Sons' sorrow

I liked Gils. Not the best at crossing the ball but his work rate was good and he did a job for us. That said, new boss means new team. If Aitken wants to shape his own side then that's fine. Ultimately it's Aitken who is judged and who carries accountability for results. Best of luck to Gils but this is Aitken's Dumbarton and he's building his own side.

Wouldn't be the first time a business has given out mixed messages depending on who a person speaks with. Could easily be a case of a mistake being made rather than a deliberate attempt to dupe the fans. What is for certain is that we need to keep asking questions. If we're not happy with the answers then we act collectively to make our concerns known. Knowing Simon is keeping his interest in this going is a very good thing for the trust and the fans.

According to the BBC Murray will not be raiding the club for players:

"St Mirren boss Ian Murray says he won't be raiding former club Dumbarton since their part-time players cannot afford to take a drop in wages."

Nae luck Ian, sometimes being part-time actually has it's benefits in terms of being able to add to a players outside income bringin them well over what the likes of St Mirren could offer.

I certainly hope that if Aggy does have an offer from St Mirren that it comes nowhere near to matching our wage + his wage outside of part-time football. I'm not convinced full time would be a wise move for Aggy, too much to lose for what could be a year as a backup player.

According to the BBC Murray will not be raiding the club for players:

"St Mirren boss Ian Murray says he won't be raiding former club Dumbarton since their part-time players cannot afford to take a drop in wages."

Hmmm...I'd be careful of taking this at face value.

However, any part-time player with a job outside football considering going full-time has a big call to make. Suppose you were to sign for say Morton, and by early December the Manager was sacked, that could be a real game-changer in every respect.

It says the stadium will be owned and controlled by the club. it doesn't say anything about the land the stadium is to be built on.

Yes but if the club owns the stadium then by property law it also owns the land underneath it and the air above, it's all part of a very complex conveyancing law that contains lots of interesting clauses to cover flats etc and stopping people charging planes to fly over them etc.

I remember one team who had a new build stadium with a gym in it. On a match day they were only allowed a certain amount of the car park spaces and you had to park elsewhere, I think it was Clyde. So there can be problems caused by owning or renting only a part of a site.

I think Aitken has to be careful about how many of last years squad we lose. I cant help imagining that the players might consider that dfc needs them more than they need dfc, as such they might expect better pay. That said, £600 p wk is ridiculous for us. if thats what we're paying i hope someone's balancing the books.

I remember one team who had a new build stadium with a gym in it. On a match day they were only allowed a certain amount of the car park spaces and you had to park elsewhere, I think it was Clyde. So there can be problems caused by owning or renting only a part of a site.

I think Aitken has to be careful about how many of last years squad we lose. I cant help imagining that the players might consider that dfc needs them more than they need dfc, as such they might expect better pay. That said, £600 p wk is ridiculous for us. if thats what we're paying i hope someone's balancing the books.

Where did the 600 quid per week figure come from?

I realise that I am in the minority but I am not that bothered about Gils leaving. I found him such a frustrating player to watch over the last couple of seasons, he undoubtedly has talent but he has no pace and his decision making was poor. With regards Aggy, again I wouldn't be that fussed if he left, if he stays great as we need as strong as squad as possible. He did finish the season strongly but he was really poor at the start and he does have the tendancy to slow everything down in midfield as he has to get the ball onto his left foot all the time. We need a midfield that not only has some dig (especially as Turner is away) but also can move the ball quickly. I would far rather hold onto Fleming than Aggy in my humble opinon

I realise that I am in the minority but I am not that bothered about Gils leaving. I found him such a frustrating player to watch over the last couple of seasons, he undoubtedly has talent but he has no pace and his decision making was poor. With regards Aggy, again I wouldn't be that fussed if he left, if he stays great as we need as strong as squad as possible. He did finish the season strongly but he was really poor at the start and he does have the tendancy to slow everything down in midfield as he has to get the ball onto his left foot all the time. We need a midfield that not only has some dig (especially as Turner is away) but also can move the ball quickly. I would far rather hold onto Fleming than Aggy in my humble opinon

How is Agnew switching the ball onto his left foot, or moving his body shape to allow him to receive the ball with his left foot, any slower than a right footed player doing the same?

Got to disagree about keeping Fleming over Agnew. I like them both, but for me Agnew is the superior player.