Sons' sorrow

If, by all accounts, ginge likes to play fast flowing football, then I'd think, aggy and Jk would be best suited to this style of play, Fleming is a master at the cross field pass, but probably a better impact sub, but his striking position was hard to come by during the Murray era,

If, by all accounts, ginge likes to play fast flowing football, then I'd think, aggy and Jk would be best suited to this style of play, Fleming is a master at the cross field pass, but probably a better impact sub, but his striking position was hard to come by during the Murray era,

Fleming is probably as good a replacement as any we could get for CT, if he is a bit more consistent! Aggy was my poty last year and improved hugely. Kirky had a difficult season, but really has so much ability it is unreal.

I think where Agnew is concerned SA would definitely wish to retain him - we obviously have our own opinion but it's always interesting to note how many other clubs' fans rate him too. As such, IM may wish to lure him to Paisley.

Graham and Fleming I would also retain but if they are kept on it may be on less than an automatic pick basis - we'll see soon enough.

As for Kirkpatrick, the boy does have tremendous skill but it tends to be limited to very short bursts. He has also got to learn when to release the pass and stop overdoing things, but I get the feeling that a new Manager could be just the motivation he needs.

Edited by Trawler Rum & Weetabix

As for Kirkpatrick, the boy does have tremendous skill but it tends to be limited to very short bursts. He has also got to learn when to release the pass and stop overdoing things, but I get the feeling that a new Manager could be just the motivation he needs.

The new manager you have appointed has a way of extracting the good from a player like Kirkpatrick..

I think where Agnew is concerned SA would definitely wish to retain him - we obviously have our own opinion but it's always interesting to note how many other clubs' fans rate him too. As such, IM may wish to lure him to Paisley.

Are you seriously suggesting that Agnew might be a target for St Mirren?

He was great last season (even said before he was my poty!!) But if St Mirren want to gain promotion they should be looking at better players than him. I fully expect they will be...

Whilst that may be true, Squeezebox, we know Ian Murray likes players he knows and Agnew has seldom let him down. It wouldn't be massively surprising for me if Murray threw him a deal but I hope he signs on with us. That said, I'm sure Aitken will have set any of the players he's offered deals a deadline so we'll see who from last seasons squad sign up in the next week and after that I think we can assume Stee is persuing other options.

Ewings was offered a contract by Muzz, I doubt he commands a big wage so he'll be a decent enough number 2.

I'm pretty sure Brian Reid released Mitchell from Ayr so that could further increase our chances of picking him up. We'll certainly sign another keeper.

Ewings was offered a contract by Muzz, I doubt he commands a big wage so he'll be a decent enough number 2.

I'm pretty sure Brian Reid released Mitchell from Ayr so that could further increase our chances of picking him up. We'll certainly sign another keeper.

I heard that he wanted Mitch to stay but the admin team fucked up..

We have an admin team?

As far as I was aware he agreed a deal elsewhere that fell through due to a change of manager.

I think you got the wrong end of the stick there Paddy. He was a stranraer fan referring to Brian Reid releasing david Mitchell from Ayr.

Maybe mitchell or back in for rogers me hopes

The only problem is, it is highly likely we won't find out about Rogers until well into August. We can't gamble on getting him back. That means signing a number 1, but if we do sign someone as a first choice 'keeper then would the signing be happy as backup... it is a bit of a dilemma really. Always is with loan signings to be honest. We have relied on them over the last couple of years, but you cannot gamble on getting players to cover certain positions.