Sons' sorrow

Jim Duffy could sign Douglas Bader and make him the league's best tough tackling midfielder by year's end.

Ye reckon there's any chance of a nominal fee being chucked about to make this go through tonight?

Nope. It would take us down to about 15 players with no time to source a replacement. The Duff also loves the Sons, and is desperate for us to stay up so he wouldn't want to do that.

If that was going to happen it would've been sorted early in the window.

52 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Nope. It would take us down to about 15 players with no time to source a replacement. The Duff also loves the Sons, and is desperate for us to stay up so he wouldn't want to do that.

If that was going to happen it would've been sorted early in the window.

To be fair, we are never going to pay a fee for anyone. I'm sure loanees can be signed for a bit after the window, obviously the same for free agents. So that wouldn't hold us back as such. But A. I can't see Morton wanting him that bad they will pay money. B. Stevie wouldn't want the squad being made any smaller at this stage, even if he could find someone in the coming weeks.

I take it that since no one has mentioned anything about Waddell leaving that nobody gives a f**k? 

It's hard to judge what sort of an impact he had, what he actually done with regards to training and match days and if there will be much change without him.

I wouldn't say we particularly need a coach outside of the manager and assistant.

Is he away to Stranraer as a coach or assistant gaffer?

On the OS Stevie said "We are sorry to lose Alan as he's a popular member of our backroom staff but I understand his reason for leaving." I can only assume that means he's away there as assistant, otherwise his reason for leaving would be fairly strange.

2 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Thomson signing a PCA with us rumour is 100% true. Think it was signed on Monday/Yesterday.

It is true, yes. I think the team were informed of it on Saturday. I just hope it doesn't affect his effort for the rest of this season, he seems a decent guy so I doubt it will.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It is true, yes. I think the team were informed of it on Saturday. I just hope it doesn't affect his effort for the rest of this season, he seems a decent guy so I doubt it will.

You'd hope not. Although Bobby Barr signed a PCA with Raith with 2/3 months of the season left last year and he didn't bother his arse for the rest of the time.

Signing a PCA is weird one when it comes to players continuing to give 100%. There must an element of fear regarding picking up a bad injury and it must be slightly weird when they are lining up against the club they are due to sign for.

I'm hoping it will lead to Gallagher getting a shot in the team at Thomson's expense, not because I want the manager to hold it against him, more due to the fact I think he deserves to be dropped.

Signing a PCA is weird one when it comes to players continuing to give 100%. There must an element of fear regarding picking up a bad injury and it must be slightly weird when they are lining up against the club they are due to sign for.

I'm hoping it will lead to Gallagher getting a shot in the team at Thomson's expense, not because I want the manager to hold it against him, more due to the fact I think he deserves to be dropped.

You wouldn't expect that we'd play him against Morton. If they are playing to get in to the play offs he'd presumably rather they won than we did. Although the fact that they've signed him would seem to indicate they have no intention of winning promotion