NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Is this running back Lacy, any good?

I was desperate for the Rams to draft him. Steven Jackson 2.0. Only dropped because of injury issues. Blitz pick-up is a strength. Nicknamed "circle button" cos he has a sick spin move.

Regardless of the QB situation, Geno Smith is an absolute steal in the 2nd round. He's also an upgrade on Sanchez.

Yeah, I agree with that. I'm more scorned by the fact that we drafted a QB, not that it's specifically Geno.

Now that he has a run game and more reliable protection in Winters with our 3rd and 4th picks (effectively), I'd like to see us draft a TE next. Justice Cunningham or Joseph Fauria I like. Fauria is a Red Zone beast and could be the go to guy on 3rd down. We really missed that last season when Plaxico Burress left. A more development player in Rounds 6/7 is DC Jefferson. He wasn't utilised at Rutgers as a receiver at all and showed on his Pro Day that he has decent hands.

Other options are whichever WR drops to the 5th. I like Chris Harper as a big bodied receiver who is quick strong and can adjust his body to poorly thrown balls - he had Collin Klein as a QB all year. I want us to draft both a TE and WR to grow into the offense with Geno, just like the Colts did with Luck, TY Hilton and Dwayne Allen/Coby Fleener. Build a rapport between the players a la Brady/Welker and give Geno the best possible opportunity to succeed.

Edited by GingerSaint

Another bonus of Geno Smith is that he ran a hurry up offense in College. That's what I hope we implement because that's the direction the league is going. Hurry up offense certainly works. We've played enough games against Timmy Brady to know that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv-VdQRYvyc

Edited by GingerSaint

Best players remaining on day three?

DE Alex Okafor - Texas

QB Matt Barkley - Southern California

OG Barrett Jones - Alabama

QB Ryan Nassib - Syracuse

OLB Khaseem Greene - Rutgers

RB Andre Ellington - Clemson

RB Jonathan Franklin - California, Los Angeles

C Brian Schwenke - California

WR Quinton Patton - Louisiana Tech

OT David Bakhtiari - Colorado

There are also a number of unheralded players I am keen on who still remain. There is life in this thing yet!

Yeah, I agree with that. I'm more scorned by the fact that we drafted a QB, not that it's specifically Geno.

The situation at QB is a circus, but I'm pretty sure Sanchez is finished and he has no-one to blame but himself. I think it will be Garrard showing Smith the ropes for next season.

Matt Barkley going back to college was a horrible decision financially.

Yeah it's a shame. I still think he played okay last year in very difficult circumstances. Nice guy as well.

He has a good chance of going in these next six picks for one reason or another. I also think your Chargers might keep him in the area; he's a Whisenhunt kind of QB.

Beyond that if he slides to the fifth, he's in play for anyone as at that point he's just too good value and at the very least serves as an excellent backup with trade and developmental potential.

Much of that also applies to Ryan Nassib.