Sons' sorrow

He kept Aggy out of the team for a long spell 2 seasons ago, even after Aggy returned from injury. If he can recapture that form then we're laughing.

Yeah this. I think if I had the choice of an in form Kirky or an in form Aggy I'd choose Kirky! I know they are different types of player but I would prefer Kirkpatrick playing well over Agnew playing well.

Edited by squeezeboxson

Makes perfect sense for us to let go of a striker who got 17 goals in all competitions last year and sign Aggie for £600 per week. The rumour mill seems to have reached silly season.

Well no but letting go of Buchanan isn't your plan. One thing that would make sense is Dumbarton being after Buchanan, which is what's being suggested. The £600 Aggie deal seems to have bothered a lot of you. Was Chopra worth that last season?

Well no but letting go of Buchanan isn't your plan. One thing that would make sense is Dumbarton being after Buchanan, which is what's being suggested. The £600 Aggie deal seems to have bothered a lot of you. Was Chopra worth that last season?

Chops was worth every penny! His goals in the playoffs and the extra attention he brought to the club was well worth it. Where are you getting the info regarding his wages? Not saying he wasn't earning that.

Chops was worth every penny! His goals in the playoffs and the extra attention he brought to the club was well worth it. Where are you getting the info regarding his wages? Not saying he wasn't earning that.

Just what I've heard, if I'm honest I was expecting him to be on more and I've said all along it could be nonsense but I don't appear to be the only one who has heard the same. In any case, my point is that Agnew is capable of contributing as many goals/assists as Chopra has in 5 months so being annoyed about 1 being given that much and not the other didn't make much sense to me.

FWIW, I wouldn't want either here on that sort of money.

Just what I've heard, if I'm honest I was expecting him to be on more and I've said all along it could be nonsense but I don't appear to be the only one who has heard the same. In any case, my point is that Agnew is capable of contributing as many goals/assists as Chopra has in 5 months so being annoyed about 1 being given that much and not the other didn't make much sense to me.

FWIW, I wouldn't want either here on that sort of money.

I don't know what he was earning but it could be around that figure. Apparently when we try and sign guys from England there is money set aside to pretty much make them full time.

Chopra was worth every penny. He signed in March and contributed a lot to the team he might not have scored goals straight away but he assisted in goals and seemed to add confidence into the team. The Aggie deal/rumour doesn't bother me that and I'm not fussed about paying players £600 a week as we have extra funds available due to the large crowds this and last season. Our owner has already said that the difference between this league and the seaside league is worth hundreds of thousands to us. So it makes sense to push the boat out on a couple of players and make sure we stay up. He's even putting players from England up in some of his properties to get them to sign.

I get what you're saying about Buchanan as it would make sense for any team in this league to try and sign him. Although I'm not sure why he would go to Dumbarton considering it would involve more travelling and that we should be able to pay him more.

Edited by BigMartyn86

Sons chasing Mark Brown. Would be very happy if we got him as our new keeper. Paper says Buddies interested too.

Not saying if the signing is true or not but Aitken and Brown worked together at Stranraer as well. I think Aitken works alongside Brown's dad.

Chopra was worth every penny. He signed in March and contributed a lot to the team he might not have scored goals straight away but he assisted in goals and seemed to add confidence into the team. The Aggie deal/rumour doesn't bother me that and I'm not fussed about paying players £600 a week as we have extra funds available due to the large crowds this and last season. Our owner has already said that the difference between this league and the seaside league is worth hundreds of thousands to us. So it makes sense to push the boat out on a couple of players and make sure we stay up. He's even putting players from England up in some of his properties to get them to sign.

I get what you're saying about Buchanan as it would make sense for any team in this league to try and sign him. Although I'm not sure why he would go to Dumbarton considering it would involve more travelling and that we should be able to pay him more.

Lure of Scotland's premier part-time club m8.

E.T.A I'd be chuffed with Brown, decent 'keeper and at his age will want first team football, something I doubt Muzz could guarantee.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Gaffer Stephen Aitken tells The Dumbarton Terrace that Mark Brown is on the radar and that two more players are expected to re-sign ahead of pre-season training starting on Sunday.

Full interview here: https://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/where-did-the-close-season-go/

Garry re-signing will presumably see him become a utility player rather than a first-pick in a regular position. I'm still a bit nervous about the striking department and I hope that has become a focus.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

Gaffer Stephen Aitken tells The Dumbarton Terrace that Mark Brown is on the radar and that two more players are expected to re-sign ahead of pre-season training starting on Sunday.

Full interview here: https://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/where-did-the-close-season-go/

I like the way Aitken's going about his business since signing. He seems a very professional and motivated guy.

Good read, Andy. I like the fact that Aitken and Faz have been very open in the interviews with yourself and other outlets, letting us know the latest on who we are looking at and where we stand with out of contract players. It's refreshing to have such a media friendly gaffer.

Taggart and Garry re-signing would be excellent news. Taggart in particular really began to stand out towards the end of the season. His performance against Hibs in particular being standout.

Still an awful lot of work to be done, but I'm very confident in Stee. Looking forward to seeing what news we get this week.

Garry re-signing will presumably see him become a utility player rather than a first-pick in a regular position. I'm still a bit nervous about the striking department and I hope that has become a focus.

This.

It's an area that worries me, other than the Kane loan it's been a problem position for us. We were dreadful after he left, we just offered nothing in the final third and you could see our midfield struggling to pick a pass.

I have every confidence in Aitken and the guy is impressing me with how he's conducting his dealings so far but the lack of available strikers may be an issue. Reckon we could be looking at another loan or two to sort us out.