Sons' sorrow

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

This aged well. 

Has he signed for someone?

ETA - I really hope you’ve seen the link on our thread 😂

Edited by SLClyde

As long as it isn't someone in the form if Edin Lynch or Gregg Wylde... could be anyone. Or it could be Moonster winding us all up at this stage, too 😂

Jan is also correct though, Rico loves the club and even turned up to some of the play-off matches. He hasn't played all that much in the last year. A quick checm suggests 3 appearances since the turn of the year.

On 24/05/2024 at 17:16, O'Kelly Isley III said:

An honest question..... how many Sons fans on here think that Newbury and Gallagher were crucial to our promotion ?  I certainly do and I'd be trying very hard to get them back next season.  I also think that re-signing too many of last season's squad could backfire badly, but I certainly don't include Lynas in that.

A fair point. Ultimately the team finished 4th in League 2, albeit we peaked very nicely indeed in the playoffs. Too many signings based on sentiment would be unwise

The only player I'm absolutely delighted we've signed up for next term is Brett Long. The value of having a good keeper when you're moving up a level, on a small budget, cannot be overstated.

Hopefully Stevie can do his usual and excel in his role as pre-season salesman to prospective recruits for the new season.   

Posted (edited)

Hope we get some teams we havent played for a while in the League Cup..Raith and ST Johnstone spring to mind...wouldnt be a wee trip to either of them.

Draw is today at 1pm.

Also seriously gagging for some signing news.Hope SF can do his magic and get us some decent signings.That is the part of being a manager he is best at IMO.

Edited by lorenzo71

9 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Hope we get some teams we havent played for a while in the League Cup..Raith and ST Johnstone spring to mind...wouldnt be a wee trip to either of them.

Draw is today at 1pm.

Also seriously gagging for some signing news.Hope SF can do his magic and get us some decent signings.That is the part of being a manager he is best at IMO.

I'm pretty sure we drew 0-0 at home to Raith in the League Cup two seasons ago.

48 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm pretty sure we drew 0-0 at home to Raith in the League Cup two seasons ago.

I have zero recollection of that.

41 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I couldn't give a monkeys who we get as it's just an extension of preseason priced up as competitive football. 

It is just that as you say but it does give us the chance to play or go to different places.I actually like it in as much as I m not that bothered about the results.It is a good money spinner for the club though as I gather it brought in about 30 grand last year .

Cove Rangers have just released Matty Shiels. Even though I'm sure he signed an 18 month deal there in January.

I thought he was our best player in the first-half of the season; at both left-back and centre-half. He's clearly pals with Carlo, is a local boy and played the best football of his career with us. So I'm hoping that Faz will have been straight on the blower about a return now we're back in the big(ger) leagues.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

Cove Rangers have just released Matty Shiels. Even though I'm sure he signed an 18 month deal there in January.

I thought he was our best player in the first-half of the season; at both left-back and centre-half. He's clearly pals with Carlo, is a local boy and played the best football of his career with us. So I'm hoping that Faz will have been straight on the blower about a return now we're back in the big(ger) leagues.

He would be perfect for us in L1.And im sure he would come with something to prove in this league.

SF...MAKE IT HAPPEN.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A bit of a honker of draw in the League Cup. Aberdeen, Airdrie, Queens and the chicken man’s circus freak show.

If its the dons away could be a wee cash boost.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A bit of a honker of draw in the League Cup. Aberdeen, Airdrie, Queens and the chicken man’s circus freak show.

Based on last season, does that mean it's Aberdeen (top seeds) and Queens (third seeds) away. Airdrie (second seeds) and Los Pollos Hermanos (bottom seeds) at home?

We seem to play Aberdeen at Pittodrie more often than we play some sides that we've actually shared a league with :lol:

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

Based on last season, does that mean it's Aberdeen (top seeds) and Queens (third seeds) away. Airdrie (second seeds) and Los Pollos Hermanos (bottom seeds) at home?

We seem to play Aberdeen at Pittodrie more often than we play some sides that we've actually shared a league with :lol:

I believe that is correct Mr Jan.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I believe that is correct Mr Jan.

Excellent. I'm away down south for the first matchday, so I'm partially delighted that I'm not potentially missing a trip somewhere exciting.