Sons' sorrow

Any surveyor types want to help me out here to understand which part the Charge on the land relates to. 

The Charge document says says all of the land west of Castle Rd, "Excepting therferom all the subjects shown outlined in red".

The Title deed referred to has the full stadium footprint (Stand, Pitch, Car park areas and even some of the wooded area in front of the Castle ) outlined in red though.

I'm confused as to the colour coding for the pink and shaded areas AND as to why the Property Type is already deemed Residential?

The Rock.JPG

Thats what I presumed....as always the documents were written by people that like to obfuscate, show off their intelligent and then con you out more money 😜

..and the pink and shaded areas are already covered by a separate charge held by Rankine.?

Why the distinction on the shaded part? is that where the hazardous materials are buried or was the original intention to keep that as stadium parking?

(sorry its this or work!) 

Who knows what the plans will turn out to be, but the people that live on those house's bordering the land in question could potentially have a big say if they so wished. 

edit (or not if planning permission has already been approved for more houses). 

Edited by Dylangt7

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I made a posting last night hoping that the new owner(s) now steps forward quickly to take control of the club's future direction, and I hold to that view.  However, there is a chance that this may NOT happen and it will be left to the current DFC Board to manage preparations for next season.  In that event I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Duffy is offered a new contract on the twin basis that the club stayed up and it would be a much easier option than identifying and hiring a new management team.

This concerns me too. I’m worried they’re a bit in awe of Duffy because of his reputation and don’t have what it takes to part ways.

This concerns me too. I’m worried they’re a bit in awe of Duffy because of his reputation and don’t have what it takes to part ways.

Didn’t the board cancel meetings with Jim pre season, which delayed his eventual signing, which put us on the back foot ?

25 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Didn’t the board cancel meetings with Jim pre season, which delayed his eventual signing, which put us on the back foot ?

The board are absolutely to blame. They let Duffy take as long as he wanted by not setting a strict deadline and when Duffy finally decided he was staying we were miles behind everyone else. 

The more I think about it the more I think he’ll be offered a new deal. I just have a bad feeling and if he is indeed kept on I think there will be a lot of unhappy supporters. I think the board will view the playoff win as a success and I think the easy option for them is to keep him around. If he’s punted I’ll hold my hands up and give credit where it’s due.

The thought of another Jim Duffy pre season genuinely fills me with absolute dread, I’m desperate to get a bit of excitement back into my Sons supporting life and that generally starts with some exciting transfer business, something we haven’t experienced since August/September 2018. We have endure nearly 3 years worth of boring, uninspiring shite transfer windows and Duffyball. Enough is enough.

35 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Surely if the board cancelled meetings with Jim though, it’s hard to put any blame on him?

The board didn't sign an utterly shit squad and adopt an eye bleeding football style though. Duffy is entirely to blame for that. 

36 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Surely if the board cancelled meetings with Jim though, it’s hard to put any blame on him?

The board are to blame for farting about and whilst they have responsibility for the shite situation on the pitch that is mostly Jim Duffy’s doing. Why would we absolve him of blame for us being absolutely dug shite? He also farted around that summer he decided he was staying so he’s not entirely blameless for that either. Any gaffer worth their salt would’ve had signings in the pipeline and targets identified before agreeing to stay, Duffy stayed and just cobbled together any old shite he could find.

42 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The board are to blame for farting about and whilst they have responsibility for the shite situation on the pitch that is mostly Jim Duffy’s doing. Why would we absolve him of blame for us being absolutely dug shite? He also farted around that summer he decided he was staying so he’s not entirely blameless for that either. Any gaffer worth their salt would’ve had signings in the pipeline and targets identified before agreeing to stay, Duffy stayed and just cobbled together any old shite he could find.

I agree with most of the above but I really don't believe it's a shite squad.We have some very decent players just this season JD failed miserably to get them working as a team.I mean miles off it.Last night was a great example ..no real cohesion from midfield to attack.Frizzell vs 4 defenders and thats the way it's been most of this season.

I think a change is sorely needed and I say that as one of the main proponents on here  of giving JD the gig.Every manager has his time and I think we need new blood  in the dugout.Some players should be kept and work needs to start right now as this is one hell of a short close season.Basically 1 month til pre-season starts.One month to decide on the manager, and build some sort of squad.And if we want to keep some of our current players then we are talking 10 dys not 1 month.These guys will go if even a half decent  deal is thrown their way.

If we had been heading into the summer with Brabco still the majority shareholder and the standard mediocre budget then I'd have bee looking to retain all of the defence as I don't think we could have done much better at this level. The rest of the squad would leave with our best wishes.

As it stands though, with Cognitive Capital now in place, I'd want to know what their vision is for the club before anyone gets offered a deal. They could be all out the door potentially.

13 minutes ago, George Parr said:

As it stands though, with Cognitive Capital now in place, I'd want to know what their vision is for the club before anyone gets offered a deal. They could be all out the door potentially.

With Cognitive Capital in place we could all be out the door potentially. 

All chat of management and player changes really do rely on their intentions.  

With the whole Duffy thing I think there’s blame on both sides.  The board should have been stronger in giving him a deadline on making his decision last time, but equally before this season started Duffy’s signings looked lazy ones and there wasn’t much imagination or thinking outside the box.

If he’s motivated to stay and give us 100% in terms of trying to sign the very best we can get, then a full summer might reap a better squad than we assembled a year ago.  Although that’s a fairly big if and nobody really knows the current state of play in terms of where Duffy is at, our board are at and maybe the crux, where our new investors are at in terms of next season’s management.

19 minutes ago, NilNil said:

With the whole Duffy thing I think there’s blame on both sides.  The board should have been stronger in giving him a deadline on making his decision last time, but equally before this season started Duffy’s signings looked lazy ones and there wasn’t much imagination or thinking outside the box.

If he’s motivated to stay and give us 100% in terms of trying to sign the very best we can get, then a full summer might reap a better squad than we assembled a year ago.  Although that’s a fairly big if and nobody really knows the current state of play in terms of where Duffy is at, our board are at and maybe the crux, where our new investors are at in terms of next season’s management.

I'm not totally against Duffy. That was a highly unusual, probably never to be repeated season when we were playing three games a week for months, with players carrying injuries.

Almost nobody was against Duffy joining us. I don't think he got a fair chance with COVID and a low budget. If he sees a higher player-wage budget, keeps the majority of the defence together - remember we had the third best defence in the league- and had the money to bring in a couple of midfield/wingers and a couple of decent strikers, who knows how well he could do.

He does need to act quicker and better in pre-season and actually bring the players in rather than be left behind but let's not forget that none of the premier teams were loaning players out last season.