Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Sorry, I have no view on that signing, just as I have none on what's happened with Josh Todd.

You'll need to rely on your own faulty compass here.  Good luck.

Suuuuure you don't. Why is my compass faulty?

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No, Monkey Tennis posted the word "nonsense" with respect to the suggestion that if something was within the letter of the law it couldn't be immoral. And he's right, that clearly is nonsense. He hasn't offered any opinion about Dumbarton's actions either so far as I can see.

I'll stop being anal when you stop tarring me with someone else's brush. Deal?

I never even mentioned your name. Simply used the plural phrase to refer to Queens fans and you included yourself in it even though you knew you'd said nothing. Tarred yourself with that brush just so you could untarr yourself. Bizarelly, MT is now trying to distant himself from it all, in an even more anal fashion. Must be something in the water.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Is this a possibility? .

Evidently not now.

Just now, Kitty_Boy said:

You can't compare taking a fallen apple from the King's orchard to stealing food from the mouths of bairns.

:lol:

Behave yersel.

Starting to think Queens are a bit jealous they didn't go down this route and sign the lad, so taking the moral high ground now makes them feel better about things. Bizarre bunch.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Starting to think Queens are a bit jealous they didn't go down this route and sign the lad, so taking the moral high ground now makes them feel better about things. Bizarre bunch.

No, definitely not. I would have had the same opinion if any club had gone down this route.

Of course, Im sure the Dumbarton fans would be the same if it ever happened to their club

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

No, definitely not. I would have had the same opinion if any club had gone down this route.

Of course, Im sure the Dumbarton fans would be the same if it ever happened to their club

Not likely since we done away with our young uns

Just now, Mr X said:

If it ever happens (doubtful because we're a sound club that doesn't like to hold players back for the sake of a few grand) I'm sure you and MT will be back to keep us in check anyway. 

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If it ever happens (doubtful because we're a sound club that doesn't like to hold players back for the sake of a few grand) I'm sure you and MT will be back to keep us in check anyway. 

Listen, I can't promise to be there every single time you need some moral pointers.  A time will come when you have to make some choices of your own.

I will however pledge to keep an eye open and nudge you back on course when I can.

26 minutes ago, Mr X said:

24 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Not likely since we done away with our young uns

23 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The perfect crime :lol:

:lol: It's all becoming clear now, cunning plan from all at DFC to prevent a revenge attack 

I agree with Mr X this type of signing should be stamped out of our game. Clubs are entitled to compensation and if we are going to encourage clubs to grow their own youngsters then this must be adhered to by all clubs. SFA should take action against clubs that break this rule imo and that includes my own club.

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I agree with Mr X this type of signing should be stamped out of our game. Clubs are entitled to compensation and if we are going to encourage clubs to grow their own youngsters then this must be adhered to by all clubs. SFA should take action against clubs that break this rule imo and that includes my own club.

Nobody has broken any rules here though?

Dumbarton don't appear to have broken the rules but that doesn't mean it was morally correct (anyone who thinks lawful = moral is a tad simple).

I don't think it's unreasonable that a club that has nurtured a players' talent should be due money for doing so. If it weren't for such a rule then bigger clubs would be able to poach young players from wee teams even more so than they currently do. The whole idea of signing someone on an amateur contract (and often paying them ridiculous expenses to make up for it) to get around this makes a mockery of the rule and sets a dangerous precedent.

Bet your neighbours love you, ya fucking grass.

I struggle to be comfortable with the rule on the basis in this instance that Annan actually signed him one summer from another teams academy, played him and then offered him a new deal the next. Considering it is 'training compensation' then (IMO) that isn't really what the rule is intended for (the purpose of it is recompense for developing your own players.  Not signing players who didn't make it at a bigger clubs ones and then trying to chain them until they are 23.)

The wording is wrong if it allows for that. Annan should not be able to cash in on work done by Carlisle United as if it were their own. 

Edited by itzdrk

I'm pretty surprised at Alan Jardine's comments on the Reporters website. He's said the SPFL are investigating and we can't comment. Surely he of all people should know that we've acted within the rules? Seems to be casting more doubt over this when he should be protesting our innocence, especially when there's many instances of it happening before.