Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I quite liked Potter's comments this week. You could sense his frustration and the realisation that he, and most of the players, will be out the door if they didn't make some spectacular progression in the remaining games. In the wake of the whole admin process there has been a sense of 'lucky to just have a team' but also a strange sense of entitlement about us being a 'big' club and how we 'shouldn't be in this league'.

I'd only bank on us getting about four points from the remaining games but the next two games are the ones where we could pick up points. I don't see it happening but two good results in the coming weeks could suddenly make the Morton game a chance to get right into the mix with four games left.

Brilliant header by Geggan (couldn't go on Saturday - just watched the highlights). He has fluffed so many chances this season and that was probably the most difficult, skillful finish he has faced.

Kudos to Potter, the back four looks more solid IMO.

He's following the old Bert Paton mantra that defenders are generally crap footballers so stick midfielders at the back whenever possible. With Buchanan being out, sticking McAusland back there was a great move. A bit of physical presence and comfortable on the ball. There's maybe a bit of hope for Potter yet!

Quite liked the look of McAusland on Tuesday night at Brechin, although he played at centre half he was willing to take the ball for a run from the back. Such a simple move but it's something we never seem to do.

Would like to see us continue with that team and lineup for the next few games with the exception of maybe Buchanan for Martin and rotating Ryan T/ Geggan/Spence and using Falkingham or Byrne as the attacking option in midfield.

Kudos to Potter, the back four looks more solid IMO.

So........not continuing with that line up then?!

Same team on Saturday please.

No, same formation with one or two tweaks maybe?

Reckon Potter will bring back Buchanan and Falkingham.

Yeah maybe Gregor at the back with Kyle taking Spences place. Two wingers against Stirling is a must though. Geggan looked more at home in central midfield. Certainly wouldn't be in a rush to crowbar Josh back in to the team.

In the wake of the whole admin process there has been a sense of 'lucky to just have a team' but also a strange sense of entitlement about us being a 'big' club and how we 'shouldn't be in this league'.

Re the bit in bold - I know what you mean, mate. My lot were rank rotten last season and fully deserved the drop, but some of the steamers in our support posting on here come across with the same Billy Bigtime arrogance that we all hated to see from the Gruesome Twosome support in their prime.

Yeah, a lot of it is passed off as "banter" and weak attempts at trolling, but there are still some eejits who believe it.

Muppets.

Re the bit in bold - I know what you mean, mate. My lot were rank rotten last season and fully deserved the drop, but some of the steamers in our support posting on here come across with the same Billy Bigtime arrogance that we all hated to see from the Gruesome Twosome support in their prime.

Yeah, a lot of it is passed off as "banter" and weak attempts at trolling, but there are still some eejits who believe it.

Muppets.

It was more comments from some of our players and coaches over the last year or so that bugged me rather than the attitude of fans. There seemed to be a sense that because we were full time and a 'massive club' we'd eventually overcome these part timers and get back to where we 'belong'.

It was more comments from some of our players and coaches over the last year or so that bugged me rather than the attitude of fans. There seemed to be a sense that because we were full time and a 'massive club' we'd eventually overcome these part timers and get back to where we 'belong'.

tbh, most of our first-team pool only arrived last summer so can't accuse them of that kind of behaviour. You hope that results like Saturday's will tone some of the mouths-on-sticks down a bit, but I doubt it.......

Was just look at the report on BBC for the last match for Morton against Forfar at Cappielow. The league table at that point was after 12 games. Forfar led with 22 points, Morton and Dunfermline were on 21 and Stranraer on 20. Since then, Morton have had 30 points from 15 games, Stranraer, 29 from 15, Forfar 23 from 14 and Dunfermline 16 from 15.

It would seem that Jeffries was doing significantly better than Potter. 16 Points from 15 translated to a whole season is play off spot territory.

Aye, we're doing pretty shite mate, cheers for the breaking news.

Aye, we knew already, but its worth repeating.

Of course we didn't just need to turn up but it's a massive failure we haven't been able to win the title this season.

It is a true testament to how shite this league is that we can still possibly finish in the play-offs* yet don't have to worry about relegation. We've won ONE game against a top 5 team all season.

*To clarify: we will NOT be finishing in the play-offs. Merely pointing out that it's still possible.

No reason other than terrible mismanagement on the pitch as to why we aren't several points clear.

Ridiculous that we even have an outside chance of making the playoffs.

None of the sides above us are close to decent is the worst bit. Would be surprised if any of the sides who go up this season stay up.

That's what's so frustrating, we basically shot ourselves in the foot in many games but not taking chances and leaking soft goals.

Still think if we win the next two we will have a say, very slim chance.

It is a true testament to how shite this league is that we can still possibly finish in the play-offs* yet don't have to worry about relegation. We've won ONE game against a top 5 team all season.

*To clarify: we will NOT be finishing in the play-offs. Merely pointing out that it's still possible.

What a bunch of drama queens, bleating on about "how shite this league is". You realise how ridiculously arrogant you look to fans of every other team above & around us. No wonder we're despised so much.

What a bunch of drama queens, bleating on about "how shite this league is". You realise how ridiculously arrogant you look to fans of every other team above & around us. No wonder we're despised so much.

It really is a shite league though. Not going up last season was a complete and utter failure, however the season we've had so far is making 2013/14 look like a success as we actually got as far as the playoff final.