Sons' sorrow

I hear there's still 4 more signings to come or at least we have the budget for.Who they'll be i have no idea. But i'd imagine a striker and centre half are 2 of them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

If we make 4 signings it will be: A first choice centre half, first choice striker, a cover centre mid and a cover winger.

I'd have thought so. But whether we'll be making as many as 4 signings remains to be seen...

Always the option to supplement the team with loans as well. We've had a few successes here recently.

Definitely, if we could bring in the next Paul McGinn, Mark Lamont or Scott Smith, I'd be chuffed.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fleming and Megginson start up front against Thistle together as they well could be the two main strikers for us next season.

Definitely, if we could bring in the next Paul McGinn, Mark Lamont or Scott Smith, I'd be chuffed.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fleming and Megginson start up front against Thistle together as they well could be the two main strikers for us next season.

I've really liked Megginson so far. I know it's not much to base it on but he's looked sharp and isn't scared to take a man on. I wouldn't be against those two up front but I still think we need another striker.

I'd quite like to see a striker with a presence come in. After seeing how effective it was having someone like Lister last year I think it would be useful. I would also like to see a big commanding centre back come in. Wouldn't mind if both were loan signings to be honest.

I don't think Kirkpatrick is the type of player we should be looking at. He's been described by Accies fans as 'fairly slow but good technically', exactly how I would describe both Mark Gilhaney and Steven McDougall. I feel we're still lacking pace in the team, apart from Paul McGinn and Mitch Megginson and should be looking to bring in a young, quick winger on loan from the SPL.

I wouldn't really describe Gilhaney or McDougall as fairly slow

I think what he means is neither have blistering pace. both have great skill in getting past players, but you would be surprised if either sprinted past the opposition in a 1 v 1 situation

Not slow but not quick either. If that makes sense.

Agreed! They aren't slow players and would match most defenders but won't clearly outpace them in the way some like Del Carcary would. Haven't had a player with that pace since he left. Would love to see someone like that come in.

Agreed! They aren't slow players and would match most defenders but won't clearly outpace them in the way some like Del Carcary would. Haven't had a player with that pace since he left. Would love to see someone like that come in.

Paul McGinn is very quick but can only do so much from right back.

I doubt any player outside the topflight has pace like carcary. If they do we won't see them in a sons top. We do need a striker. I wouldn't hit the panic button. In Murray we trust

green . when i get the chance... i hate when i run out of green dots...