Sons' sorrow

You could not make it up could you. I must admit that I have no memory of anyone saying that the stadium would be leased. Maybe more things are still to be revealed that no one remembers. I suggest tape recorders be taken to any further meetings.

Meanwhile will we ever discover the identities of the brabco 6. Reading conspiracy sites on the internet places them somewhere between alien reptiles and members of the illumanati.

Goodness knows what will become of the club . Mind though I notice that sepp blatter is now available for hire.

They will hardly agree a set rent for the duration of a 70 year lease (for example). They could agree an amount just now that is similar to about 10 pence in 70 years time.

They would 100% have the power to increase (or decrease) the amount we pay if they want to.

I can't believe this is even being discussed to be honest. I'd be deeply, deeply concerned if we were in a position where we didn't own our stadium. There are zero positives in paying rent.

That's what a peppercorn rent means - it is symbolic and often not paid. Your second line is nonsense. Commercial rent can only be increased if there is provision for a rent review within the lease document.

As a queens park fan... I reckon Miller will be a great signing, was my favourite player last year, scored some great goals, set peices/dead ball are nothing short of 1st class and was a leader in my eyes! Has a lot of passion for the game and sometimes it gets him into bother :( but none the less a great signing!

intriguing. I actually like this guy already, let's hope he can step up

Was just checking in here to see who the next Clyde signing would but could side tracked about your discussion about a new stadium. From a Clyde perspective our downfall can be traced back to selling Shawfield. Which left the club with no tangible assets. The lease we initially agreed at Broadwood was also ridiculous and now although we have it down to around 35k a year we have as much use of the stadium as anyone else who hires the pitch.

If I was a Dumbarton fan, I would be very wary of any deal which resulted you in leasing the new stadium even at a peppercorn rate.

You could not make it up could you. I must admit that I have no memory of anyone saying that the stadium would be leased. Maybe more things are still to be revealed that no one remembers. I suggest tape recorders be taken to any further meetings.

Meanwhile will we ever discover the identities of the brabco 6. Reading conspiracy sites on the internet places them somewhere between alien reptiles and members of the illumanati.

Goodness knows what will become of the club . Mind though I notice that sepp blatter is now available for hire.

I always wear a 'wire', on a daily basis, no need for me lugging around a cassette recorder.

David Icke controls the Alien Reptiles.

The Illuminati don't/doesn't exist.

The identities of the 'Brabco 6' will be known to the DFC board, one is Mr Wilson (on the DFC board), another is Mr Hosie, from a well known, local Sons-loving family.

I'll leave the internet conspiracy sites alone.

Sepp Bloatter certainly won't be in town any time soon.

Was just checking in here to see who the next Clyde signing would but could side tracked about your discussion about a new stadium. From a Clyde perspective our downfall can be traced back to selling Shawfield. Which left the club with no tangible assets. The lease we initially agreed at Broadwood was also ridiculous and now although we have it down to around 35k a year we have as much use of the stadium as anyone else who hires the pitch.

If I was a Dumbarton fan, I would be very wary of any deal which resulted you in leasing the new stadium even at a peppercorn rate.

Absolutely. The rent amount is almost irrelevant to me, we own our ground and would be mad to change that.

Some conflicting reports on this Miller lad so I guess it comes down to how Stee handles him (if he does indeed sign).

Grant Gallagher speaks to The Dumbarton Terrace here: https://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2015/06/03/grant-wants-another-reunion/

Judging by the interview and his Twitter he seems delighted to have joined us and sounds like he's looking forward to the challenge. Good stuff, I like how keen he is.