Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Fan zone at East End looks decent. Screens are bigger than I thought they'd be, although tough break for those sitting in the middle! 

Screenshot_20240614_163922_Facebook.thumb.jpg.d33831c90cef5486017d833c25fec3d8.jpg

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I’ve just seen one of the Falkirk strips, and it’s very clearly bespoke. 
I’d really like to see us try something with the Pars tartan on our strips, make them look less off the peg. 

Very clearly? What makes you think that? Either way, I think it's rank (not just because it's a Falkirk strip!).

Also haven't we had quite a few strips that haven't been 'off the peg' recently?

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Very clearly? What makes you think that? Either way, I think it's rank (not just because it's a Falkirk strip!).

Also haven't we had quite a few strips that haven't been 'off the peg' recently?

I just seen a white shirt which is more bespoke than anything else I’ve seen so far.  Let’s see what we come up with 
The eye of the beholder and all that. 

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

With Joma we got one bespoke one per season (could be home, away or third/limited edition) and AFAIK none of our Errea ones came out a catalogue?

Anyone at EEP? What’s the queue for a drink like? As I was put off by how long it takes to get a Stephen’s when the Norrie is full, I have now got Wednesday night off so thinking about going

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I just seen a white shirt which is more bespoke than anything else I’ve seen so far.  Let’s see what we come up with 
The eye of the beholder and all that. 

Can you point me in the direction of any other team that used the kit designs we had last season? Genuinely not sure what you’re getting at by claiming another bespoke kit is apparently ‘more bespoke’.

I’m pretty certain all 3 of our kits were bespoke and I’d expect all of our kits this season to be bespoke.

Even with Joma, we were getting bespoke home and away kits in the latter seasons. The purple and green away shirt, with the triangles as a nod to the badge. I wasn’t a fan of that shirt but surely we’re not claiming that wasn’t a unique shirt designed specifically for us?

2 hours ago, Clangers said:

Anyone at EEP? What’s the queue for a drink like? As I was put off by how long it takes to get a Stephen’s when the Norrie is full, I have now got Wednesday night off so thinking about going

In said queue now. It's absolutely horrendous! Goes almost the length of the stand then snakes back on itself. Didn't go right away when I got in (got some food instead, queue was fine and food fine) as thought it would have died down! 

Only one outlet selling beer (the usual Stephens bit) and not enough bar staff. Pints are £5.50, not terrible for an event like this. Can see them selling out of beer fairly soon.

Edited by DA Baracus

Timed how long I queued for beer.

Was 46 minutes. 

Shame, as the Fan Zone was really good but that's really letting them down, especially going by multiple comments I heard.

Fanzone beer queue was too long but overall the event was good. Good screens, food, music and band. Football wasn’t the best. I wouldn’t be put off going next week. The crowd won’t be as big as the Germany match so the queues should be much better.

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Aye, was fair chuffed at myself. 

I tried to come up with a witty GoT-themed retort around the Ironborns - ugly, jealous in-breds who maintain grudges for generations and are doomed to fail because of their bleak surroundings and black hearts, and had their boaby lopped off by a superior rival. 

But that’s obviously Morton, so it wouldn’t have worked here. 

12 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

After a really awful 2 weeks on a personal level that was a really good night. 8 of us went and had a great time. 

Would love to pick holes in the fanzone but it was a good night ( till the game started😂) pretty well organised ( separate queues for pies, soft drinks, from alcohol)  band were good, even Ewan Cameron didn’t bother me that much . Glad they brought this to fife so well done 👏🏻 ( enough being nice I’m away to get my tetanus booster 😷😂😂😉)

13 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

After a really awful 2 weeks on a personal level that was a really good night. 8 of us went and had a great time. 

Good to hear.  Football (even despite the results) can be great in life when other stuff is utter pish.  Glad you had a good one. 👌

Club deserve credit for the fan zone last night. Seemed everyone enjoyed it, result aside. I certainly did.

If they can sort out the beer/drinks queuing then it would be even better. Difficult given the limited space though.