.

2 hours ago, Heaton said:

I'll check the website or ask for him when I got to renew my ST since the website is pish. I'll feed that back at the same time

Feedback what you want, frankly my dear I don't give a f**k.

andrew@dafc.co.uk

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Sounds very Sevco like.

Teams that paid their debt back 100%

1.Falkirk 

Do I need to add teams who didn't ?

Dundee are afore your lot alphabetically 

23 minutes ago, MrDust said:

1.Falkirk 

Calm down Sevco.

44 minutes ago, MrDust said:

1.Falkirk 

Like the Lannisters you lot eh? Pay your debts and shag yer sisters. 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

1.Falkirk 

IMG_5461.webp