Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Yet we were good enough to coast to 2nd last season playing the same "young players with zero experience, strength or tactical awareness"?

Talk shite.

First half of the season we were great then as I said teams sussed us out.

We fell away after January. If you think we are good tactically then please go and see a doctor.

Just a wee update for Pars fans. Forbes had another good game last night v Stirling. Since joining he has had 8 starts during which we are undefeated with 20 points from 24. Just saying!

Edited by USTon

I think we can determine now that Potter won't be kept in charge next season, but would like to hear other Pars fans opinions on who to bring in. This season is easily worse than the tenure of Kenny debacle and I, for one, can't wait for it to be over and out my memory. This isn't a reaction to tonight's game, might I add.

As for who to bring in, if it was at all affordable, I'd be looking at Allan Johnston or Steve Aitken (provided Morton pip Stranraer to promotion, which they will)

Bring back Jimmy C.

Plays attacking football n done a good job pretty much everywhere he has went.

Some people will spout on about how he overspent, not his fault at all the board gave him a high budget.

Won't happen but he would be my first choice.

I want a manager who plays with wingers and tries to play attacking football.

First half of the season we were great then as I said teams sussed us out.

We fell away after January. If you think we are good tactically then please go and see a doctor.

Except that's not quite true either.

Aldo who is saying we are good tactically?

Cameron is a strange one tbh. I was absolutely delighted we signed him, and I still think he's the best man for the job, but we have been pathetic in the league. He's a man who's done it all before though, so I retain the faith in that respect. I perhaps worry his full-time head of coaching job with EduSport means he's spending more time thinking of them players than ours though.

Bring back Jimmy C.

Plays attacking football n done a good job pretty much everywhere he has went.

Some people will spout on about how he overspent, not his fault at all the board gave him a high budget.

Won't happen but he would be my first choice.

I want a manager who plays with wingers and tries to play attacking football.

He was at the Morton game in hospitality earlier in the season. Pretty sure he applied for the Ayr job.

Did Jimmy C really play with wingers though? IIRC it was usually 3 in the middle with wingbacks.

To be fair to JJ & Potter the weird one-winger formation did work for a while when we had Cardle on the left & Wallace drifting wide on the other side. That's been over a year now that it hasn't been working though. Potter seems determined to keep it :(

Said it when Jefferies left, yet i would like to see the board offer the job to Derek Adams.

I know he holds a good opinion about the club, not sure whether he would take the job, yet if you don't ask, you don't get. You would be hard pressed to find a better management option out there who despite his age is very experienced and has a successful track record.

I liked Calderwood, yet nowadays he would be like Jefferies so i would avoid. Anyone whose currently at the club shouldn't be considered for the job either.

A few home truths

Posted from the Android app Topic Originator: Pars Will Never Die

Date: Wed 4 Mar 11:19

Some people have to accept that we are at our level just now i.e. a mid table League 1 side and that we over achieved brilliantly last season.

Jim Jefferies was quoted as saying that he had taken this squad as far as he could and did the same as Alex Ferguson and Walter Smith did, left a mess for his successor to clean up.

The fact that folk and wailing and gnashing their teeth over an away draw at the form team in the division shows that many people were spoiled in the Calderwood years and as a result of this have become delusional (Hence, the cries to get Calderwood back).

To put things in context Brechin are currently undefeated in 16(SIXTEEN) league games while we had come off three straight losses. It wasn't pretty at times but we did what we had to do, sometimes hoofing the ball out of the ground is exactly the right thing to do.

I know this season has been disappointing, upsetting even as we haven't even touched the form we were in last season but reading posts from people on here you have to question the mentality of people who claim to be Pars fans. If losing games upsets you then go follow Celtic or Hearts or someone who wins more than they lose because you won't get that following The Pars.

Like I said it's been a poor season but perhaps that's more to do with the over achievement of last season than the under achievement of this one. I am not in any way using this a justification for recent results and performances.

It is what it is, best thing to do is get behind the team and we can build on the point we got yesterday night.

Fwiw I still think the squad and management need emptied in the summer but cross that bridge when we get to it.

Post Edited (Wed 04 Mar 11:21)

Overachieved last season?

Ok, seriously wtf?

Getting absolutely pumped from a part time Cowden side with younger players on peanuts and a manager with nine months less to organise the side is overachieving?

Why can't people speak the truth on that site? Potter has been a disaster and so was JJ. This has nothing to do with the fans.

Are Rangers fans now saying they are overachieving? Are they feck.

Edited by D.A.F.C

Surprising he normally talks sense.

I can't see how we overachieved in any way shape or form last season. Most people I know thought it was a total abject failure. Embarrassing in fact.

Budget, talent pool, management experience everything is far superior to all of the other sides. We had bigger crowds than the rest of the sides put together. I do get that we are rubbish and I expected us to struggle maybe at mid table championship level until we found our feet.

Our level with current budget and resources should be above Cowden, Alloa, Livvy and Rovers. We get bigger crowds, have the centenary fund and have zero debts. So why not? Underachieving badly, really badly.

Yes, it does sound daft but that game was basically the same highlights package of the season from January onwards. Sloppy goals, poor tactics and weak inept players. We didn't learn our lessons at all, even when we were winning there was lots dodgy comeback games where we were relying on turnarounds.

Analogy would be watching some daft wee kid doing tricks on a bmx and only just pulling them off then to finally watch him crash into a wall at the end of the race. A good manager would have spotted the mistakes from the Alloa game and corrected them but a year later we are still making them.

The first six months of last season covered up lots of mistakes and poor management. How many games did we concede daft goals in? Most of them probably.