Oh it makes me feel like singing the blues

13 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This season we’ve been more like Frank Zappa sometimes undeniably brilliant and sometimes difficult to endure with the principle effect on the audience being just confusion

Zappa always makes me recall a guy who occasionally supplied hash to the good citizens of Gilmerton in the 80s - he was a big Zappa fan, and lived in (what seemed to me) abject poverty with barely any furniture in his mums cooncil hoose in between stints in jail.

Great days !

16 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Even 12 bar form and the guitar aren’t fundamental.

St James Infirmary Blues for example is either an 8 bar form or sixteen depending on how you count it and was first popularised by Louis Armstrong 

ETA "(I never felt more like) Singing the Blues" by Guy Mitchell is also an 8 Bar Form

|I  |IV |I  |V7 |IV |V  |I  |I

• 2 months later...
On 08/05/2023 at 08:27, The Other Foot said:

That’s not fair mate, @Elixir and @Kyle Reese had speaking slots at the annual incel world expo this year. 

My Mum went in to hospital around then, and she died on the 22nd March. She died in really traumatising circumstances, and I had to listen to her screaming for hours. Thanks though, nice to be called an “incel” for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Your own Mum must be proud. 👍

Edited by Kyle Reese
Accidentally put the wrong month

On 16/04/2023 at 00:20, Crawford Bridge said:

Screenshot_20230416_001559.thumb.jpg.20db81c826820d6797ef550d5b113191.jpgScreenshot_20230416_001735.thumb.jpg.583ad62ba23aa674eb46eb8028b64b44.jpg

A pair of absolute shitebags. 

Strange behaviour. I lost my Mum after weeks of her being in agony after going in to the Borders General Hospital in March. I had to listen to her screaming for over 12 hours the night she passed away, weeks later on 22nd March. I was certainly shiteing it every day I travelled in to see her and watched her getting steadily worse. I think I was quite brave afterwards though, when I had to be the strong one for my dad and sister. 

Never really considered myself a shitebag before… maybe, I am. Who knows.

Edited by Kyle Reese
Wrong date entered

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

My Mum went in to hospital around then, and she died on the 22nd March. She died in really traumatising circumstances, and I had to listen to her screaming for hours. Thanks though, nice to be called an “incel” for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Your own Mum must be proud. 👍

Very sorry to hear that KR.  You are one of the good guys around here.

Thoughts with your poor mum and family.

Edited by Hoose Rice

56 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Sorry to read about your loss @Kyle Reese 

Thank you. It’s fine, it’s not like people would know. Calling me an “incel” however? What the actual f**k is all that about? Weird behaviour.

I am not a moderator but if that was me, I would be treating that the same as calling someone a paedophile or a rapist. 

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Thank you. It’s fine, it’s not like people would know. Calling me an “incel” however? What the actual f**k is all that about? Weird behaviour.

I am not a moderator but if that was me, I would be treating that the same as calling someone a paedophile or a rapist. 

Kyle, sure you have said to me before don't let people get to you.  

Randoms on the internet, for all the random tit for tats we had in the past I know you're a good lad and most others will too.  f**k randoms. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Back on topic, I would like to take the opportunity on behalf of Hibernian, the inventors of European football, to comiserate the Jambos on their unlucky result this evening. Not every team is cut out for European glory.

That's what I like to see, a smug Hibby at half time.  What could possibly go wrong?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...