Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 12/06/2024 at 12:08, North West said:

Forward your suggestion to the SLO Drew Main. That is the kind of stuff they're looking for.

Drew has replied and is going to try get something written tonight to put on the COWS and possibly to all season ticket holders as well to surmise what was covered.  

Edited by Heaton

36 minutes ago, Buffypinkpars said:

A member of ParsTV told me. 

That's fair, cheers for passing it on. 

I'm genuinely surprised the "make up" of ParsTv has already been decided before the results of the survey have been released in fairness. 

13 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

That's fair, cheers for passing it on. 

I'm genuinely surprised the "make up" of ParsTv has already been decided before the results of the survey have been released in fairness. 

Considering who runs it and who would be looking at the feedback, I'm not surprised at this.

We'll just continue to have one of the worst, it not the worst (to be fair I haven't seen every club's output) offerings in the SPFL.

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Considering who runs it and who would be looking at the feedback, I'm not surprised at this.

We'll just continue to have one of the worst, it not the worst (to be fair I haven't seen every club's output) offerings in the SPFL.

I'll be dissapointed if this is the case. I think, and going by the comments last week that the feedback should, and will be collated by the club, and improvements from it should then be implemented. 

I might be reading too much into it, but it seems odd to me that at the last two supporters meeting it's been said by a member of the club that the new guys from Stenhousemuir will be doing work with ParsTV, to now have someone from ParsTv say that isn't the case doesn't exactly bode well for them being open to improvements suggested by the survey. 

Edited by HoBNob

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

where are you based bud?

6 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

cos depends on what device you are watching on, signal quality, browser etc etc 

many things that can lead to poor quality

and btw, you shouldn't be watching it if in dundee unless its midweek

If you've not used a VPN you live a joyless existence IMO. 

30 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

cos depends on what device you are watching on, signal quality, browser etc etc 

many things that can lead to poor quality

and btw, you shouldn't be watching it if in dundee unless its midweek

I've seen it be shite in Dundee, Dunfermline, Germany, Hawick and Glasgow.

It's not so much the signal but rather all of it. The camera operator often can't keep up with play, the angles are usually terrible, the presentation is amateur, the commentary isn't the best, the sound often cuts out, the definition varies, the graphics are awful and in general it's a desperately poor product.

42 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's not so much the signal but rather all of it. The camera operator often can't keep up with play, the angles are usually terrible, the presentation is amateur, the commentary isn't the best, the sound often cuts out, the definition varies, the graphics are awful and in general it's a desperately poor product.

needs investment from the club imo. It can generate money for the club so its a no brainer for me

5 hours ago, Heaton said:

Drew has replied and is going to try get something written tonight to put on the COWS and possibly to all season ticket holders as well to surmise what was covered.  

Good stuff mate.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I pay the monthly subscription some months to watch games with my dad who can no longer attend games. It's good that at 86 year he can still see the games back and forth. No doubt it's a lifeline for all sorts of fans in different circumstances. 

That all said, I fully agree with your post it really does need improvement. 

I’ve just seen one of the Falkirk strips, and it’s very clearly bespoke. 
I’d really like to see us try something with the Pars tartan on our strips, make them look less off the peg.