Sons' sorrow

Also, regarding dig, we've signed two other midfielders in Miller and Gallagher who seem capable of doing that side of things, hopefully to free up Agnew to push further forward and play the killer passes he's capable of. I really hope Agnew stays, his role in the team last year was perhaps under-appreciated by the support.

I really hope Agnew stays, his role in the team last year was perhaps under-appreciated by the support.

100%.

He was poty by some distance IMO. I spoke to him at the awards do to let him know I was hugely disappointed he was walking away empty handed and I could tell he was gutted about it. In a footballing sense he was the best player in our team but guys like Graham and Rogers will always stand out more and get more votes.

Yes but if the club owns the stadium then by property law it also owns the land underneath it and the air above, it's all part of a very complex conveyancing law that contains lots of interesting clauses to cover flats etc and stopping people charging planes to fly over them etc.

I'm afraid they don't necessarily

How is Agnew switching the ball onto his left foot, or moving his body shape to allow him to receive the ball with his left foot, any slower than a right footed player doing the same?

Got to disagree about keeping Fleming over Agnew. I like them both, but for me Agnew is the superior player.

I don't think anyone can deny that Aggy is a really good footballer, and what he has contributed to the team over the past few seasons has been immense, I just think the fact he is so one footed slows the game down sometimes, most players at this level have the ability to use both feet. I have lost count of the amount of times we are on the break the balls goes to Aggy and he has to turn back as the majority of times he won't use his right foot.

I think the fact he isn't 2 footed is the probably the only reason he hasn't made it at a higher level. (I do realise that I am leaving myself open for someone to mention the cracker he scored with his right foot at the Rock some time ago!)

My fear with starting the season with a brand new team except andy graham is that it takes half a season for all the newbies to settle in and we could be doomed by the time they Do. It's obviously early doors but need some sort of experience of this league and if no one else resigns we definitely need to bring in Experience. Jason talbot is a free agent lol

I'd have had more fear starting the season with much the same squad as last year, which is no doubt what Murray would've done. Players will obviously take time to gel but the good thing is Stee looks to be getting his squad together before pre-season starts, meaning the players will have 6+ weeks to get to know each other before the serious stuff starts. Obviously training and playing together are different things but it shouldn't worry us too much. It looks like Hibs, Queens and Falkirk are the only ones with a lot of last seasons squad so we're not alone in this boat.

Only Lee Mair needed for the hat-trick :thumsup2

I'm shocked a player of Mair's tremendous experience hasn't found himself a club yet. I thought clubs would be desperate to snap him up immediately...

E.T.A More than happy with Cawley as Mitch's replacement.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Mitch away 2 raith rovers

I'm a wee bit suprised by that. Mitch was good in his 1st season but not so last. Not sure he done enough to merit a full time contract.

In saying that maybe going full time will help his game and as has been said he is bound to score against us. I also happier to have Cawley in place of Megginson.