Sons' sorrow

14 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Does it really matter? If they were personal then it crosses a line. He’s doing the job he’s employed to do, some may not agree but no one should be getting personal about it.

Ultimately Faz was tasked with getting us into the play offs, right now we are there, if we finish 4th then it will be job done as far as our daft board are concerned. Finish below 4th and they will need to answer some serious questions from the fans. 

Does not matter at the end of the day no, but some people might view them as out of order, others may not, we can't decide unless we know what they were.

5 minutes ago, Victor mcdade said:

Does not matter at the end of the day no, but some people might view them as out of order, others may not, we can't decide unless we know what they were.

I'd say if they were personal and/or family related then it doesn't really matter what was said tbh.

Hammer him for his tactics, team selection, touchline dress sense, hairstyle or whatever else. But making it personal to him as a man and his loved ones crosses a line.

21 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

Boycotting and protesting would only make the local board retreat further into their bunker.  Farrell is on a contract to the end of next season so he's not going anywhere willingly.

It's an awful situation and it may take a failure to finish in the top four for anything to happen.

Its true SF can stay unless pushed but Im not sure that the board will dig in.They are pretty sensitive to the fans as without us their game is up.Not sure how we would organise it but pressure needs to be brought upon them and change is needed desperately.Even as you say SF will not give up even if we miss out on top 4.

FARRELL OUT.

23 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Its true SF can stay unless pushed but Im not sure that the board will dig in.They are pretty sensitive to the fans as without us their game is up.Not sure how we would organise it but pressure needs to be brought upon them and change is needed desperately.Even as you say SF will not give up even if we miss out on top 4.

FARRELL OUT.

Hmm they've held out through a relegation and playoff embarrassments. I don't think they're that sensitive to the fans' view!

I absolutely agree about some kind of fan action, though. What they are sensitive to is being embarrassed publicly.

Edited by FifeSons

44 minutes ago, Victor mcdade said:

I don't think the comments are worth repeating. Personal remarks about his family, well over the line and tbh the person shouting them is lucky to still have their baws in a bag. 

38 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

FARRELL OUT.

Trust me, Mackay does not give one flying f**k what me, you or any other fan thinks. He simply doesn’t care about the supporters. 

The only thing he cares about is himself, hence why we seen him barking like a dug when an his name was brought to the publics attention recently.  

I won't repeat what was shouted, however it looked to me as if the boy regretted it as soon as it was shouted. He remained relatively quiet after it, i'd imagine he probably is regretting it himself as far as I know hes been a supporter for a while and is usually a regular home & away, I think its one of those things thats he just said it without thinking, possibly had a few drinks (no excuse by the way, but we have all done or said something stupid while pished) and that it'll be dealt with in whatever stevie/club sees fit. Hopefully that is the end of it and that in interest of all parties involved that it isnt repeated down the line.

15 minutes ago, DFCTTFM said:

I won't repeat what was shouted, however it looked to me as if the boy regretted it as soon as it was shouted. He remained relatively quiet after it, i'd imagine he probably is regretting it himself as far as I know hes been a supporter for a while and is usually a regular home & away, I think its one of those things thats he just said it without thinking, possibly had a few drinks (no excuse by the way, but we have all done or said something stupid while pished) and that it'll be dealt with in whatever stevie/club sees fit. Hopefully that is the end of it and that in interest of all parties involved that it isnt repeated down the line.

Easy enough to sort out. He should write to the club offering a full apology. Show a bit of contrition and that he regrets his comments. That would draw a line under the abuse and help focus things on deserved and justified criticism.

Removes the club's ability to shoot the messenger and ignore the underlying message.

On 16/02/2024 at 23:57, sons'r'us said:

I see there is a proposal.from St Pats to take over the running of East End Park in a 10 year lease which WDC is recommending as a money saving measure.

That would be a potential blow to the current Dumbarton utd and Riverside teams that train and play on it.

This made me think what a demand there could be be for our own 5G at the Rock and get better tie ins with local youth football.

If only our board would apply for grants such as the £175,000 ear marked for development of East Park instead of kidding us on we need to build houses on our car park to fund it.

Without being dramatic, its more than just a potential blow to those community clubs that currently use the facilities at EEP. In an area that already lacks enough football facilities which impacts all the local clubs equally, including St Pats, the park is already fully utilised during evenings and Saturdays for games. Importantly its grassroots and community clubs getting priority for under represented groups in football. As an example Monday night training after a few of the younger teams finish using their third of the pitch its the riverside champion team that train on a half, providing access to football for disabled and vulnerable adults. Games on a Saturday are obviously a bit more flexible given the home and away nature of fixtures but on Saturday there, it was a morning game and early afternoon game for DU girls and women's teams followed by a youth boys game in the afternoon. 

Hopefully there is a solution for all clubs, but the council aren't giving any info on how a loss making facility that requires regular large funding for upgrades, regular maintenance and repair, properly vetted and trained staffed to man while used in use by children and vulnerable adults can suddenly become viable for one club to run properly, certainly not be volunteers at arms length.

4 hours ago, Urban Spaceman said:

Without being dramatic, its more than just a potential blow to those community clubs that currently use the facilities at EEP. In an area that already lacks enough football facilities which impacts all the local clubs equally, including St Pats, the park is already fully utilised during evenings and Saturdays for games. Importantly its grassroots and community clubs getting priority for under represented groups in football. As an example Monday night training after a few of the younger teams finish using their third of the pitch its the riverside champion team that train on a half, providing access to football for disabled and vulnerable adults. Games on a Saturday are obviously a bit more flexible given the home and away nature of fixtures but on Saturday there, it was a morning game and early afternoon game for DU girls and women's teams followed by a youth boys game in the afternoon. 

Hopefully there is a solution for all clubs, but the council aren't giving any info on how a loss making facility that requires regular large funding for upgrades, regular maintenance and repair, properly vetted and trained staffed to man while used in use by children and vulnerable adults can suddenly become viable for one club to run properly, certainly not be volunteers at arms length.

St pats have issued a statement saying that EEP is only 1 of 2 possible venues they have been offered by the council. They also mentioned that no one would be put out of their lets (albeit some no doubt would be asked to move to accommodate St Pats. 
Whatever folk think of them, St Pats are keen to progress into senior football and have made big strides in doing so. They have a big support (just turn up to one of their games to see this) and this would undoubtedly grow if they get into the WoS. 
Ultimately the council are skint so if they can offload one of these pitches then it will save them money in the long run. 
it’s happening everywhere, look at Glasgow where a load of the Glasgow life facilities have been handed to WoS clubs to run and develop. Nethercraigs, Donald Dewar, Stepford, crownpoint and greenfields. 

13 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'd say if they were personal and/or family related then it doesn't really matter what was said tbh.

Hammer him for his tactics, team selection, touchline dress sense, hairstyle or whatever else. But making it personal to him as a man and his loved ones crosses a line.

Hairstyle and dress sense are personal FYI.

Bet I know who it was. If I get it just say yes or no to this clue: Joe 90.

18 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

St pats have issued a statement saying that EEP is only 1 of 2 possible venues they have been offered by the council. They also mentioned that no one would be put out of their lets (albeit some no doubt would be asked to move to accommodate St Pats. 
Whatever folk think of them, St Pats are keen to progress into senior football and have made big strides in doing so. They have a big support (just turn up to one of their games to see this) and this would undoubtedly grow if they get into the WoS. 
Ultimately the council are skint so if they can offload one of these pitches then it will save them money in the long run. 
it’s happening everywhere, look at Glasgow where a load of the Glasgow life facilities have been handed to WoS clubs to run and develop. Nethercraigs, Donald Dewar, Stepford, crownpoint and greenfields. 

I saw that, but St Pats statement and the council proposal contradict each other and cant both be true. They state they need two evenings for training and potentially every Saturday afternoon for games (1st and 2nd team) AND that no one with an existing let will be put out. But its already used every evening and over subscribed for games on a Saturday - so one of the statements has to give. I watch them myself when I can as well and was disappointed they didn't get in the WOSFL last year, so hope they do again. However that happening would exacerbate the problem further as they would be required to have access to an enclosed pitch for a minimum of 90 mins before kick off. So assuming a 2pm kick off from 12.30 on a Saturday the pitch is unavailable (and unused) for the existing clubs. Its not an amateur clubs fault there are a severe lack of facilities in the area but this is punishing hundreds of kids and adults. Sure there is a solution in anyone from the council actually engaged the community.

4 hours ago, Urban Spaceman said:

I saw that, but St Pats statement and the council proposal contradict each other and cant both be true. They state they need two evenings for training and potentially every Saturday afternoon for games (1st and 2nd team) AND that no one with an existing let will be put out. But its already used every evening and over subscribed for games on a Saturday - so one of the statements has to give. I watch them myself when I can as well and was disappointed they didn't get in the WOSFL last year, so hope they do again. However that happening would exacerbate the problem further as they would be required to have access to an enclosed pitch for a minimum of 90 mins before kick off. So assuming a 2pm kick off from 12.30 on a Saturday the pitch is unavailable (and unused) for the existing clubs. Its not an amateur clubs fault there are a severe lack of facilities in the area but this is punishing hundreds of kids and adults. Sure there is a solution in anyone from the council actually engaged the community.

I agree with you and as iv mentioned regardless of statements, something will need to give with regards to current lets.

no one can blame St Pats for being ambitious and wanting a steady home. If the council can save a few quid and not have to worry about the facility then it makes sense. There’s nothing stopping DU or Riverside individually or collectively applying to take over a facility in the area.  Presumably St Pats would need to find staff costs and maintenance so it maybe does depend on them getting into WoS. That being said I heard there’s a good chance of that happening this season. I reckon if they got into WoS they would surpass the VoL in terms of league position and support within 2 seasons and be chasing us down  to be the big boys in the town the way things are going.