Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Edwards’ move to Charlton confirmed now. Hope he goes on to do really well there. It’ll be strange next season, seeing us play without him. I think he’s maybe missed 1 first team game in the last 3/4 years and was obviously a huge part of how McPake wanted to play.

Time to get a few new faces in the door and focus on the players that will be here for the coming season.

Deserves his move, been a really important player for us. Barely ever injured, occasionally frustrating to watch but always a threat and, given it's been 182 appearances, pretty solid for the most part. Cheers Josh. 

Now, use that cash and get this squad bolstered.

Cash will probably be used for day to day running costs and the replacement left back will be a loanee. Need to pull the trigger on the Quitongo deal ASAP.

14 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Cash will probably be used for day to day running costs and the replacement left back will be a loanee. Need to pull the trigger on the Quitongo deal ASAP.

It was established in a supporters group meeting not that long ago that the Edwards transfer money would be put towards the squad

On 11/06/2024 at 22:12, CallumPar said:

For those interested, I was at East End tonight for a meeting with Drew Main, along with members of supporters groups. A few things I thought was worth reporting back on/letting people know.

2 new members of media team joining from Stenhousemuir (think this had been reported). One will be for commentary/interviews with ParsTV. The other will be in charge of social media on match days. Both have other jobs, so not full time employees.

Josh Edwards - there is/was a release clause in his contract, part of the optional extension that we triggered. If/when he is sold, money will be invested in the first team squad.

New Kit - delayed at customs, but should be here shortly.

2 new directors appointed recently - both in unpaid roles. One of them is a lawyer, who has worked with clubs across Europe and has dealt a lot with contracts. It is hoped he can help to overcome issues with work permits for foreign players.

Training ground - modular units being installed next week for changing rooms, showers and toilet facilities, ahead of pre-season. KDM group helping to install the plumbing and electricity for them. We have applied/will apply for grant funding to refurbish the buildings at Rosyth, in the same way we got the grant for the artificial pitch. 

Question was asked around what we get from KDM group, as part of their sponsorship. Other than money, they have provided a number of services at East End - including refurbishing the changing rooms & the tunnel at East End and replacing a lot of internal doors free of charge. They are also helping a lot with the training ground. Not ‘news’ as such, but I thought this was interesting and worth sharing, good to see sponsors providing these services.

I may have missed/forgotten a couple of things. But wanted to share some of this info with the wider fanbase.

PS - if anyone is keen to join the P&B Pars supporters group and have the opportunity to attend future meetings, please let me know and we can add you to the group chat. Aware people might have missed my post about it a couple of weeks ago.

@Rob1885for reference

43 minutes ago, Gibb20 said:

Anyone recall what we paid for Edwards? i don't believe he was a free transfer, was he?

think we loaned someone to Airdrie as part of the deal - Callum Smith maybe? Probably not much cash, if any.

2 hours ago, Gibb20 said:

Anyone recall what we paid for Edwards? i don't believe he was a free transfer, was he?

There was a fee I believe because he was under contract at the time, think it was a pretty small fee tho with Callum Smith coming to us on loan as well. I'd like to think we'd have a small sell on fee percentage surely as well.

33 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

There was a fee I believe because he was under contract at the time, think it was a pretty small fee tho with Callum Smith coming to us on loan as well. I'd like to think we'd have a small sell on fee percentage surely as well.

You'd think so anyway

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Is there anything in the rumours that Quitongo is signing for the Pars?

there's barely any rumours, but that's common for us.

On edwards, it's been expected for a while and isn't bad business but I do think it's a bit minter to be posting compilation videos of a player leaving the club especially when the rumoured fee isn't particularly spectacular. 

11 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Is there anything in the rumours that Quitongo is signing for the Pars?

It's not rumours, it's one guy on the wind up.