Depression

51 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’ve been feeling worse the last few days. Another year older. Hate the world we’re now living in and all the restrictions. I miss going out a long drive down to Dumfries and Galloway, or up to Loch Lomond. I keep wondering what my Dad would have made of this “new way of life”. I miss going to sports, I miss gigs. I miss going into shops whenever I want and not having to queue or made to feel that I’m dirty. I miss just going to get fast food or to a restaurant. I really miss my job. It’s looking likely that I won’t be back until Oct or whenever events restart again. Maybe my Dad had the right idea by leaving this world before it changed so dramatically 

Pretty sure that regardless of what your old man thought about this 'new way of life' (which won't be forever), he wouldn't want you feeling like this and contemplating leaving it. If there is such a thing as an afterlife and you were to see him there prematurely, I imagine he'd kick your arse for it, especially since he had no choice himself in going!

To answer your own question, what do you think he would have made of this? What would he say about it all?

It's tough for a lot of folk but things are going to eased very soon, and then more things, and then more, and soon enough we'll be out of this. Pretty sure you can take drives now, so why not start with that as soon as you can?

Bundesliga is on this weekend. Not the same as watching a game with fans or being there live but it's a start. Maybe watch a couple of games? It's a sign that things are moving in the right direction.

Quite a lot of bands are streaming things on weekends in social media. Might be worth checking a few out? Again, not the same, but a semblance of things.

45 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Pretty sure that regardless of what your old man thought about this 'new way of life' (which won't be forever), he wouldn't want you feeling like this and contemplating leaving it. If there is such a thing as an afterlife and you were to see him there prematurely, I imagine he'd kick your arse for it, especially since he had no choice himself in going!

To answer your own question, what do you think he would have made of this? What would he say about it all?

It's tough for a lot of folk but things are going to eased very soon, and then more things, and then more, and soon enough we'll be out of this. Pretty sure you can take drives now, so why not start with that as soon as you can?

Bundesliga is on this weekend. Not the same as watching a game with fans or being there live but it's a start. Maybe watch a couple of games? It's a sign that things are moving in the right direction.

Quite a lot of bands are streaming things on weekends in social media. Might be worth checking a few out? Again, not the same, but a semblance of things.

That first paragraph brought a tear to my eye. He sure wouldn’t be happy but I’d risk his wrath to see him again. 

I really don’t think we’ll be out of this until Oct at the earliest. You’re allowed to take shirt drives but sadly not ones 2hrs away. Hopefully that will be eased very soon. I’ll try and get the Bundesliga games online (I don’t have sky or bt sports). Reruns of old games just aren’t cutting it for me. Thanks for your reply and suggestions 👍

37 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That first paragraph brought a tear to my eye. He sure wouldn’t be happy but I’d risk his wrath to see him again. 

I really don’t think we’ll be out of this until Oct at the earliest. You’re allowed to take shirt drives but sadly not ones 2hrs away. Hopefully that will be eased very soon. I’ll try and get the Bundesliga games online (I don’t have sky or bt sports). Reruns of old games just aren’t cutting it for me. Thanks for your reply and suggestions 👍

You'll see him again when the time is right, but that time isn't now. What if you did yourself in and then went up to him saying how great it was to see you but he was so furious and devastated at you'd done that he told you to bolt and walked away from you?

That's a dangerous line of thought anyway and gives rise to the feeling that we only do or don't do certain things that should be personal just because of how they may be judged by others.

October seems ages away but it really isn't. Things will be getting eased long before then anyway. 

You can get a BT Sport month pass for £25. Might be a bit steep but if affordable could be good:

https://www.bt.com/sport/monthly-pass/?s_intcid=con_portal_sport_article-text-link_football_bundesliga_return

There's a BT app that you can get. From their website:

Now you can download the BT Sport App direct to your Apple TV, Xbox or Samsung Smart TV. Or you can attach a Google Chromecast and stream the app from your laptop, tablet or phone to your standard TV. And you can still watch it on your phone or tablet while you’re out and about

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’ve been feeling worse the last few days. Another year older. Hate the world we’re now living in and all the restrictions. I miss going out a long drive down to Dumfries and Galloway, or up to Loch Lomond. I keep wondering what my Dad would have made of this “new way of life”. I miss going to sports, I miss gigs. I miss going into shops whenever I want and not having to queue or made to feel that I’m dirty. I miss just going to get fast food or to a restaurant. I really miss my job. It’s looking likely that I won’t be back until Oct or whenever events restart again. Maybe my Dad had the right idea by leaving this world before it changed so dramatically 

I agree that this past couple of months have been unutterably crap.  I've been lucky in that I've had my eldest with me 'for the duration' even if we carp at each other now and then - and the release of lockdown can't come quick enough for both of us.

If I were yer auld man I'd say the world hasn't changed that much but has simply been on hold for a wee bit.  What I'd like to see you do is thrive and prosper.  You're clearly a thoroughly smart bloke and a credit to him.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You'll see him again when the time is right, but that time isn't now. What if you did yourself in and then went up to him saying how great it was to see you but he was so furious and devastated at you'd done that he told you to bolt and walked away from you?

That's a dangerous line of thought anyway and gives rise to the feeling that we only do or don't do certain things that should be personal just because of how they may be judged by others.

October seems ages away but it really isn't. Things will be getting eased long before then anyway. 

You can get a BT Sport month pass for £25. Might be a bit steep but if affordable could be good:

https://www.bt.com/sport/monthly-pass/?s_intcid=con_portal_sport_article-text-link_football_bundesliga_return

There's a BT app that you can get. From their website:

Now you can download the BT Sport App direct to your Apple TV, Xbox or Samsung Smart TV. Or you can attach a Google Chromecast and stream the app from your laptop, tablet or phone to your standard TV. And you can still watch it on your phone or tablet while you’re out and about

16 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I agree that this past couple of months have been unutterably crap.  I've been lucky in that I've had my eldest with me 'for the duration' even if we carp at each other now and then - and the release of lockdown can't come quick enough for both of us.

If I were yer auld man I'd say the world hasn't changed that much but has simply been on hold for a wee bit.  What I'd like to see you do is thrive and prosper.  You're clearly a thoroughly smart bloke and a credit to him.

Thanks lads. The advice and support means a lot. Appreciated 👍

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’ll try and get the Bundesliga games online 

Worst case scenario you'll get it on bet365

You don't need to place a bet either, just have a fiver in your account

I have been trying to remain positive for my wifes sake as she has been furloughed since March and has been told the earliest she will be back at work is July. Work has been okay, still doing the carepacks for the vulnerable but other than that it's not busy at all. I think today was the first day in a couple weeks where I felt proper down, maybe just need a proper goodnight sleep, hope everyone else is okay.

12 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You might not fancy it, but it’s live free football. The K league is being streamed live on youtube and twitter. 

24 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Around this time 11 years ago Mrs. RN #2 committed suicide.
I’m doing ok so far, maybe time is healing finally

ffs RN, heavy heavy scene.

My heart goes out to you.

Never really understood the time concept, the hurt for me got buried rather than going away. Some days i think feck it that was 20 years ago and then you remember it wasn't 20 years ago but 30 years. And of course the loved one doesn't grow old. They remain the same age in our minds forever.

4 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Around this time 11 years ago Mrs. RN #2 committed suicide.
I’m doing ok so far, maybe time is healing finally

Good.

(This too shall pass.)

On 12/05/2020 at 23:28, Thereisalight.. said:

As has been said, you'll get there. Look after yourself and those better days will come. They really will.