Sons' sorrow

Seeing as we don't have any signings as yet, how many training sessions are we actually gonna get in before the 1st games in the league cup? 4/5? Not really a lot considering we are PT and need to get a pre-season in

10 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

With Barr going to be head of youth at Morton. I assume they won't be affected by the project brace funding cuts that our youth development was hit with?

He isnt Head of Youth, he is their u20 Development Team Manager. U20s isnt funded at the moment so nothing will change there directly. 20s football comes under the auspices of the SPFL not the SFA. Their youth funding will be hit the same as yours, ours and everyone else outside the elite 16.

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Seeing as we don't have any signings as yet, how many training sessions are we actually gonna get in before the 1st games in the league cup? 4/5? Not really a lot considering we are PT and need to get a pre-season in

#questionmarktacticalgenius

Sooooo, does anyone know when Stevie is back from his holiday?
I'm starting to resign myself to the fact that we won't get any news until he's home.

He's away for 3 weeks so I'm guessing he's away for another week or so.

I do find it quite odd that he claimed in his interview that the busiest week for activity is the 2nd week in June and he's not even here for it. Not ideal tbh.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He's away for 3 weeks so I'm guessing he's away for another week or so.

I do find it quite odd that he claimed in his interview that the busiest week for activity is the 2nd week in June and he's not even here for it. Not ideal tbh.

In that case I think I'm going to go and support another club until July.

It is strange to miss it, but I'm desperately hoping it's not a big issue. Surely players will be fine speaking to Durrant in person, or Stevie on the phone? Surely...

That also blows out my theory that we're waiting for him to get back before announcing anything, so we could do the traditional handshake photo. If he was home on Friday or Saturday I could've seen that happening, but not if we have to wait another week.

What a weird few weeks this has been

In that case I think I'm going to go and support another club until July.
It is strange to miss it, but I'm desperately hoping it's not a big issue. Surely players will be fine speaking to Durrant in person, or Stevie on the phone? Surely...
That also blows out my theory that we're waiting for him to get back before announcing anything, so we could do the traditional handshake photo. If he was home on Friday or Saturday I could've seen that happening, but not if we have to wait another week.
What a weird few weeks this has been

You could go support Alloa with Aitken's Army. Just get yourself a wig and a banner and you're sorted.

7 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Good point made by Moonster in the ticket price thread...

I wonder if our new chairman is going to release some form statement, at the very least introducing himself to supporters and maybe giving us a few words on his aims and goals.

It's all well and good folk saying he's nice and friendly but we haven't heard a peep from the c**t so far. All he's done is come in, hike up prices and stay silent.

Bring back Alan Jardine 

Never thought I'd hear that lol

Andy Webster is available :whistle