Dredd

EdgarusQPFC

Karl Urban trying to talk up a sequel.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63344

If any film over the last few years deserves a chance to progress the story and characters, it's Dredd.

Not sure about "deserves", it was an excellent film and captured MC1 just as I had always envisioned it, excellent bad guys and Gal too. Still, comic films have to be from mega comics to make it to sequels, Marvel and DC stuff only I'm afraid.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about "deserves", it was an excellent film and captured MC1 just as I had always envisioned it, excellent bad guys and Gal too. Still, comic films have to be from mega comics to make it to sequels, Marvel and DC stuff only I'm afraid.

Hellboy?

The difference with Dredd was they made it alot darker than most of the other comic book titles than have come out (maybe Blade being one of the few exceptions) with that in mind they aren't trying to cater to the kiddie factor and leaves them a bit more creative freedom. Hopefully

Interesting. This movement seems to have picked up some steam. I got invited to this FB group - Make a DREDD Sequel today.

Completely agree, I fucking love the movie. Watched the BluRay couple days ago, fucking ace.

300, Men in Black, The Crow, Red, 30 Days of Night, The Mask and Sin City (300 and Sin City have sequels coming).

Not sure if you meant in the main continuity or not, but Kick Ass is only on a label owned by Marvel.

Maybe this time the studio won't try to f**k Dredd if they do get a second film.

Interesting. This movement seems to have picked up some steam. I got invited to this FB group - Make a DREDD Sequel today.

Completely agree, I fucking love the movie. Watched the BluRay couple days ago, fucking ace.

300, Men in Black, The Crow, Red, 30 Days of Night, The Mask and Sin City (300 and Sin City have sequels coming).

Not sure if you meant in the main continuity or not, but Kick Ass is only on a label owned by Marvel.

Maybe this time the studio won't try to f**k Dredd if they do get a second film.

Yeah im in the facebook group already seems to have alot of members and support already

300, 30 days of night and sin city were fine, properly envisioned and adult. MiB, Red and the Mask were, imho, kiddie winkie stuff.

300, 30 days of night and sin city were fine, properly envisioned and adult. MiB, Red and the Mask were, imho, kiddie winkie stuff.

That's not what you said though, you claimed you had to be from Marvel or DC to get sequels, I gave you like 7/8 examples.

I'm not sure why they need to be "adult", that's a complete copout. It only requires it to be if the comic is like that, things like Sin City and Watchmen need to be. Men in Black and The Mask clearly don't need to be.

Red was a quality film and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

I think the 300 film is a prequel. Still should be decent, as 300 was tremense.

Dredd was also very good. I would certainly not be against a sequel.

• 1 year later...

Karl Urban teasing us like f**k with talk again of a sequel/prequel. Don't imagine there is anything in this other than trying to remind folk about it.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=42108

I genuinely think he likes the character that much that he's desperate to get this done.

• 2 years later...

Would love to see a sequel and Karl Urban/Olivia Thirlby reprising their roles. I think Dredd was a far better film that Stallone's piece of crap, even if the 90's film had a slightly better fleshed out world (don't tell me you didn't think the ABC Warrior wasn't awesome when you saw it).

13 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Would love to see a sequel and Karl Urban/Olivia Thirlby reprising their roles. I think Dredd was a far better film that Stallone's piece of crap, even if the 90's film had a slightly better fleshed out world (don't tell me you didn't think the ABC Warrior wasn't awesome when you saw it).

I always thought they got the look right for the Stallone film.  It was just everything else that was horrible.

Archived