Sons' sorrow

The statement on our OS is very terse to say the least.

I got that impression myself. I was also surprised to see us announce the news before St Mirren.

Were our board even aware Murray had went for the job? Surely it would be common courtesy for him to keep them in the loop? At the end of the day we gave him the platform to build his managerial career with absolutely ziltch experience so I'd like to think he's not been sneaky about it. The statement would suggest the club aren't overly pleased.

Have to say I'm a bit surprised that he's gone to St Mirren. He's on a hiding to nothing there and failure to win promotion at the first time of asking will put him under great pressure. Given the other teams that are likely to be in the league and St Mirren's well documented lack of finance I'd be very surprised if he managed that. Still, good luck to him, apart from four games of course.

It depends who is still in this Division next season.

I don't think many Saints fans are expecting to win the title next season with the clubs that could potentially be in the league. I think realistically play offs and maybe an outside chance of promotion.

If Hibs and Rangers are both in the division next season then we have no chance of promotion and it would be unfair on Ian to have they sort of expectations.

I wonder if Teale fancies the Dumbarton job?

To be fair to Teale, he was getting a few decent results, his problem was, he had a mountain to climb after tommy craig left, I certainly wouldn't discount him, but he may stay as number 2 to Murray

His decent results came after St Mirren were already doomed. Nae denying he was left with a honking job but I watched some of their crucial relegation games and minus one performance against Celtic they were absolutely dreadful. One game against Motherwell produced one of the worst top flight performances I've seen in a long time.

His decent results came after St Mirren were already doomed. Nae denying he was left with a honking job but I watched some of their crucial relegation games and minus one performance against Celtic they were absolutely dreadful. One game against Motherwell produced one of the worst top flight performances I've seen in a long time.

They were good a fortnight ago when I was there watching Killie get horsed, but then Killie have a tendency to make shite teams look good.

They were good a fortnight ago when I was there watching Killie get horsed, but then Killie have a tendency to make shite teams look good.

Again though, the pressure was off, they were already done by that point.

I just don't think we should even be remotely considering Teale for the position. We have compo to soend and there are far, far better options out there.

*allan moore. Remember who told you*

Perhaps compo has not been agreed, but murray has told us he's going be it agreed and compensated or not. Could be on a dodgy wicket here.

Also, we'll never tempt a successful or ambitious part time manager such as mckinnon or aitken. We re at the top of the cycle and over achieving, they're on the up. Any decent part time mgr should be looking for a ft club next.

Most likely then it'll be a manager out of work or an older player looking to manage. Where's scott severin, was he not quoted before?

So...who's next for the Dumbarton hot seat? Here, The Dumbarton Terrace examines some who may (and in the last couple of cases, it really is only may) be contenders: https://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/sons-new-manager-the-possible-candidates/

More on IM's departure to come - been in meetings all day!