MMA Thread

Shuggie_Murray7

While I lean towards Mein in that fight, I think it's pretty two sided stuff. I'm not completely convinced by Mein, and Brown isn't all that bad a fighter.

That's my thinking too, Mein is pretty unproven and Brown is a sizeable step up from Dan Miller, especially on short(ish) notice. I've put 3/1 up on Betfair which should hopefully get matched.

I think Larkin will outwrestle Carmont, Tom Lawlor did it and beat Carmont IMO.

Henderson looked like he had a bad cut, looked terrible at the weigh ins.

I always think that about him every time he fights. I think he likes to leave it as late as possible and doesn't take it seriously until the last few days. Don't forget Melendez is the naturally smaller man as well.

I always think that about him every time he fights. I think he likes to leave it as late as possible and doesn't take it seriously until the last few days. Don't forget Melendez is the naturally smaller man as well.

His cut was the worst of his career. He was all over the water bottle like he had been stranded in the Vegas desert for a month. I was picking him the weigh ins, not so sure now.

Damn good card to me. 8/10 of those fights look excellent.

Meant to be a supershow though. I went last year when they announced Silva vs. Sonnen, Cruz vs. Faber, Bisping vs. Stann and Ortiz vs. Griffin all booked (granted, injuries ruined that but that was the announced fights).

Edited by RobbieD

His cut was the worst of his career. He was all over the water bottle like he had been stranded in the Vegas desert for a month. I was picking him the weigh ins, not so sure now.

Henderson regularly struggles to make weight, he looked like he'd had a hell of a time pre-Diaz. And strolled it.

Meant to be a supershow though. I went last year when they announced Silva vs. Sonnen, Cruz vs. Faber, Bisping vs. Stann and Ortiz vs. Griffin all booked (granted, injuries ruined that but that was the announced fights).

Well the Independence Day weekend is traditionally a 'supershow' i dunno maybe something gives given they will have the 20th anniversary show this year too which i imagine they will stack.

I'm more than happy with that card though, some of those prelims belong on PPV. Wouldn't complain to be going along to that.

Edited by Christophe