Sons' sorrow

That's the part that intrigues me. St Mirren are unlikely to pay any compensation and we would undoubtedly be looking for it. Still it was always likely that Murray would move on after 2 - 3 years so if he is going to go I'd as soon that he goes now and gives a new manager some time to prepare for a new season.

If his contract has an 'escape clause' then there would be very little need for any compensation, and I would hazard that may exactly be the case.

As for comments in interviews, well, they are just that.

Edited by Turnberry Fields Forever

Murray has shown nothing whatsoever in developing the youth at DFC. He has relied on loanees and quite frankly probably been a bit lucky that Alloa and Cowden were shite for last two seasons.

Classic example is let Prunty go to score a dozen at Airdrie and replace him with forwards who cant score a dozen between them. Kanes second stint, nothing special, Nish (tit) Campbell (runs a lot). Depend on a goalie we cant keep. Realise our magic signings of Van Dumpling and Lee Nightmair are poor, so end up rushing off to get a Celtic youth player cos we have none.

Not forgetting the two diddies fae Dundee Utd and St Johnstone and big Chris Dugshit.

We were poor last season, not all Murrays fault, but get him off the pedestal half you lot have hoisted him onto.

Is John McVey still available????????

I'm amazed at the negativity around Murray. Has everyone forgotten the the woeful 20 years in the 2nd & 3rd Divisions. Murray has completely overachieved since he came here and I couldn't give a flying one about blooding youngsters - staying up is all that matters.

I cannot think of another previous Sons manager who would have kept us in this league for so long. Every other part time team in Scotland is looking on enviously at Sons and our current position.

People need to get a grip.

Absolutely right. What is all this nonsense about Murray not being interested anymore and not up for the re-building challenge? That he doesn't have any decent contacts in the game and maybe it is time for him to go?

Says who? Where does this come from? Have any of you making these claims spoken with Murray about it? Or the club? Or any officials before spouting such absolute tripe?

Thought not.

Stop the nonsense. He is by far the best manager we have had some some considerable time - stop wishing him out the door.

Edited by Sons FC

Murray has shown nothing whatsoever in developing the youth at DFC. He has relied on loanees and quite frankly probably been a bit lucky that Alloa and Cowden were shite for last two seasons.

Classic example is let Prunty go to score a dozen at Airdrie and replace him with forwards who cant score a dozen between them. Kanes second stint, nothing special, Nish (tit) Campbell (runs a lot). Depend on a goalie we cant keep. Realise our magic signings of Van Dumpling and Lee Nightmair are poor, so end up rushing off to get a Celtic youth player cos we have none.

Not forgetting the two diddies fae Dundee Utd and St Johnstone and big Chris Dugshit.

We were poor last season, not all Murrays fault, but get him off the pedestal half you lot have hoisted him onto.

FFS you're a happy c**t, aren't you?

Anybody you actually rate?

Jeeeezzzzzzzz!

John McVey as in John McVeigh the weirdo, ref assaulting, bully? Would probably rank as the worst appointment in our history.

And goals for Airdrie against muck like Ayr and Dunfermline wouldn't necessarily translate into a Championship return.

Christ.

Kane spent a bit of time injured but the difference he gave us was unreal, gave us a cutting edge and if he had stayed on we would have been safe a long time before we were.

"Van dumpling" started pretty gash but I wonder how many games you actually watched him as he came onto a game and I would definitely not have him in the same bracket as lee mair.

We need to be realistic, we need to rely on getting a few good loan signings as we can't attract as many permanent players as full time outfits. Would you rather we loaned a quality keeper for a season or play someone who's prone to errors ?

I thought it was the right decision to let prunty go as he wasn't going to play as much as he wanted, don't think he would have had as much joy here as he has at airdrie. Hindsight says we should have held onto him though.

Team; Scotland.

No. of posts: 3

WUM, methinks.

Christ.

Kane spent a bit of time injured but the difference he gave us was unreal, gave us a cutting edge and if he had stayed on we would have been safe a long time before we were.

"Van dumpling" started pretty gash but I wonder how many games you actually watched him as he came onto a game and I would definitely not have him in the same bracket as lee mair.

We need to be realistic, we need to rely on getting a few good loan signings as we can't attract as many permanent players as full time outfits. Would you rather we loaned a quality keeper for a season or play someone who's prone to errors ?

I thought it was the right decision to let prunty go as he wasn't going to play as much as he wanted, don't think he would have had as much joy here as he has at airdrie. Hindsight says we should have held onto him though.

Spot on

Hiya Nishy, hiya pal. Still upset you didn't get the assistant's job?

If Murray has decided that it's time to move on then I hope he gets the St Mirren job. Far better for him to leave now than at the start of the new season or 4-5 games in, in the first managerial cull of 2015/16.

Plenty of managers looking for a gig and one or two promising guys in Leagues 1 and 2 looking for a step up. Maybe there's a chance for a rookie as Murray was.

On the discussion on Prunty, if he hadn't played for us and we were to sign an experienced player who had scored 12 for Airdrie last season, we'd count it as a decent signing I think.

If Murray has decided that it's time to move on then I hope he gets the St Mirren job. Far better for him to leave now than at the start of the new season or 4-5 games in, in the first managerial cull of 2015/16.

Plenty of managers looking for a gig and one or two promising guys in Leagues 1 and 2 looking for a step up. Maybe there's a chance for a rookie as Murray was.

On the discussion on Prunty, if he hadn't played for us and we were to sign an experienced player who had scored 12 for Airdrie last season, we'd count it as a decent signing I think.

I agree, but my worry is that how things would play out if Ian Murray doesn't get the job. Would we have a Manager who is really then on borrowed time, and trying to rebuild a squad ahead of the season - how would this feed into trying to retain and attract players ? Would we be entering the season always looking over our shoulders ?

I feel there's a lot here for the DFC Board to consider and possibly act on, as for the second season running the Manager is linked with another club. And it would be interesting to know if the overtures have been from him - no problem with ambition if that is the case but we have to protect our interests too.

These are all very intersting and valid points but they are all dependant on the fact that Murray has applied for the St Mirren job.

Although the possibility of Murray moving on is always an issue in close season, does anyone (other than that person on Twitter) know if he is being interviewed for certain?

Absolutely right. What is all this nonsense about Murray not being interested anymore and not up for the re-building challenge? That he doesn't have any decent contacts in the game and maybe it is time for him to go?

Says who? Where does this come from? Have any of you making these claims spoken with Murray about it? Or the club? Or any officials before spouting such absolute tripe?

Thought not.

Stop the nonsense. He is by far the best manager we have had some some considerable time - stop wishing him out the door.

If you were really interested and happy in your job and you were right up for the challenges you were about to face, would you apply for other jobs? If he doesn't want to be here then yes, it is time for him to go.

Does Murray have contacts in the game? The evidence suggest he has a few but not a lot. It doesn't mean we think he's shite and we're wishing him out the door. We need to accept that he's not the messiah and the man himself has said on many occasions, he will move on. If Murray is applying for other jobs then he just can't be fully committed here. That's fine, I have no problem with that, he's done a fantastic job and he would go with the thanks and praise of everyone at the club.

These are all very intersting and valid points but they are all dependant on the fact that Murray has applied for the St Mirren job.

Although the possibility of Murray moving on is always an issue in close season, does anyone (other than that person on Twitter) know if he is being interviewed for certain?

I'd have thought if it wasn't true then either DFC, SMFC or Murray himself would have rubbished it by now.