The LOLverpool Thread

You or yesterday's 5-0 win won't change my opinion that Kenny Dalglish should have been given longer. Don't get me wrong the owners decided on a young 'up and coming manager' and he's got mine and the majority of others backing from the stands.

Looking at yesterday's side - what Dalglish would have given for a fully fit Lucas and Gerrard in the middle of the park. His much maligned signings Downing and Henderson finally starting to look the part. Enrique's injured but he's been excellent.

Rodgers has added Sturridge, Borini, Allen, Assaidi and Sahin has come and gone. Promoted Sterling and Wisdom to the first team both of whom he inherited. We'll never know who Dalglish would have added, but he'd have held onto Carroll and possibly Charlie Adam.

7th in the table without a win against any side in the top half of the table Dalglish would have had them higher up for me. Long term will Rodgers take the club further...time will tell and let's hope so eh? ;-)

I posted this in response to H_B back in January.

Who do you see catching Spurs now?

I think Chelsea will be third.

Arsenal still have a very decent shot at 4th as well. I'd need to check but I expect they were this far behind at least last year and won something ridiculous like 8 of the last 9. spurs look solid though - they deserve to match last year's 4th position.

• 5 months later...

Good win today. Important that we follow it up unlike last season. Top 4 still looks out of reach for me because of the money Tottingham spent, however, We'll get an added bit of [footballing] class when Suarez comes back into the fold.

I seen a stat that of every game Suarez missed suspended this season and last Liverpool lost just 1.

From memory it was around 15 matches in total.

Not many draws either.

If I find it I will post the exact numbers.

Doubt any of the big premiership teams would do as well without their top player.

From his current 10 match ban Liverpool have won 7 and drew 1 minus Suarez.

The last 2 games are Swansea away and Southampton at home.

Edited by Gaz FFC

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe it! Just when we start to look a force to be reckoned with we lose at home to Southampton. We just shouldn't be losing to teams like that. Coutinho is a big miss. Can't wait to see him play with Suarez! Where do you think Rodgers will play Suarez, in behind Sturridge or out wide or back up top. I would go with him in the hole behind Sturridge with coutinho & mosses left & right.

Almost home from the game. I'm not overly surprised that Liverpool dropped points today as the first 4 games involved a fair bit of luck and this had banana skin written all over it. However the manor of defeat was very disappointing no spark nothing. Roll on Wednesday.

Not really much shame, Southampton are a good team. They take points off a lot of top teams

probably the manner in which they did it against liverpool, southampton could have easily scored a lot more, i know liverpool could of has a couple also but their defending all game was abysmal, i know rodgers likes to play nice football but sometimes you just need your defenders to launch it to f**k and allow your team to gets its shape back

Same for newcastle yesterday, too much fannying about at the back when a good 60 yard punt helps relieve the pressure for maybe 30 seconds allowing your defenders to get their defensive line back