Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, sons'r'us said:

I hope there is a change of heart with ticket sales for this and they do indeed sell them right up until 2pm Saturday. There's absolutely no reason not to have tickets on sale on Saturday.

I'll not even go there about the game being all ticket to start with. I've had a good moan in recent weeks to some in the club about ticket games. It is about time those making these stupid decisions see some sense. Mr Jardine, etc are you listening?

In absolute fairness to the club there is now a notice on the OS advertising a range of times this week, including Thursday evening, when tickets can be purchased.  I doubt we'll see Saturday sales but I hope everyone who wishes to be there can get a ticket and we get a full home end this weekend.

As regards the decision to go all-ticket, I suspect that 'authorities' in some shape or form are behind this and not DFC.

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

In absolute fairness to the club there is now a notice on the OS advertising a range of times this week, including Thursday evening, when tickets can be purchased.  I doubt we'll see Saturday sales but I hope everyone who wishes to be there can get a ticket and we get a full home end this weekend.

As regards the decision to go all-ticket, I suspect that 'authorities' in some shape or form are behind this and not DFC.

Good that they're doing Thursday night too but your last line, I'm not convinced. We've had St Mirren visit on 3 occasions in the recent past and not once has it been all ticket. Why would the police now say it has to be ticketed? Suggests to me it's a club decision. Perhaps St Mirren think they'll sell more than 750. Or perhaps it's another bat shit crazy idea from someone at the club.

Fair enough but we'd probably find if it wasn't for a fans rep on the board then Thursday night sales would be off limits too.

I don't think for a minute though that any authorities are behind the decision.

I think the home club has to consult with the away club about how many fans the away club expects to travel. If the away club estimates more than 900 I think DFC are pretty much obliged to make it all ticket. That was the story I heard for the home league cup tie v Dundee Utd a few years ago.

10 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

I can see why this is all ticket. With hospitality sold out there isn't much spare room and it is possible that St Mirren expect a decent turnout with the game being crucial and at the time they had just had a really good cup win.

I can't.

The recent game V Hibs, I believe the attendance given was around 1,300-1,400.

Plenty of space in the Home end that day too.

Hospitality has its own rules it would seem, as 100 would appear to be the limit for this St Mirren game, instead of roughly 170 meaning 'sold out'.

Has anyone ever seen our Stand/Stadium jam packed full? Or attendance given as 2,000+?

2 hours ago, Always the Sons said:

Given all the recent nonsense about Sons favouring one cheek over the other, do you think they went too far balancing the bench yesterday by inviting the balaclava from the other side ? 

IMG_0023.JPG

Stevie Aitken just cannae stop grinning:)

aitken grin.jpg

I keep having to remind myself that, save Carswell and Nade yesterday, this is the same Sons team that prior to December were struggling to create chances from open play, let alone shots on target and goals. Our possession stats must have improved greatly as well and there's a lot more variety in our play. Credit is due to both players and management. Yesterday was as enjoyable as any game during Ian Murray's first 18 months. The transformation in Andy Stirling has been quite remarkable. He's playing like a man possessed. Calum Gallagher was also pretty effective in the half hour or so that he was given.

Carswell is a quietly tidy player. He gives the team a degree of protection and uses the ball sensibly. He'll never have an eye-catching performance, but you'd notice if he was struggling. I've been impressed with him - he lets the more attacking players be a bit more adventurous knowing that he's dependable to cover them. Stirling has been different class for the past month/6 weeks. The difference is night and day. It's clear that the gaffer got a reaction from his squad after the Bonnyrigg game.

8 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It's clear that the gaffer got a reaction from his squad after the Bonnyrigg game.

Or did the squad get a reaction from the manager when they told him they couldn't play like that any more and wanted to be more adventurous?

Edited by Sons FC

36 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Or did the squad get a reaction from the manager when they told him they couldn't play like that any more and wanted to be more adventurous?

Try not to over think things. It doesn't really matter how it panned out. Both the management team and every single player needed a kick up the arse after that game and the result seems to have had the desired effect thus far.

2 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Try not to over think things. It doesn't really matter how it panned out. Both the management team and every single player needed a kick up the arse after that game and the result seems to have had the desired effect thus far.

You are absolutely right - no need to dwell on any of this but it was worth mentioning in the context of Cameron's comment.

I keep having to remind myself that, save Carswell and Nade yesterday, this is the same Sons team that prior to December were struggling to create chances from open play, let alone shots on target and goals. Our possession stats must have improved greatly as well and there's a lot more variety in our play. Credit is due to both players and management. Yesterday was as enjoyable as any game during Ian Murray's first 18 months. The transformation in Andy Stirling has been quite remarkable. He's playing like a man possessed. Calum Gallagher was also pretty effective in the half hour or so that he was given.

Six changes from team that finished v Bonnyrigg Rose!

49 minutes ago, Dynamo 2013 said:

Six changes from team that finished v Bonnyrigg Rose!

Think the point is that with the exception of Nade and Carswell, every other player who started on Saturday was in our squad when we played Bonnyrigg. Obviously there was a couple of ineligible and injured players but the point stands.