P&B subcrawl

laugh.gif In that place i had an unbelievable amount of trouble in asking for a pint and if they had any peanuts. The girl behind the bar simply could not comprehend the notion of peanuts being sold in a pub, so i left with just the pint. As i turned i overheard Sweet Pete asking for the Black and Tan and i remember contemplating whether i should turn to him and just say that it wasn't worth the bother asking for anything other than some beer in a glass

You laugh, but it's true. I tried just using the normal camera, but it only flashes when taking a picture. I'm buggered if I'm buying a flashlight app just for the sake of a subcrawl.

bring a candle next time laugh.gif

laugh.gif In that place i had an unbelievable amount of trouble in asking for a pint and if they had any peanuts. The girl behind the bar simply could not comprehend the notion of peanuts being sold in a pub, so i left with just the pint. As i turned i overheard Sweet Pete asking for the Black and Tan and i remember contemplating whether i should turn to him and just say that it wasn't worth the bother asking for anything other than some beer in a glass

She thought it was a vodka and coke. Then I had to argue the toss with her and another bird to get Mrs M's drink changed. You just know they thought "toffs".

I didn't know about that, (The Kensington) if that was the pub in question, things got rapidly better on the way back to the station courtesy of Itzdrk.

The only other place that I recall any animosity was the Lord Nelson when the chap in the wheelchair got a bit narky.

I was talking about the one with no toilet lights on. When I asked the bar staff "how much for lightbulbs?" the skinhead guy who was calling the shots whilst having a pint complained to me pointedly that they don't usually have to bother turning them on for their usual customer numbers.

I was talking about the one with no toilet lights on. When I asked the bar staff "how much for lightbulbs?" the skinhead guy who was calling the shots whilst having a pint complained to me pointedly that they don't usually have to bother turning them on for their usual customer numbers.

Ah that one, IIRC we took turns holding to door open to illuminate the stalls, LM came up with her individual solution, I believe copies are available at the Barras.