administration dead pool

pedromcg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got work done on the motor for £180, Kwik fit wanted to charge £320. There's the difference.

Anyhoo, back on topic, I think WH Smith will be next. Does anyone really think they can rely on rip-off train station and airport shops??

1358370556[/url]' post='6991282']

Is anyone actually stupid enough to go to them these days?

Company car owners. I am obliged to take my car there for new tyres and the like. Thing is, I know fine well they will be ripping off Lex and/or the company I work for, but seeing as it ain't my money and they have a place 2 minutes from my house, couldn't give a shite.

Really? Every time I go past one it's near enough empty. Everyone I know who uses it only uses it as a glorified toy shop.

Argos do a good trade, definitely.

Every one I've seen recently has been busy, and that's despite the average time spent per customer in shop being greatly reduced due to click and collect, and home shopping, which these days isn't just for the big items that they don't stock in store.

As someone else mentioned, they have embraced the internet, especially with click and collect. The search facility is good, the filtering of the results is easy, can check stock in all their stores in real-time, it then takes 10 seconds to reserve something, and 30 seconds to pay for it in store once I've wandered along there. A lot easier than thumbing through a catalogue, writing down the product number on one of the wee bits of paper, then taking it to the till.

I got work done on the motor for £180, Kwik fit wanted to charge £320. There's the difference.

Anyhoo, back on topic, I think WH Smith will be next. Does anyone really think they can rely on rip-off train station and airport shops??

plus the motorway rest stops, WH Smith have a fucking monopoly on them it seems, and when your in a car with screaming weans, paying over the odds for everything is bliss

And they have the cheek to try and soften the blow of charging over the odds by offering you bars a galaxy for a quid. No, I'll tell you what, charge me a pound for a bottle of juice then I'll be happy to give you my money.

Yeh all that private health care, they're really sticking it to the staff with the bupa cover eh?

Dunno about that, but I know a couple of folk who used to work for them, and it seemed to be one of those 'Work anywhere we decide in or around Central Scotland for 80 hours a week and you might make more than a subsistence wage' type jobs.

I seem to remember one of them was at management level and yet had a back injury treated on the NHS for some reason. This suggests to me that the level of cover will likely be pretty pish.

Sports Direct is a shambles of a shop. The store in Kirkcaldy is like a fucking jumble sale. Far too much stock - most of it shite - crammed in. The place is full to the gunnels and badly set out. Is it just this store that's like this or is it a common theme for Sports Direct?

Surely that place can't be long for this world.

Number one in their sector? For what, exactly?

For selling tyres + parts etc which is main part of their business.

I know or are related to a few people who work for Kwik Fit's main opposition who say that Kwik Fit made most money last year.

Kwik Fit is supposedly up for sale though.

Sports Direct is a shambles of a shop. The store in Kirkcaldy is like a fucking jumble sale. Far too much stock - most of it shite - crammed in. The place is full to the gunnels and badly set out. Is it just this store that's like this or is it a common theme for Sports Direct?

Surely that place can't be long for this world.

Mostly all like that. Pile it high, sell it cheap. Could barely walk around the one in Braehead when it was busy however it is working for them isn't it? They ain't going for the John Lewis sector of retail.

Halfords I think will be alright, mainly because they've moved on to selling bikes and cycling equipment, a bit of a growth area. Decathlon too are expanding on sports goods and bikes. I think I've bought more out of Halfords in the last year than I have in HMV, Comet and Blockbuster put together!

WH Smith I think have enough in the high demand areas where people just want to get something quick like Airports, Train Stations and Service stations to get by. If you want a drink for the plane you pay their £1.60 for 500ml or £2 on the plane.

Archived