Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Absolute amateur hour on our twitter and website there. JD not the only one needing relieved of duties.

It happens. Things get uploaded a little bit earlier than intended. So they get taken down before going live again later. Could be something simple like the board wanting to have a final call with Duffy or a chat with him before the story went live as a matter of courtesy. 

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It happens. Things get uploaded a little bit earlier than intended. So they get taken down before going live again later. Could be something simple like the board wanting to have a final call with Duffy or a chat with him before the story went live as a matter of courtesy. 

If we’ve fired that up by mistake before we’ve actually informed the guy then that’s even worse tbh.

Correct decision and I'm glad the board feel we need a change of direction here. I fully expect the media to round on the club now for sacking poor Jim "who's done a great job on a shoestring budget" but I could not give a f**k. The worst season of football I've watched and I'm over the moon it's done and dusted with a fresh start to look forward to. 

Find a manager with a bit of enthusiasm, someone who will actually talk up his teams chances and have confidence they can entertain fans. 

8 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Definitely feels like the right decision, albeit Jim's not the worst manager we've ever had.

Anyway: new manager, new  majority shareholder, new squad, fans back in the grun. Fresh start all round next season.

This.

8 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Where else does it happen?

Didn't see Rangers announce Gerrard and take it down or Celtic announce Rodgers leaving and take it down.

Amateur.

13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If we’ve fired that up by mistake before we’ve actually informed the guy then that’s even worse tbh.

I very much doubt that, this has the look of a glitch rather than anything more sinister. 

That closing line in the statement could be exactly as it reads because until we have any sort of confirmation that the Kristoffersons are indeed football people then the DFC Board will need to attend to football matters. 

Edited to add that I've just noted that Wilf has posted above on the much bigger picture and it makes concerning viewing. 

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

I'd have preferred a closing date to be announced for applications, the last thing we want is the manager recruitment dragging well into June, Ideally you want the manager in place for the first week in June, gives them enough time to get on with a squad build, any later than that and we're into Duffy Transfer Window territory anyway and we're fucked. I dare say Jim would've been on a decent wedge too so perhaps a chance for us to trim some wages off the first team gaffer post. 

In the interests of chucking around names. How about Kris Doolan?

Young, has ambitions of getting into coaching, has played at a good level, is a model pro on the park and, as a striker, might play some more attacking football.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/kris-doolan-joins-thistle-weir-youth-academy-coaching-staff/

12 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Where else does it happen?

Didn't see Rangers announce Gerrard and take it down or Celtic announce Rodgers leaving and take it down.

Amateur.

We've done it before. Put stuff on the official site earlier than we'd meant to, taken it down and then uploaded the exact same story maybe an hour later.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Young, has ambitions of getting into coaching, has played at a good level, is a model pro on the park and, as a striker, might play some more attacking football.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/kris-doolan-joins-thistle-weir-youth-academy-coaching-staff/

Yes.  Someone along these lines for me all day long.  No dinosaurs please.

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Marvin Bartley is probably out of our reach but someone like that, a student of the game

3 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Think he has literally just been made assistant to Martindale at Livi the other day.

Yeah I read that. Listening to him on the radio as a pundit for the Kelty Brechin game yesterday, he really studies the game. Sounds really intelligent. I realise it won't be him but someone of that mindset would be ideal.

Edited to add: Involved with players union much like Jack Ross was, so has contacts

Edited by the snudge